• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Edwina Gein

Pinko Satanist Snowflake
I couldn't find a thread for podcast recommendations so I thought I'd start one

If you like true crime and crude humor, Last Podcast On The Left is my go-to. My personal favorite episodes are Aum Shinrikyo, Columbine, L Ron Hubbard, Norwegian Black Metal, and anything on the occult. If you like Mindhunter, maybe try out their Ed Kemper series?

For fiction I like Limetown and Welcome to Nightvale which are both series about mysterious small towns and what happens in them; that's where their similarities end. If you like the X-Files, try Limetown. If you like Twin Peaks, try Night Vale. But if you prefer something shorter and scarier there's Pseudopod full of horror stories read by a variety of quality voices

Last edited:
If you like the idea of anything I mentioned, there's links. Limetown and Night Vale are also on YouTube and I think every one of them is on iTunes
Why is it called a pod cast vs a YouTube video. In my mind, it's something like an old fashioned radio show only listened on modern devices.
I guess I have some googling and reading to do.
[doublepost=1516372797,1516372578][/doublepost]https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Podcast

So it's exactly like an old time radio show only the modern twist, you get to listen when ever your own schedule permits.

I just started listening to The Black Tapes, which is like a faux docudrama on the paranormal, and it describes podcasts as being on-demand radio programs online; it's a pretty good description

Some podcasts also broadcast on radio, like LPOTL

Back