• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Four of the five teens accused in the 2017 killing of Kenneth White appeared in court on Monday to accept a plea deal in the case.

The engaged father-of-four, 32, was killed when the teens dropped a six-pound rock from an overpass that crashed through the windshield of the van he was riding in through Vienna Township, Michigan.

He suffered a cracked skull and died of blunt force trauma at the hospital.

Mark Sekelsky, 17; Mikadyn Payne, 16; Alexzander Miller, 16; and Trevor Gray, 15; were initially hit with 11 charges as adults, including second-degree murder.

The four have now agreed to plead guilty if the murder charge is downgraded to manslaughter and the 10 other charges dropped.

Their fifth cohort, 18-year-old Kyle Anger, did not appear in court on Monday since his attorney had a family emergency. He is due back in court on August 6.

He has not accepted any plea deal.

But it appears that he will not be let off so easy, as the one who dropped the rock that killed White.

The four others have allegedly agreed to testify against Anger.

The teens initially faced the possibility of life in prison for the second-degree murder charge.

That sentence will be much lower now that they've pleaded to manslaughter
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-accused-mans-killing-accept-plea-deals.html

The teens initially faced the possibility of life in prison for the second-degree murder charge.

That sentence will be much lower now that they've pleaded to manslaughter
That's a shame. I think society would be better off if they weren't in it.

A Michigan court on Thursday heard the devastating 911 call made moments after a father-of-four was fatally struck by a rock which was dropped from an overpass and crashed through his windshield.

Kenneth White was driving south along the the Interstate 75 with friend Stephen Anthor on October 18, 2017 when their van was struck by a rock thrown from the Dodge Road overpass by five teenagers.

Sitting in court, defendants Mark Sekelsky, 17, and Alexzander Miller, 16, heard the recording where Anthor yells into the phone: 'I got a guy bleeding out. I got a busted windshield and my buddy's heads about gone.

'Kenny, don't die, man. Come on Kenny, wake up man. Come on man, please. I can't get a response from him.'

Miller and Sekelsky entered manslaughter pleas as part of a deal last October. Judge Joseph J. Farah will decide if they'll be sentenced as juveniles or adults.

Four months ago Kyle Anger, now 19, asked to be sentenced under manslaughter guidelines which carry up to 15 years in prison. He threw four rocks. He will be sentenced as an adult. Second-degree murder carries up to life in prison.

. What was the purpose? To wait until the road cleared to drop the item to see it break? No, to make contact [with a car] in this game called Overpassing," he said according to Fox 2. “To be able to say aloud, 'Dinger!'
I hope the other inmates k ow what they are in for and all these details.
I hope they yell DINGER when they are ass fucked.

23 July 2019
[...]
In rendering his decision, [Judge Joseph] Farah pointed toward Snapchat messages that included discussions by the teens of getting tear-drop tattoos after reports surfaced that White died and trying to “lay low” after the incident.

He also noted testimony that there had been six to 10 instances in which the teens dropped items off overpasses including up to 20 rocks, sized from a softball to basketball, along with a muffler, shopping cart, and a couch, damaging six vehicles.

“This was not a situation where someone drove by and saw a rock on the side of the overpass and said, ‘Hey, let’s throw this rock over and keep on going,’” said Farah. “There wasn’t one event, nor was it done at a single location. The rocks and other items were gathered from other locations, loaded in a trunk and then driven to overpasses to throw them over.”

A fifth suspect -- 19-year-old Kyle J. Anger -- will be sentenced as an adult, it was previously determined. He did not appear in court Tuesday.

Anger reached a deal to have 10 charges dropped in exchange for a guilty plea on a single count of second-degree murder.

Attorneys for the four teens have until Aug. 20 to enter their new agreements with the court.

Last edited:
The oldest suspect in the fatal I-75 rock-throwing case learned his fate in a Genesee County courtroom Tuesday a year of waiting.

Kyle Anger, 19, the lone teen in the case tried as an adult, was sentenced by Genesee Circuit Judge Joseph J. Farah to serve 39 months to 20 years in prison, with credit for 740 days -- just over two years -- time served.

Farah said it’s his belief that Anger’s adult sentence should be the highest of the five suspects.

Anger previously reached a deal in late October 2018 to have 10 charges dropped in exchange for a guilty plea on a single count of second-degree murder.

He is one of five suspects charged with killing Kenneth A. White, 32.

I as a 12 year old would ride a bike down to a interstate overpass with no ramps and watch cars go by looking at the out of state tags thinking on how big the US is and the last thing on my mind was throwing rocks.in north ft Myers there's a overpass that was the same ,no ramps, that in the late 80s a couple of boys tossed a cinder block off onto a vehicle killing the driver , that's always stuck in my head when on a interstate.

One of the teens accused in the 2017 fatal rock-throwing incident in Clio will be released on parole this week.

“Kyle Anger is out and I’m sure he didn’t get the assistance that the juvenile system would have provided,” said Mike Manley, attorney.

Anger, the oldest of five boys charged with the deadly I-75 Clio rock-throwing case, will be released on parole this week, according to sources from Manley.

Anger was convicted of throwing the rock that killed 32-year-old Kenneth White in 2017. The other teens charged in the case – Mark Sekelsky, Mikadyn Payne, Trevor Gray, and Alexzander Miller – are still waiting for their sentences. Three of them are still in jail.

Manley represents Payne. He said he is waiting on a court of appeals decision as to whether the rest of the teens can be sentenced as juveniles. They were all originally going to be sentenced as adults.

Manley doesn’t believe prison is the answer.

“Because the whole statute is what is the best sentence for a child and what is the best sentence for the community. An argument was if you send a child in their formidable years to learn their habits in a state prison, they don’t come back better,” Manley said.

Manley said they have been waiting for a decision since October. He said the juvenile system would be the better option for the teens because it provides resources to help them reform. He doesn’t believe prison provides the best help for people that will reenter society.

Manley said he is hopeful the decision will be made soon.
“These kids are worth saving. And I’m going to do everything in my power to save them and make them viable, productive members of society,” Manley said.

Anger will be a convicted murderer for the rest of his life. If the rest of the accused rock throwers are charged as juveniles, those sentences will not carry the same felony penalties.
1611257401116.png

Kenneth White's life was worth something

Good catch. I was in a hurry and missed it. Can't wait to see how Kyle will become a model citizen from here on out. :penguin: Of course, if he fucks up it will be blamed on adult prison.

FLINT, MI -- Three teens charged in the 2017 rock-throwing death of Kenneth A. White have been sentenced and will serve one year of probation.

Mark A. Sekelsky, 19, Trevor A. Gray, 18, and Mikadyn M. Payne, 19, were sentenced Tuesday, Aug. 3 by Genesee County Circuit Court Judge Duncan Beagle.
[....]
The teens sentenced Tuesday are three of five accused of tossing rocks on Oct. 18, 2017 from the Dodge Road overpass above southbound Interstate 75 in Vienna Township.
[....]
“I know I can’t do anything to change what has been done and that’s what hurts me the most,” Trevor Gray said in his statement to the court.

He apologized for his actions, stating he takes full responsibility for his part in the crime.

Gray said he asks God for forgiveness every day.

“I messed up and I will never live this down. Every day it will live with me in my head,” he said, his voice breaking. “Why, why did this have to happen? So I just ask this of you all and want you to know how truly sorry I am, and I hope someday you will find it in your heart to forgive me, no matter how much time it will take.”

Beagle asked Gray to address White’s sister, who told him it’s hard not to hate him but she really hopes they all learned their lesson.

Habedank asked Grey to do something with his life that helps people.

Sekelsky told the court he is sorry for the grief he caused White’s family.

“I wish I could take back those regrettable, bad decisions,” he said. “I never intended to hurt anyone and now I have to live with it, knowing I was involved in someone’s untimely death.”
[....]
Payne also apologized to White’s family, stating, “This whole situation has been one heck of a learning lesson.”

“I’ve thought, what if that was my dad that was driving down the highway and we threw some stuff and it went through his windshield,” he said. “How would I feel I would want to happen to those people?”

After almost four years, Payne said he’s still in shock that he ever put himself in that situation.

“It’s hard to put into words how sorry I am,” he said.

Beagle asked the defendants “What were you guys thinking?”

“I don’t think we were thinking at all. We were just dumb kids,” said Sekelsky, with Gray and Payne echoing the sentiment.

Annette Safran, White’s aunt, joined the court over Zoom and said she wishes the defendants the best.

“It breaks my heart what happened to my nephew,” she said. “He’ll never come back again, but you guys can do better in life.”
[....]
The three teens were placed on one year of probation, which requires them to maintain employment, submit to random drug testing and have no contact with the victim’s family without court supervision, per their plea.

In addition to probation, Beagle said he is also requiring all three defendants to perform 100 hours of community service.

The attorneys for all three defendants said the boys have spent time in jail reflecting on their actions and working toward their education or careers.

“The bottom line is these young men have recovered and each of them has recovered,” Beagle said. “Each of them has done very well and that’s to their credit. Either way you cut it, we all have ups and downs in life and either way the lesson is we all have to pick up the pieces and move forward.”

A settlement conference over restitution was scheduled for 9:30 a.m. Friday, Aug. 27.

So one kid was hung out to dry .. real prison .. real sentence .. permanent record because he was a couple months older than the rest .. the rest play pseudo victim to their own actions have a lawyer draft what to say .. behave a year longer and well it's sealed .. all in the past .. complete start over no ribbons attached .. I don't get the justice system sometimes .. I think they set them all up for failure .. especially the kid who is labeled murder and will never be able to really reach any means of true success .. what the fuck do I know..

Back