• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Malodorous

Smells Bad
Hey Morbid,

So you're on vacation. So I'll bug you with a bug.

The last thread post in the Shoutbox:
Shoutbox said:

Both the Past Crimes subforum link and the thread link include "http://m." for the mobile version - even though I'm logged in to the desktop version, and clicking the links from the Shoutbox on http://www.dreamindemon.com/community/. It doesn't appear to be loading the mobile layout for me, as it appears largely the same as the Desktop layout. Here's what I see:

QXfefix.jpg

If I remove the "m." from the address bar and reload the page, I see this:

203YITD.jpg

Note that
a) I am not showing as logged on with the m. URL, but removing it shows me logged in again.
b) There's a cycling sticky above the thread in the m. URL page, that does not appear normally for me.

None of the previous Shoutbox new thread announcements did this (or if they have, I haven't noticed it before, but I click on them frequently.) CbabyRKO's username (in the Shoutbox announcement) is not hyperlinked to an m. URL for her account. I believe she does all her surfing on the phone, so maybe her being logged in on the mobile sit tripped something up here?

I don't see how that would relate to the other things. Does the site store separate logins for everyone for both the regular and mobile versions? So you can be logged in on one but not the other? Is that sticky only supposed to show up on the mobile layout? Is the mobile layout supposed to look like that? I have Flashblock, NoScript and Ghostery running, but I've whitelisted the site in Flashblock, and NoScript/Ghostery aren't blocking the site's scripts (just the Facebook/Twitter/etc. bullshit.)

Last edited:
Back