• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Morbid

Rooster Illusion
Staff member
ADA, OK – Police have arrested a couple after they were so high on meth that they failed to get their severely burned infant medical attention.

According to reports, a 16-year-old girl was babysitting a two week old infant when she accidentally burned her.

While giving the infant a bath in the sink under running water, she accidentally turned off the cold water instead of the hot water.

The girl’s mother called the infant’s parents, 25-year-old Patric Eddy and 26-year-old Candace Mercedes, to inform them of what happened.

The couple arrived and took the child home, telling them they were too high on meth to take the child to the hospital right away.

The mother of the babysitter visited the couple’s home the following day to check on the baby and found the infant crying in the bed next to her sleeping parents.

The woman told police the baby was suffering from an “awful” burn on her abdomen and had a diaper full of urine and feces.

The woman woke up Matthews who agreed to let her take the baby to the hospital. Once there, doctors determined the infant was suffering first- and second-degree burns over 40 percent of her body and needed to be flown to a facility better equipped to treat her burns.

While all this was going on, Eddy and Matthews continued sleeping. They weren’t aware of their daughter’s condition, or that she’d been flown to a different medical facility, until police arrived at their home.

Eddy and Matthews were both arrested and charged with child neglect. They are currently in custody at Pontotoc County Justice Center on $250,000 bond.

This article was written by Morbid for The Dreamin Demon - the Internet's self-appointed buzzkill.

Continue reading...

I hate meth ... I hate these people for Meth, and their indifference and laziness and stupidity.
Rolling over and going back to bed while their child is being taken to hospital...they're going to hell for that for sure.

Maybe we should give the meth heads some credit for leaving their baby with a babysitter while they took drugs. Oh, right, the incompetent babysitter burned the baby. Everyone failed that baby. Even the woman who eventually got help waited over night.

Maybe we should give the meth heads some credit for leaving their baby with a babysitter while they took drugs. Oh, right, the incompetent babysitter burned the baby. Everyone failed that baby. Even the woman who eventually got help waited over night.

The 16-year-old babysitter told her mother about the accidental scalding, so she clearly felt bad about it, and her mother decided to check that the deadbeat parents had actually gone to the hospital with the baby and acted immediately when she learnt they had not. I know who I reserve my scorn for.

Did I read that the baby sitters mom called the couple to come get the baby and the parents told her they were too high to take the baby to the hospital? That is odd, don't think the babysitter did anything knowingly neglectful, was probably scared but did the best she could. Glad the bsitter's mom followed up, but something is off here.

Wait 2 WEEK old baby with a sitter? F that...

Parents of an infant who was reportedly burned over 40-percent of her body have been sentenced to prison after they failed to seek medical care for the baby.

Their 16-day-old baby girl, Mia’Kota Eddy, was severely burned while being bathed by a 16-year-old cousin on December 27, 2016.

“(The girl) stated the infant was in the sink under the running water, and she said she turned off what she thought was the hot water. However, she accidentally turned off the cold water and the infant was accidentally burned,” Ada Police Detective Brian Engel stated in an affidavit.

The teen girl told her mother, who then called the infant's parents, 25-year-old Patrick Edward Eddy and 26-year-old Candace Mercedes Matthews. Eddy and Matthews then picked up the child and took her home.

The next day, the family friend went to check on the baby, an affidavit states.

The woman walked into the home and found the baby crying.

“(The woman) stated on arrival she observed the infant to be in a bed crying, and she stated the infant’s diaper was full of urine and feces,” Engel said in the affidavit. “(The woman) stated (Eddy and Matthews) were asleep in a bed next to the infant. (The woman) stated she then observed the burn on the infant’s stomach, and she stated the injury looked ‘awful’. (The woman) stated she woke up (Matthews) and asked her if she wanted her to take the infant to the hospital.”

The woman took the baby to a local hospital, where she was then flown to an Oklahoma City hospital to be treated for her severe burns.

The infant suffered first- and second-degree burns over 40-percent of her body.

“If we hadn’t got her help, she could’ve laid there and died,” LaCretia McDow told News 4.

http://kfor.com/2017/11/16/couple-w...severe-burns-to-hospital-sentenced-to-prison/

ada-baby-burned.jpeg

eddymatthews.jpg

Back