• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/05/2...news%2Fnational+(Internal+-+US+Latest+-+Text)
1526827241027.jpg

[....]
North Ridgeville police officers received a call just before 5:30 a.m. Saturday from a man who said a pig was following him while he was walking home from the Amtrak train station in Elyria, located about 30 miles west of Cleveland. The caller added that he “didn’t know what to do," the department wrote in a Facebook post.

Police officers were skeptical to believe the man and thought he was intoxicated and walking home from the bar.

“Night shift responded to the obviously drunk guy walking home from the bar at 5:26 in the morning. He was at least drunk enough to call the police on himself while hallucinating,” the police department said.

But the officers’ theory was actually wrong. Not only was the man very sober and walking home from the train station (like he said), a pig was actually following him.

“Yes, a pig,” the department added.

One of the officers managed to get the pig into the police cruiser and take it to the city’s dog kennel — that doubled as a pig pen for a few hours.
By 8:23 a.m. Saturday, the pig was returned to its owner, whose identity was not revealed, police said.
[....]
The police department posted a photo of the pig in the police cruiser on Facebook, which received more than 21,000 reactions, 11,500 shares and more than 2,000 comments as of Sunday morning.

This PD has also been in the news for wrangling a kangaroo. :woot:
http://fox8.com/2015/11/27/north-ri...kangaroo-on-lorain-road-early-friday-morning/

10/10 would scritch that snout. <3

Weird, the story doesn't read like the pig was being any kind of aggressive, just that the man was perturbed that he was being followed.

Pigs and hogs can be very aggressive, I would have been concerned that it was going to take me down.

So one time, I was sent out on a call about 2 pigs. Pulling the livestock trailer, I found the pigs and tried to coax them into the trailer with some of my lunch. When that didn't work, I tried putting my noose style dog leash (hey, I'm a dog catcher not a pig catcher) around one of the pigs to try and lead it like a dog. Holy hell that thing started to scream and squeal. It scared me so bad.
Hearing the screaming, here come a little old lady in her 80s with a cane.
She turned the came upside down while telling me "I grew up on a hog farm" you gotta guide em where you want them with their snout. It was the craziest thing. She hooked one by the snout, faced it twords the ramp of the trailer and tapped it on the rump, it went right in with it's friend right behind it.
Yay old lady.

Yep, everybody learns something new everyday.

I steer clear of pigs, they omniverous and will eat anthing that they can catch. Including you.

So one time, I was sent out on a call about 2 pigs. Pulling the livestock trailer, I found the pigs and tried to coax them into the trailer with some of my lunch. When that didn't work, I tried putting my noose style dog leash (hey, I'm a dog catcher not a pig catcher) around one of the pigs to try and lead it like a dog. Holy hell that thing started to scream and squeal. It scared me so bad.
Hearing the screaming, here come a little old lady in her 80s with a cane.
She turned the came upside down while telling me "I grew up on a hog farm" you gotta guide em where you want them with their snout. It was the craziest thing. She hooked one by the snout, faced it twords the ramp of the trailer and tapped it on the rump, it went right in with it's friend right behind it.
Yay old lady.

LOL! I also found out the hard way that you can't "walk" a pig. When I lived in a more rural setting, a neighbor had one of those overgrown potbellied pigs named Ashley. She got out one day while he was at work and I thought I'd be nice and take her back home. Same thing happened when I put a rope on her and tried to pull. I just took my rope and went home.

Ashley was also a source of neighborhood drama. The neighborhood was only 3 streets, each about a qtr mile or less long, so we all knew each other at least in passing. The lady next door was an alcoholic whose husband drove a truck and was gone a lot. I guess she was lonely when she kidnapped Ashley and was keeping her hidden in her house. Ashley's owner had to have LE come out from town and convince that crazy bitch to give up the pig. At first she denied having Ashley, but you could hear the pig squealing. Finally, she relented and released the porker.

Life hasn't been nearly as interesting since I left there. Now, that area has been swallowed up by developers since it's right on Joe Poole Lake and even the roads we took to get there are changed. It may only be a matter of time before it's gone altogether. We haven't tried to drive in there in quite awhile now, so that may have already happened.

Back