• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Unamused Cat

Veteran Member
SamanthaAnnHouse-Baser.jpg

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=97901408

MOUNTAIN HOME, Ark. - An 18-year-old Norfork woman arrested on suspicion of kidnapping a Mountain Home toddler may have taken the boy as a means to start a relationship with an old boyfriend, an investigator said.

Police arrested Samantha Ann House-Baser in the kidnapping of 16-month-old Aiden Chase Mullin, who was taken from the Open Arms Learning Center on Monday morning. Mountain Home Police Department Criminal Investigator Nevin Barnes said officers arrested House-Baser after getting a tip from a man who saw her with the young boy.

After taking Aiden, House-Baser called a former boyfriend and told him she had his baby, according to Barnes. The detective said getting the former boyfriend's attention might be part of the motive for the abduction.

"I think she's got a troubled past and I think all that just came into play," Barnes told Mountain Home radio station KTLO. "I think she was trying to possibly get an old boyfriend back."

The boy's parents didn't know their son had been abducted until his mother went to Open Arms Learning Center to pick him up Monday afternoon. A woman, who told employees of the facility she was a family member, had taken the boy around 11:30 a.m. on the pretense of a family emergency.

Barnes says they don't know why Aiden was targeted by the suspect. He says police can find no relationship between her and the Mullin family.

House-Baser was being held Tuesday afternoon at the Baxter County jail on $500,000 bond.

http://www.pbcommercial.com/articles/2008/06/24/ap-state-ar/d91gklq00.txt

The child care center let this girl take the baby? Am I reading that correctly?
I had to show proof of ID and come up with a secret code word before I could even take my kids out of the middle school!!

The day care definitely uhhh...........GOOFED

But at least he was found quickly and safely and thank god she didn't attack a pregnant woman, kill her and cut an almost full term baby out of its mother, I mean compared to some things I have read recently this is pretty tame

The timing is kinda weird........16 month old child plus she would have had to be no more than say 3 monthes pregnant last time she saw the "dad" so we are talking almost 2 years have gone by and she is only 18 now. just weird to me,

Does the fact that it happened in Arkansas have anything to do with the stupidity of daycare workers?? Even here in the toolies we have to specify who can take your kid out of daycare and out of school.

If it's an emergency, they call the parent or other approved person and have them come pick them up. I doubt my daughter, son-in-law, their neighbor and myself will ever all be involved in the same accident. They'd probably turn the kids over to the sheriff (which they do if you are really late and don't call!!)

The day care most definately fucked this one up.

The school that I enrolled my daughter in for September makes you leave "mug shots" and info for all of the authorized family members who can pick the kid up. They also make you buzz into and out of the school.

And maybe I read this wrong..but did that dumb shit actually take a kid NOT RELATED to the ex in an attempt to get him back? She's wrong no matter whose kid she took, but taking one that doesn't even belong to the ex is just a whole new level of crazy.

The day care really fucked up on this one.
I thought they had procedures on someone other then a family member came to pick up a child?:smokin:

The day care most definately fucked this one up.

The school that I enrolled my daughter in for September makes you leave "mug shots" and info for all of the authorized family members who can pick the kid up. They also make you buzz into and out of the school.

And maybe I read this wrong..but did that dumb shit actually take a kid NOT RELATED to the ex in an attempt to get him back? She's wrong no matter whose kid she took, but taking one that doesn't even belong to the ex is just a whole new level of crazy.

I think she was trying to make the ex believe that it was THEIR baby so the dude would get back into her life. If, you know, I read that correctly.

This is why I stay at home with my kids...all the daycares around my area don't give two craps. If I had a daycare/school like you guys (mugshots are a great idea btw), I'd use it...but I have a feeling like this could happen to me.

I'd be all over that daycare with a law suit if I were that mom. Samantha Ann House-Baser basically walked out with a kid not related to her, by using the common pedophile phrase "family emergency". Didn't they think to ask for proof? Or even think to call the parents to make sure?

Latest posts

Back