• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Mata Hari

Dirty Gutter Bitch
Anyone else playing this?

I don't really understand it, but it is fun!

Some things I do not get are, how do you set up a Pokestop? How do you know where there are creatures? Like, I heard on the news about people going out because they see one and then when they get there it's gone. Where would you see them from your house?

"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." ~ 1 Corinthians 13:11

My son is playing, I don't think you can set up a pokestop. You have to find them. They are usually at monuments such as public libraries, statues etc....

@Mata Hari I'm addicted, I was prime age in 1998 when Pokemon Red/Blue came out so it's given me some good childhood nostalgia.

Finding them is still the most buggy part for me unless I go to my local CBD or a big shopping centre they can be hard to find.
If there are green leaves floating nearby pokemon are more likely to spawn in that area (but not always)
The bar in the bottom left corner shows pokemon nearby and a paw print either 3, 2, 1 or 0
0 feet = Spawn area 1 foot icon = 50m away 2 feet = 100m away 3 feet = 150m away

A glitch they I've been using if I open the app after the hour has past, like 4.00pm, 5.01pm etc I get a pokemon or two appearing right away in the room (or in the next room).

The pokestops are borrowed from another of the company's games Ingress which used Portals, anyone in a rural area/suburbs are a bit screwed over as there are lot less spots

Most pokestops are statues in or murals in parks/ cemetaries/churches/ university or schools/ government buildings like police stations/post office/pools. You only have to get within approx 40 meters to use them.

It’s the game that has Nintendo’s stock skyrocketing and devoted players wandering into Australian police stations, but Pokémon Go players might be less enthusiastic if they found out the price of admission.

Those who downloaded the game to an iPhone and chose to sign in via Google gave the game’s developer, a company called Niantic Labs, complete access to their Google accounts. Those who chose to sign in with a Pokémon “Trainer Club” account are not affected.

There’s no evidence that Niantic is playing “catch ’em all” with players’ personal info, but full access might make it possible. The setting grants a third party access to one’s search history, email contents, Google Photos, Google drive docs and much more, according to the search engine’s help site. The sign-in issue is mostly affecting iOS users, but a few Android owners have reported similar problems, according to Engadget.

To take permission away from Niantic, players can follow this link and adjust settings.

The company sent a statement to Engadget confirming the reports, saying that the “Pokémon Go account creation process on iOS erroneously requests full access permission for the user’s Google account.” Niantic says they only access basic profile information – user ID and email address – and doesn’t collect or access any other information.

Niantic says they are working to issue a fix, but players may want to be cautious in the meantime.
http://kdvr.com/2016/07/11/signed-i...gle-you-may-want-to-stop-playing-immediately/

I would link the above mentioned link BUT it links to my Google account settings and I'm a little leary... so for the settings link go to the news article I linked and it is there.

Missouri police have reported that armed robbers are using Pokémon Go to snare victims in isolated places.
Officers took four suspects into custody after receiving a 911 call around 2 a.m. local time Sunday morning. They later located a handgun, according to a statement from the O'Fallon police department.
"Using the geolocation feature of the 'Pokemon Go' app the robbers were able to anticipate the location and level of seclusion of unwitting victims," officials said.
"The way we believe it was used is you can add a beacon to a pokestop to lure more players. Apparently they were using the app to locate ppl standing around in the middle of a parking lot or whatever other location they were in," O'Fallon police posted on Facebook.
The game allows players to drop a Lure module in a real world location to attract high numbers of Pokémon for 30 minutes. The lure modules have reportedly also been used by business owners to bring people to their stores.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/11/tech/pokemon-go-crazy-events/

I have been stuck at home since Saturday as I threw out my back at work.
I'm out of pokeballs.
So evidently this isn't PokeStayAtHome.

But there's at least one place that would really like to keep Pokémon out: the Holocaust Museum.

The museum, along with many other landmarks, is a "PokéStop" within the game — a place where players can get free in-game items. There are three PokéStops associated with various parts of the museum.

"Playing the game is not appropriate in the museum, which is a memorial to the victims of Nazism," Andrew Hollinger, the museum's communications director, told The Post. "We are trying to find out if we can get the museum excluded from the game."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...o-visitors-please-stop-catching-pokemon-here/

At least one military base is warning service members against the dangers of wandering into unauthorized areas while chasing Pokemon.

"Since Pokemon Go hit last week there have been reports of serious injuries and accidents of people driving or walking while looking at the app and chasing after the virtual Pokemon," says the message posted this morning to the Joint Base Lewis McChord official Facebook page. "Do not chase Pokemon into controlled or restricted areas, office buildings, or homes on base."
http://www.military.com/daily-news/...into-restricted-areas.html?ESRC=todayinmil.sm

Last edited:
Playing the game is not appropriate in the museum, which is a memorial to the victims of Nazism,"

Do not chase Pokemon into controlled or restricted areas, office buildings, or homes on base."

It's sad that people need to be told this. I work for the Govt' and all the pokestops and gyms and stuff are outside buildings, same thing in my neighborhood so basically people are only going IN bldgs. to catch pokemon, you can wait to do that shit.

I thought this was dumb as I do with most games. Then my 10 year old forced me to play yesterday and we had a blast. It was nice having a reason to go play in the woods behind the house, even though the heat was smothering us.

I used to watch the anime over 20 years ago. It was admittedly very good, up to a point. I found it got very repetitive with Team Rocket's motto being unnecessarily repeated whenever they showed up to attack the heroes. Then Brock left, but his replacement was good. Although he did return when the next session came around, I eventually lost interest.

Back