• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Thanks to Just Rose for this odd story.

http://www.wmicentral.com/news/late...cle_44086eca-fdc9-5af3-bc03-fad51794a629.html
On Sunday, May 6, two men flying a 1943 TBN Avenger WWII torpedo bomber ejected from the plane over the Fort Apache Reservation and survived after their parachute chair landed in the forest, hanging up on tree limbs.

The men, who have not been identified, ages 54 and 59, were flying the aircraft from California to Chicago when the incident occurred. The pilots reported seeing smoke and flames coming from the engine, according to reports relayed by the White Mountain Apache Tribal Game and Fish rangers that responded to the call.

However, the men said that the plane somehow righted itself and continued flying. They did not see the plane crash, however, the direction of travel was east-northeast towards Loafer Bench and Mt. Baldy on the Ft. Apache Indian Reservation.

To date, the plane has not been located despite coordinated efforts by WMAT Game and Fish, DPS, Forestry and the Apache County Sheriff’s office. Due to concerns about the plane causing a forest fire, multi-agency resources were employed to try and find the aircraft.
[....]
they never found a crash site or any evidence of one. One of the parachutes was reportedly found in the location where one of the men landed after bailing out.

The men were “pretty banged up” according to WMAT Game and Fish Ranger Arvin Lavender, who was one of the first personnel to respond to the call. “One of them sustained a facial fracture in the fall from the tree where his parachute caught,” reported Acting Chief Ranger Wayne Amos. “The other one had a split on his leg, but both spent the night in the forest and were able to walk out to the highway the morning of May 7,” Amos added.

Both men were transported to Indian Health Services Hospital, treated and released where they arranged travel back to Chicago.

http://www.wmicentral.com/news/late...cle_361b62ae-3af6-5a8c-9c43-42ad2395365e.html
5afa4cbea4b08.image.jpg

[....]
Because the vintage war bird reportedly righted itself and kept going for an unknown time it could have gone down some distance before finally coming down.
While pilots of the airplane said it flew “like a truck,” it had a range of more than 1,000 miles.

It is the same plane former President George H. W. Bush was flying when shot down in the Pacific during WW II.

Both Candy Lupe with Bureau of Indian Affairs Fire Management and Tribal Game and Fish officials said Monday morning, May 14, that they had not heard that anyone had found the wreckage yet.

Just after the incident Lupe said a Game and Fish fire engine and crew went out to look for it, fearing it might start a wildfire when it came down, but they could find no sign of it.
[....]

It will be interesting to see where it went!

the Yei got it! but seriously, I think they wanted the pane and the insurance money so it was probably sold to someone then a fake crash

What suspicious minds you all have.

It was the first thing I thought of too.:cool:

There is some bullshittery going on.

This is a really big deal and no other news outlets have picked up the story.
Why all the hush hush?
Either this is fake news or arrests will be soon.

This is real. Its my local paper .
They suck on journalism.
OK down south Tuson / Phoenix a month before this
They were giving rides in a couple of old bombers .you pay lots of money
To get a ride in one
Many many story's don't get to other news outlets ..who gives a shit anymore ?

We have a Red Flag fire alert .the guys are saying flames were seen from the plane that's why they bailed
No fire No Plane
Planes like these do have certain equipment e in installed new
Still no one has found the plane
They just happened to land near a forest rd..?
Its a bullshit ...I don't doubt they jumped from a plane ..I doubt the plane cashed
I let you know more when our local paper gets more information
PS We have Showlow Airport plus our local armed force Air Guard
Still no plane ...
There's a small update but nothing really new No pics of the guys no more information ..

Back