• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Texas mother has been arrested after police allegedly found her belligerently drunk at an Applebee's while her two children were home alone.

Priscilla Marisol Flores, 34, was charged with two counts of child abandonment with intent to return and cited for public intoxication on Wednesday in Laredo.

Police say they were called to the restaurant at about 1am because of an intoxicated woman who was taking food from other people's plates and falling off a chair.

When they arrived they found Flores, incoherent and with bloodshot eyes, dancing on top of the bar, El Manana newspaper reported.

Flores allegedly cursed at the officers and tried hitting them when they told her to get down, according to the paper.

She was reportedly with a female companion who refused to take her home.

The officers offered to take her home and when they got to her house found Flores' two 12-year-old children asleep in separate bedrooms.

There was no adult in the home even though Flores had told police she left her children with her mother, police say.

She was taken into custody and the children were handed to their grandmother.

Flores was allegedly kicking the police car's windows and being violent while on her way to jail.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rrested-leaving-two-children-drunk-night.html
4B6CEE4F00000578-5644121-image-a-10_1524408107706.jpg

They are 12 years old. Why can't they stay home alone? My 10 year old is home alone quite often. I guess I should be glad to live in Utah where free range parenting is allowed.

They are 12 years old. Why can't they stay home alone? My 10 year old is home alone quite often. I guess I should be glad to live in Utah where free range parenting is allowed.

I was babysitting other people's kids for money starting at age 10, and most of my friends were doing so by 12. I find the "new" standards absurd.

Child abandonment is ridiculous. Charging her with being a sloppy drunk is more appropriate.

ETA at least she was still in town & hadn’t run off to, I dunno, Europe!

Last edited:
@Ripley

She probably told the cops that she could not be arrested because she had children at home. The cops would have been crucified if they did not go to the home and check on the children and something horrible happened to them. The cops had to verify that someone was with the children because the mom was being arrested.

You can not reprint an entire article but the last sentence does elude to the possibility that more is going on in the home.

An investigation into their living conditions has been opened.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rrested-leaving-two-children-drunk-night.html

Sloppy drunks are the worst.
Cops shoulda taken her and her friend into an industrial area for "The Breathalyzer".

Charging her with being a sloppy drunk is more appropriate.

Fucking Applebees...

Actually, the restaurant has an obligation to not over serve their patrons. That being said, I bet the MOD that night saw repercussions from corporate... Management/ server/ bartender is also to blame for allowing her to become so intoxicated to begin with.

She was reportedly with a female companion who refused to take her home.
And this "friend" shoulda got her girl home safe. WTF

Back