• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Victoria

Intrepid Sojourner
Bold Member!
Police race to Texas high school after gunfire, injuries reported

Police rushed to a high school in Santa Fe, Texas on Friday after an assailant with a gun wounded people in the latest shooting to rock a country still shaken by the massacre at a Florida high school in February.

The school district in Santa Fe, about 30 miles (48 km) southeast of Houston, said the situation was "active, but has been contained." Local media reported that a suspect was in custody.on Feb. 14 at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida.
"There have been confirmed injuries," the Santa Fe school district said in a statement.

A Santa Fe Police Department spokesman could not immediately confirm details. Local media said a medical Life Flight was dispatched to the school.
The latest possible shooting at a U.S. school underscored a renewed national debate over gun control and gun rights that has intensified after an assailant killed 17 students and staff on Feb. 14 at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida.

This is a breaking story and tentative reports are that there are 9 dead.

1526657674914.png

1526656551495.png
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/p...njuries-reported/ar-AAxt3Em?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Last edited:
New report that the gunman is a 17 year old male who was a student at the high school. Also reports of second person involved but role is uncertain.

Explosive devices also found on and off campus.

Last edited:
Of course each and every incident of a school shooting where children and adults have died is shocking and leaves one stunned and yes, frankly horrify.

As nothing has changed in any meaningful way to prevent these shootings however you can't be surprised by the fact that these shootings continue to take place.

Of course each and every incident of a school shooting where children and adults have died is shocking and leaves one stunned and yes, frankly horrify.

As nothing has changed in any meaningful way to prevent these shootings however you can't be surprised by the fact that these shootings continue to take place.
I totally understand what you were saying and agree. 100%

https://nypost.com/2018/05/18/texas-high-school-shooting-suspect-identified/
180518-texas-shooter-mugshot-feature.jpg

[....]
Dimitrios Pagourtzis, a 17-year-old former member of the school’s football team who recently posted a photo of a gun on Instagram, was arrested after the 7:30 a.m. massacre, law enforcement sources have told multiple outlets.

A second “possible person of interest” was being detained and questioned, Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez said at a press conference earlier.

At least 12 others were injured in the shooting, including one law enforcement officer, according to the Houston Chronicle.

One student told TV station KTRK that the gunman came into her first-period art class and started shooting.

“We thought it was a fire drill at first but really, the teacher said, ‘Start running,’” the student told the television station.

One student told a Fox news reporter that the shooter yelled “Surprise!” as he burst into the room.

Pagourtzis was dressed in a trench coat and a shirt that said “Born to Kill” on it, witnesses said.

In addition to the pipe bombs and rifle, he had a pistol and a shotgun, a senior law enforcement official told the Houston Chronicle.

“Officers inside encountered a bloody mess in the school,” the official told the paper. “Evidently this guy threw pipe bombs all in there. We don’t know if any of them went off.”

President Trump spoke about the shooting before a press conference Friday.

“We grieve for the terrible loss of life and send our support and love to everyone affected by this absolutely horrific attack to the students, families, teachers and personnel at Santa Fe High,” he said.

“We’re with you in this tragic hour and we will be with you forever. My administration is determined to do everything in our power to protect our students, secure hands of those who pose a threat to themselves, and to others. Everyone must work together at every level of government to keep our children safe.”

Curious why this is not a surprise. Because it's Texas? Because children were murdered? Because we dgaf unless it serves our political diatribe? Sorry, but these do surprise and horrify me each and every time.[/
The state in which this occurred has nothing to do with @Victoria ’s comment. She didn’t mention Texas once and while I don’t want to get into a political argument about gun laws, I will agree with her sentiment about not being surprised at this point. This is, after all, the 22nd US school shooting since the beginning of the year. And we are only in the 5th month. That is what I find shocking. When you hear about it weekly, you almost come to a point where you expect to hear it again.
How each person responds to tragic scenarios such as this doesn’t always imply politics. Frustration is definitely what many feel regardless of where you stand politically.
I feel both of your pain. Trust me. <3

...I will agree with her sentiment about not being surprised at this point. This is, after all, the 22nd US school shooting since the beginning of the year. And we are only in the 5th month. That is what I find shocking. When you hear about it weekly, you almost come to a point where you expect to hear it again.

I have to agree with @Olivia , since we are averaging approximately 5 school shootings a month so far this year, to me it is no longer surprising when there is a new one. It IS horrifying and tragic and depressing, but it is no longer surprising. I believe something will have to change in order for this awful trend to slow down or stop.

@Olive

You guys do know that of those 22 only 8-9 actually involve students/people intentionally trying to kill other students. Some of then were unintentional, some of them were staff or parents getting into disputes that led to gunfire. One of them was a BB gun, one was an accidental discharge by a teacher, one an accidental discharge by a student; This isn't 22 times that a person has gone into a school, guns blazing, intending to kill students. It seems completely disingenuous for news agencies to report it this way when more times than not, they had nothing to do with students at all. You can check the map at this site...

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/02/us/school-shootings-2018-list-trnd/index.html

This kind of reporting muddies the waters even further and it needs to be dialed back IMO.
They were still gun incidents.

I seen this earlier someplace else ... i didn't read the article because I thought it was old news ... NOPE !

Too bad the fucker lived ... although there might be a value in that. Who knows ...

I don't know how communities can prevent this happening again ... other than to stop raising unhappy and murderous kids.

I don't think gun control is the answer ... parents have to stop raising little assholes.

Last edited:
But they aren't all what one typically thinks of as a "school shooting" a la Springfield, Columbine, Parkland and now Santa Fe. When the accidental discharge of a gun ends in the accidental shooting of an ankle it should NOT be afforded the same title as what happened today. Two adults that just happen to be on school grounds for other reasons and they get into a brawl that ends in gunfire is NOT the same thing as what happened at Columbine. Lumping every incident that happened on school property across the land lessens the value of the term "school shooting". Let's leave the term "school shooting" for the real school shootings and call the others what they are be that an accidental discharge, a dispute that happened to take place on school grounds, a domestic violence incident like what happened in Michigan. Those should not be in the same category as a Columbine.
Nha

Ok, only five school shootings this year. Nothing to worry about then.

Because that's what I said? Or did I say that the media is being a bit loose with accuracy and truthfulness? If more than half of the incidents are being reported as "school shootings" when they are merely happenstance, why fuel public fear/outrage with falsely inflated numbers? And why am I the bad guy for requiring truthfulness and accuracy from the media?

Truthful ness in media ... ??? Or TV ... you know it is called programming ... clever !

Accused Texas High School Gunman Described As bullied Loner In A Trench Coat

1526692862188.png

SANTA FE, Texas

The teen accused of killing 10 people in a mass shooting at his Texas high school on Friday was described by fellow students as a quiet loner who played football but kept to himself and was reportedly the victim of some bullying.

The suspect, identified as 17-year-old Dimitrios Pagourtzis, was a junior at Santa Fe High School near Houston. Classmates remembered he often wore a trench coat, similar to the garment authorities said the assailant used to conceal the two firearms he carried into the school.

Texas Governor Greg Abbott told reporters the gunman was armed with a shotgun and a .38 revolver, both of which he had taken from his father. It was not known if the father was aware his son had possession of the guns.

While Abbott said there were few advance warning signs that the suspect had violent tendencies, one ominous social media post was an image of a black T-shirt with the words "Born to Kill" found on the Pagourtzis' Facebook page.

The Dallas Morning News reported that the Facebook page also bore the image of a trench coat with Nazi insignia. The newspaper said classmates characterized Pagourtzis as unpopular and often the target of bullying.
"He was really quiet and wore like a trench coat every day," Santa Fe High student Mateo Twilley, 15, told CNN on Friday afternoon. Twilley said he had played football with the suspect.

Another student, who was not identified, told reporters in a local television news interview Pagourtzis "stuck to himself. He never really talked to other people."
The Houston Chronicle reported that a caption on the suspect's Instagram page said, "we all die sometime."

Pagourtzis was being held without bond Friday afternoon at the Galveston County Jail after being charged with capital murder, authorities said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/brea...r-in-a-trench-coat/ar-AAxu3DJ?ocid=spartanntp

The cold metal of the heart displayed on the accused hatband in this image is likely to be some degrees warmer than the organ he carries within his chest.

Last edited:
internet problems all day today but will try to find the articles I did get to tweet from the articles mainly because one shows the clothing he wore which was real 3rd reichish complete with German cross and the other born to kill t shirt he had put up n fb
recently. Now while this is a particular look it kinda makes you side eye whos wearing itnk says he wore a long duster like coat that hid the ak, shotgun and pipe bombs as well as revolver to get into the school
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...oting-suspect-dimitrios-pagourtzis/623438002/

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/...-who-killed-10-12559451#ICID=sharebar_twitter
jacket-2.jpg

Last edited:
You guys do know that of those 22 only 8-9 actually involve students/people intentionally trying to kill other students.

That is far, far too many. They are no longer the rare and always shocking occurrence they used to be. An average of 2 "bad" school shootings a month still results in a lack of surprise when there is a new one.

You guys do know that of those 22 only 8-9 actually involve students/people intentionally trying to kill other students. Some of then were unintentional, some of them were staff or parents getting into disputes that led to gunfire. One of them was a BB gun, one was an accidental discharge by a teacher, one an accidental discharge by a student; This isn't 22 times that a person has gone into a school, guns blazing, intending to kill students. It seems completely disingenuous for news agencies to report it this way when more times than not, they had nothing to do with students at all. You can check the map at this site...

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/02/us/school-shootings-2018-list-trnd/index.html

This kind of reporting muddies the waters even further and it needs to be dialed back IMO.
I was referring to Victoria’s post to “not being surprised”. Whether it’s a slingshot or grenade, it all has malicious intent.
Are they similar? Not even close. Does it matter when the intent is to do harm or cause distress? Absolutely.

internet problems all day today but will try to find the articles I did get to tweet from the articles mainly because one shows the clothing he wore which was real 3rd reichish complete with German cross and the other born to kill t shirt he had put up n fb

He also had a rainbow flag pin, a hammer and sickle pin, a Luciferian star pin, and a cthulhu pin. As one Redditor noted:

"He's a Greek, pro gay, Satan worshiper that is into Communism, Nazi's and Alien squid monster overlords who was raised by a Liberal Mom, and a Dad who loves guns."

So basically a cringey, teenage, edgelord. Well at least he chickened out of the suicide and we'll possibly figure out why he and that other guy did it. The only way to stop these things in the future -- imho -- is to understand why they happen so they can be stopped beforehand. Oh, and for the media to quit doing every thing psychologists tell them not to do in these situations (Lead with body counts, plaster shooter's name and face all over the news).

But more than likely people will just argue to now ban shotguns and .38 revolvers along with "assault" rifles.

I felt sick when i found out he wasnt yet 18. SUcks we cant put shitstains like this to the sword.

I want to know why his dad has not been arrested yet. How is it not a crime to be so irresponsible with your firearms that a child is able to have free and easy access to them to do something like this? Hopefully the victims families are quick with the lawsuit and are able to take every single fucking penny and bit of comfort this trash family has before they can do some slimy financial manoervering to prevent it.

Not surprised the scumbag filth is yet again a family of whites. White people are fucking garbage and for a fact do not deserve the 1st amendment. This is a race that has shown, and continues to show, that they on the whole simply can not handle their 1st amendment rights. Said rights shoudl be stripped from them, especially in the south. God i fucking hate the south.

I've read countless accounts from classmates that he was in fact, NOT bullied. This is the same deal as with Columbine and nearly every other damn school shooting. The media just instantly jumps on this "oh it was a bullied nerd!" narrative, without actually trying to establish any actual facts. The stains that did Columbine were not bullied, nor were they loners(had a closeknit small group of friends actually), and the worthless filth that did this most recent one also appears to NOT have been a victim of bullying either.

But more than likely people will just argue to now ban shotguns and .38 revolvers along with "assault" rifles.

THat was a major failure of the protests following the FLorida shooting. Seemed the main focus was on banning certain type(s) of firearms, rather than purely on doing a FAR better job regulating and controlling gun ownership.

The govt, and many idiots in society at large, seem unwilling toa ccept the FACT that America outright sucks at implementing and exercising the 1st amendment. It's absolutely embarrassing how worthless that shit is dealt with. There's sooooo many simple, seemingly common sense things that surprisingly aren't part of any laws regarding gun rights/gun ownership, and what controls do exist are so often not properly enforced or implemented. Merely banning guns or certain kinds of guns is def not the fix, yet that's immediately where the debate goes for folks on both sides of it. Idiots.

Lot of shit being done to make it harder to get abortions though. Thanks govt. Priorities def in the right place!!!

He also had a rainbow flag pin, a hammer and sickle pin, a Luciferian star pin, and a cthulhu pin. As one Redditor noted:

"He's a Greek, pro gay, Satan worshiper that is into Communism, Nazi's and Alien squid monster overlords who was raised by a Liberal Mom, and a Dad who loves guns."

So basically a cringey, teenage, edgelord. Well at least he chickened out of the suicide and we'll possibly figure out why he and that other guy did it. The only way to stop these things in the future -- imho -- is to understand why they happen so they can be stopped beforehand. Oh, and for the media to quit doing every thing psychologists tell them not to do in these situations (Lead with body counts, plaster shooter's name and face all over the news).

you've been able to delve alot deeper than I could I had to find my old twitter link when I could pull that up but noticed the communist stuff too and have been seeing that alot with the Russian/Slav nationalist groups

My post had nothing to do with any of that. It was the repeating as if it were factual that there have been 22 "school shootings". That is not accurate. That is media hype. That is all. A non-fatal accidental discharge is, in all reality, nothing more than a giant mistake. Someone said, here, that we see one almost every week. That isn't true and THAT was my whole point. Just tonight, in Jonesboro, GA, two adults got into it and it led to an exchange of gunfire and someone died. They'll count it as a "school shooting" because those people were leaving a graduation ceremony. It isn't, truthfully, a "school shooting". That's my point. Facts are being twisted to suit an agenda. I'm not saying anyone here is being dishonest. Just the media.
And you are minimising for your own agenda. Only 5 or 6? Only 31 people died and scores injured? No problem.

A bullied loner ..

Big fucking deal, the fucktard needs to be put down like the rabid animal he is ..

Poor little, bubble wrapped asshole ..

A bullied loner ..

Big fucking deal, the fucktard needs to be put down like the rabid animal he is ..

Poor little, bubble wrapped asshole ..

Poor little bubble wrapped asshole ... hardly he just killed ten people.

This is not a gun problem ... its a parenting problem. Take guns away they'll use knives ... its the intent some children have to harm others

that is the problem. You call him a rabid animal ... He's not a rabid animal ... he is someones child.

Stop calling this kid names ... its his parents that need to be accountable for this.

OK, continue to spread misinformation and be duped by the media. Cool story. My ONLY agenda was trying to truth. Hell, call every shooting in America a "school shooting", clearly you favor intentionally misleading lies, gossip and indignant outrage over the truth.

WORD ... the fear mongering.

Like I didn't even read the article ... what do you need to know about it except the kids aren't alright ... but all anyone wants to talk about is GUNS!

Not surprised the scumbag filth is yet again a family of whites. White people are fucking garbage and for a fact do not deserve the 1st amendment. This is a race that has shown, and continues to show, that they on the whole simply can not handle their 1st amendment rights. Said rights shoudl be stripped from them, especially in the south. God i fucking hate the south.
The govt, and many idiots in society at large, seem unwilling toa ccept the FACT that America outright sucks at implementing and exercising the 1st amendment. It's absolutely embarrassing how worthless that shit is dealt with. There's sooooo many simple, seemingly common sense things that surprisingly aren't part of any laws regarding gun rights/gun ownership, and what controls do exist are so often not properly enforced or implemented. Merely banning guns or certain kinds of guns is def not the fix, yet that's immediately where the debate goes for folks on both sides of it. Idiots.

1st amendment?

Curious why this is not a surprise. Because it's Texas? Because children were murdered? Because we dgaf unless it serves our political diatribe?

Of course each and every incident of a school shooting where children and adults have died is shocking and leaves one stunned and yes, frankly horrifies. As nothing has changed in any meaningful way to prevent these shootings however you can't be surprised by the fact that these shootings continue to take place.

Texas School Shooting: 10 Dead, 10 Hurt, and Many Not Surprised That It Happened

It was barely after 7:30 a.m. at Santa Fe High School, about 35 miles southeast of Houston, when gunfire first resounded through the halls, the opening volley of yet another massacre at an American high school that would leave students, teachers and staff members shocked, and in some cases bloodied. But they were not necessarily surprised.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/18/us/school-shooting-santa-fe-texas.html

@Anubis, in turn I'm curious to know why the, "Because we dgaf unless it serves our political diatribe?"

No diatribe here. 10 innocents lost their lives today. Another 10 were severely wounded.

Today my thoughts and prayers are with them and their families.

Last edited:
Back