• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

HagarTheHorrible

Big 'Ol Pussy
For some reason, whenever I am typing a sentence for a post, there is often a prolonged time delay before it all appears. Each letter appears labouriously slowly and - at it's worst - can take up to 20 seconds after I've typed it before the entire sentence appears. This can greatly add to the hassle and time necessary for a long post.

Curiously, the problem seems to barely exist as I type this post, with my letters appearing as soon as I type them, or at worst no more than a second or so later.

But in other threads the problem can often be chronic.

I am a member of many different forums, but the problem only seems to manifest itself here. Signing out and then back in seemed to make no difference. So either it is a problem specific to this site, or a problem specific to my computer which nevertheless only really manifests itself on this site for some reason.

The problem seemed particularly bad in the Geoff Rooney thread, paedophile naval officer in Plymouth sentenced to 14 years. No idea why, but it does seem worse in some threads than others oftentimes.

This is a daily thing with me, HTH. I also have words and entire sentences disappear, sentences overlay over each other, or double print while I'm typing in addition to the cursor/typing lag. I'll have typed an entire sentence and it does exactly what you describe, lag for 15-20 sec. then print out like a teletype bullet.

In *MY* case, it also only happens here, but it's a user issue between my phone and the way it interfaces with/interprets/syncs up with Google Chrome for Android 'cuz I gots bugs in my system I can't clean. It's also worse during high traffic times (esp. 3:30pm-6pm U.S. CST from companies running daily back ups). Doesn't happen with three other browsers, but their issues with the site and/or plug ins are even worse.

NOT NOT NOT trying to interfere w/smart people & Admin. answers, but what browser and type of system are you using (pc, laptop, ipad, etc.)? Also, when did it start happening, and is it 24/7 now, or only during certain times? I'm tech-tarded but I can data mine like a pig rootin' for truffles and Dan @ Xenforo loves me cuz I'm his biggest fangirlLady, lol. Plus, it'll only take me 9 yrs. to find out what the smart people can tell you in 30 seconds. Bonus! :woot: :joyful: <3

Last edited:
Internet explorer has always been my browser. I know its a bit crap, and likely is the source of the problem. I do have Firefox - will have to try that sometime.

Internet explorer has always been my browser. I know its a bit crap, and likely is the source of the problem. I do have Firefox - will have to try that sometime.

For goodness sake, dear one, don't take my word for ANYthing internet or site related! I just responded b/c I can help you dig for fixes if necessary (if they exist, lol). Didn't mean to step on your post/problem & dead-end this. :( Please tag yourself an Admin.! ♡ :)

For goodness sake, dear one, don't take my word for ANYthing internet or site related! I just responded b/c I can help you dig for fixes if necessary (if they exist, lol). Didn't mean to step on your post/problem & dead-end this. :( Please tag yourself an Admin.! ♡ :)

It's ok @gatekeeper. Any member of staff with something useful to say is still free to show up here. Your contributions should make no difference to that. And like you, I am no techno whizz either.

Remember the days of our youth when those new fangled VCRs started appearing that we found so easy to set up and use.....yet our grandparents couldn't get their heads around them at all?

Well, sad but sorry fact, when it comes to the internet today, we are those grandparents and it's the young ones who take to it like a duck to water. :)

Last edited:
It's ok @gatekeeper. Any member of staff with something useful to say is still free to show up here. Your contributions should make no difference to that. And like you, I am no techno whizz either.

Remember the days of our youth when those new fangled VCRs started appearing that we found so easy to set up and use.....yet our grandparents couldn't get their heads around them at all?

Well, sad but sorry fact, when it comes to the internet today, we are those grandparents and it's the young ones who take to it like a duck to water. :)

Amen to that. And to think I was repartitioning my hard drive when Win98 was still MS DOS king. It's downright embarrassing. :facepalm: :oops: :dead: :joyful:

And to think at one point I was thinking seriously about teaching myself to read Basic, so glad I didn't, since it makes no difference now. That was way back when this 'putering stuff first started, well 1987, anyway! LOL

teaching myself to read Basic
C is more fun once you get past the notion of pointers. The hard part of programming, though, is decomposing the big problem into a mass of small problems then writing code to deal with all those small problems.

--Al

Happens to me on Chrome, too. It's not as laggy now as it once was, but there are days. I just kinda got used to it.

The issue is that the editor is java based. It can play havoc on phones, browsers or any system running low on memory. One way to avoid it is not using the Quick Reply box and clicking More Options to use the full editor. This has worked for some, but I have no idea as it has never happened to me.

C is more fun once you get past the notion of pointers. The hard part of programming, though, is decomposing the big problem into a mass of small problems then writing code to deal with all those small problems.

--Al

Whatever you say @Alf whatever you say!!! LOL

And that's another reason why I didn't, too complicated for me! LOL

Weird. Has anyone else been having major problems with the Lag Monster (slow posting/site accessibility) lately?

I'm always the first one to blame it on my own wonky, user-related stuff, my systems, my ISP, etc., and it's been storming its ass off, off and on for the last week and a half, but starting on Thursday (I think) of last week, it wasn't just the usual "lunch lag" (about 11:30am-2:30pm-sh CST). It's been a lot more frequent and for much longer periods of time.

Here's why I'm asking others - I have had a tad bit of lag here and there on several sites (about 30 secs. +/-) and, normally, if the site is down here or elsewhere, I always get a "time out/detail note" that says the site's offline, but I haven't even been getting those or the usual "waiting for dreamindemon.com to reply" messages at the bottom of my screen.

I called my ISP last week and again today to see if maybe something's been up with them (there were several hours early this a.m., too) b/c of the crazy weather, but they said my area's up w/no reports of outages, etc.

I'm not real savvy when it comes to how this stuff works, so I'm checking with others to see if I'm the only one who's issues are worse the past several days. (?) :shrug:

Last edited:
We have been under a brute force attack all day.

Thanks. I hope who/whatever's monkey-wrenching around with your TechoWorx gets bored. If you're forming a posse and need some muscle *flexes biceps*, count me in, lol. <3

I got an email during this last one from another member asking if I was having problems, too, so I knew then that it wasn't just me. Appreciate the feedback!

Back