• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

CbabyRKO

Trumperdink Mussolini
Four California teens accused of beating a college student to death admitted they attacked him because “he was Chinese” so “he must have money,” according to court testimony.

University of Southern California graduate student Xinran Ji was mugged on the Los Angeles campus in July after he left a study group.

The four accused murderers all admitted to the robbery and beating, LAPD Det. Paul Shearholdt testified
[...]
Andrew Garcia, 19, told cops that he and four other friends saw the 24-year-old walking home alone on July 24. The group decided to mug him, he said.

“Because he was Chinese, he must have money,” Garcia told police.

The electrical engineering student was originally from China.

Police said Ji was bludgeoned with a baseball bat. Investigators believe he tried to flee the muggers, but the suspects attacked a second time. He eventually was able to drag himself back to his apartment, where his roommate found him dead several hours later.

Garcia and three others —19-year-old Jonathan DelCarmen, 17-year-old Alberto Ochoa and 16-year-old Alejandra Guerrero — face murder charges as adults.

The fifth person in the group, a teenage girl, faces other charges as a minor, police said.

DelCarmen, Ochoa and Guerrero were ordered to stand trial Thursday, NBC Los Angeles reported.

After Garcia interrupted court proceedings
[...]a judge questioned his mental competence.

A Feb. 3 hearing will determine if he’s fit to stand trial,.
http://m.nydailynews.com/news/crime...-student-beating-death-cops-article-1.2079595

“Because he was Chinese, he must have money,” Garcia told police.
Well that's a new stereotype for me. I've heard that because a person is Chinese he or she must be smart, good at math, get good grade but I've never heard that being Chinese means they would have money.

Well since he was Chinese and he must then have money??? If they want to stereotype a race then let's stereotype theirs! They all appear to be Hispanic so they all must be in America illegally then. Or they all speak Spanish and don't know a word of English. Or all them have 10 siblings or more. Or live in a house with 25 other people. Or only eat Spanish food. Instead of that nonsense I think it is more appropriate to just call them dumb ass kids who bought themselves a life sentence in cell with other dumb asses just like them. Congratulations to them! They don't have to work for money now or steal it because they will now be told when to go to bed, what to eat, what to wear and don't have to pay a dime! I think I would just rather work and be free!

Well that's a new stereotype for me. I've heard that because a person is Chinese he or she must be smart, good at math, get good grade but I've never heard that being Chinese means they would have money.
That's is a new, but largely correct stereotype- I go to college at Oklahoma University, and the ESL program is about 30% Chinese- they're more loaded than the Saudis, (and that's saying something!) there's all kinds of BMWs, a Ducati motorcycle, and even a Lotus in the parking lot!

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/USC-Student-China-Killing-Murder-488126171.html
A 20-year-old woman was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole for her role in the 2014 baseball bat beating death of a USC graduate student from China.

Alejandra Guerrero was convicted in October 2016. She was sentenced along with a co-defendant Friday in the brutal attack on electrical engineering student Xinran Ji, who was ambushed by a group of assailants near the Los Angeles campus while walking back to his apartment following a study session.
[....]
Co-defendant Jonathan Del Carmen, 23, pleaded guilty last year to second-degree murder. He was sentenced Friday to 15 years to life in prison. Both Guerrero, 16 at the time of the killing, and Del Carmen apologized in court Friday morning before they were sentenced.

Guerrero also was convicted of taking part in an attack on a man and woman at Dockweiler State Beach about two hours after Ji was beaten.

A third co-defendant, Andrew Garcia, 22, was sentenced last year to life in prison without the possibility of parole. Garcia was convicted June 8, 2017, of first-degree murder and one count each of robbery, attempted robbery and assault with a deadly weapon for attacking the man and woman at Dockweiler State Beach.

Alberto Ochoa, now 21, is still awaiting trial in Ji's killing, along with the Dockweiler Beach attack.
[....]
Del Carmen remained inside a vehicle after pulling over when Ji was walking near the USC campus. Garcia, Guerrero and Ochoa got out of the car to confront the victim, and Del Carmen drove around the corner as Garcia and Guerrero chased after Ji and continued the attack, during which Ji was beaten with a baseball bat.

Following the attack, Ji was able to stagger away and make his way back to his fourth-floor apartment, McKinney told jurors.

"He's dying. The fatal blows have already been inflicted. He doesn't know he's dying....," the prosecutor said of surveillance video showing the victim returning to the apartment building where he was found lifeless later that morning.

Prosecutors opted not to seek the death penalty against Garcia or Del Carmen. Guerrero and Ochoa could not face the death penalty because they were both under 18 at the time Ji was slain.

In Ji's honor, USC established a Xinran Ji Memorial Scholarship, which is awarded annually to a promising electrical engineering graduate student from China, Hong Kong, Macau or Taiwan.
[....]

A young man was sentenced Friday to life in prison without the possibility of parole for his role in the beating death of a USC graduate student from China who was attacked near campus while walking back to his apartment after a study session.

Despite the life-without-parole sentence, state law requires that Alberto Ochoa be given a parole hearing in 25 years because he was 17 at the time of the crime, according to Deputy District Attorney John McKinney.

A jury in downtown Los Angeles jury deliberated about two hours before convicting Ochoa, now 22, on Dec. 12 of first-degree murder for the July 24, 2014, attack on Xinran Ji. The 24-year-old electrical engineering student was able to stagger away from the attack scene and reached his nearby apartment, where he was found dead by one of his roommates.

Back