• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sue sue

Take 6
Dodge death with a piece of plywood went through her will windshield.

A Florida motorist managed to escape unscathed after a sheet of plywood flew into her car windshield Friday afternoon, authorities said.
The incident occurred in the northbound lanes of I-95 near Rockledge.
Traffic investigators said a piece of plywood flew out of the bed of a 2006 Chevrolet pickup and sliced through the center of a car windshield, narrowly missing 35-year-old Rebecca Burgman of Melbourne.
Burgman suffered minor injuries, but refused treatment and was not taken to the hospital, officials said.
The driver of the pickup, 51-year-old Jaime Riveira of Haines City was cited for faulty equipment and failing to secure his load, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.

https://www.wfla.com/1522209967

It's a wonder more people are not hurt by accidents like this.

In the last month I've been follwing behind 2 trucks with loads that were not secured in any way.

The first one was a small pick up with a load of lumber, 2x4s it looked like and they were loaded sideways across the truck stacked against the back window. Absolutely nothing holding them there except gravity.

Just a couple days ago I was behind another one with a large roll of what looked like linoleum. The roll was laying crosswise of the bed and the passenger was holding on to it thru the window. HIs hand was the nly thing holding it on the back of the truck.

In both incidents I saw it and moved into the left lane to get out from behind them. People are idiots.

I used to run an autobody shop and we had a car come in that had been following a boat being towed on the highway, the prop fell off the boat, it went through her front window with enough force that it was stuck in her back seat, and stuck very good. BUT the scary part was her ear was nicked as it flew by her head... That is WAY to close to comfort for me... I'm pretty sure that girl needed a change of underwear

I was following a pickup truck that had a swing set balanced across the bed. I backed way off and waited for it. Wasn't disappointed. At least this happened on a street and not a highway.

When I was pregnant with my mini, I was in a horrible accident.

A GMC Yukon started spinning across the road at my truck. I was stopped next to a center median. The median had a sign on it. (Alerting oncoming traffic to the median.)

For some reason, my thought was "thank God this truck will hit the median and that will make it stop spinning." Whatever..

That truck hit the median and stopped spinning alright... it hit the median and went airborne before landing on my truck. My drivers window was open (it was May) and that median sign was sheared off and sent shooting through my headrest. It was imbedded in my headrest. It missed my face by mere inches. I literally did not even see it coming. It happened so fast.
Cops told me in the hospital just how lucky I am.
Didn't believe them til a week later when I went to clear out stuff from my totalled truck. Sure as shit.. median sign had impaled my headrest and was sticking out my window. And holy fuck, I was overcome with emotion. It literally missed my face by INCHES. I'm lucky to be alive.

This lady is gonna have nightmares... not to mention anxiety every time she is behind a vehicle with any kind of load. Fuck.
Glad it missed her

Back