• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A dog once deemed “unadoptable” has achieved an amazing first in Seattle.

Ghost, a pit bull mix, is the first deaf K9 officer in the state’s history.

Ghost had a rough start in life after being found homeless and deaf in Florida at three months of age. He had high energy and was indifferent to humans and needed extra help communicating.

Ghost was scheduled to be euthanized until Swamp Haven Humane got involved.

Workers found Olympic Peninsula Humane Society in Washington, which agreed to take him in.

Barb Davenport, with the Washington State Department of Corrections, found out about Ghost. She has been training narcotics search dogs for years. When she met Ghost, she said: “he was very focused and determined to locate his ball when thrown or hidden.”

Ghost is now two and a half years old and is certified a narcotics detection dog. He takes commands through hand signals and a vibration collar

He’ll live with his handler, permanently.
http://kfor.com/2018/03/08/dog-deem...story-as-first-deaf-k9-officer-in-washington/
ghost_deaf_k9_puppy.jpg.653x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg

A deaf pit-bull? That's asking for trouble. In case people don't know dalmatians are know for biting and that is because 30% or so of dalmatians are born deaf. Deaf dogs are easy to startle, especially when touched out of their of their field of view, and when a dog is startled they bit out of fear. Now add that birth defect to an animal designed to kill and just do a bit of logical reasoning.

The only good information in the article is its now a police dog and has a trained handler.

Yes.. Most dogs with white ears pink pigment in tbe ears are deaf..I laugh at peoples stupidity when they brag about having a white sharperd they say he is stubborn or was abused ...I try to tell them he might be hard of hearing ...they look st me like ..oh never thought about that ,many many animals that people like because of a New Fad of color usually means Throw Back
They never ever do research on why that color wasn't a favourite yrs ago ..
Dalmatian s are fine with more black then white a well bred Dalmatian has Black ears
Not white ...beware of any animal that have lots of pink pigment. On eyes & ears

Years ago before paints where a fadcolts born with two much white where killed and hidden from potential breeders
Thoroughbreds are just now allowing a bit of white on certain places
Thanks to DWayne Lucas famous tb trainer
His horse Turlinga had a Hugh white spot
Under her belly ..he also had quarter horses
She was built like a brick shit house
DNA and other ways to prove their get was not perfected plus he paid tons to have her reg as a tb She was a fucking Amazing filly
I was galloping at SA race track so I saw her on a daily basis
Anyway off topic
Stay away from white breeds with pink in ears and eyes ...

Latest posts

Back