• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A banned driver who killed two young brothers in a hit-and-run six days after being released from prison has been jailed for nine years.

Serial criminal Robert Brown was on licence after serving half of a six-month sentence for possession of an offensive weapon, and on a cocktail of drugs , when he mowed down Corey and Casper Platt-May, aged six and two, on February 22.

The boys were with their mother, Louise Platt-May, in MacDonald Road, Coventry, at about 2pm when a Ford Focus, driven by Brown, ploughed into them at more than 60mph in a 30mph zone.
SWNS_CHILD_KILLERS_013.jpg

The boys were taken to hospital with severe injuries, but Casper could not be revived and died a short time later.

Corey was taken into surgery, but also later died. Their mother was physically unhurt.
[....]
"I love my boys with all my heart, and they will never be forgotten."

"Every minute, I picture their faces on the road.

"The sound of the car hitting them.

"Their faces will stay with me for the rest of my life."
SWNS_CHILD_KILLERS_004.jpg

Corey (L) and Casper Platt-May

The grieving mother, saying her two surviving boys were still grappling with nightmares recalling what they also witnessed that day, said: "This monstrous act has destroyed me."

Judge Andrew Lockhart QC said: "No sentence that can be passed will ever be enough for the parents of Corey and Casper.

So that means you don't even try?

He is a pathetic waste of a human being, he needs to never be set loose on the unsuspecting public even again, but he will be in about 4.5 years. If not before.

From @Satanica 's link:
Brown - who has over 207 convictions
[..]
Warwick Crown Court heard Brown had been released on licence from a six-month sentence for possession of an 18in machete in a public place just six days before the fatal crash.

He had never passed a driving test or held a valid licence but had driven on public roads since he was a teenager..
In as little as 4 1/2 years this right here, this is what will be back on the streets terrorizing people..

What judge, in their right mind, wouldnt have given the max sentence? What prosocuter wouldn't have slapped every charge they could on him? He plead guilty to dangerous driving. Where's the hit and run charge? Or the driving without a license? Or while impaired? Why did they let him plea out?

207 convictions...think about that. The horrifying part is his actual number of charges will be far higher than his convictions. It's not often you are convicted of all charges, especially if you plea...

Back