• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.fox4news.com/news/dallas-animal-services-officer-arrested
[....]
Officer Eric Pogue, 53, was arrested Wednesday. The city said he had been under investigation for “failure to follow procedure” and “violence against an animal.”
A 4-week old kitten taken to Dallas Animal Services on April 25 never made it through the intake process.
V-DALLAS%20ANIMAL%20SERVICES%20ARREST_00.00.04.14_1526559620597.png_5516926_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

[....]
Pogue was holding the kitten when it appeared to bite him. The arrest affidavit says he slammed the kitten "violently to the floor, causing a loud horrifying sound."
[....]
According to the affidavit, there is surveillance video of the crime. An SPCA investigator who reviewed the video says after Pogue was bitten, he "threw himself on the floor and against the wall shaking his hand as if he was injured."

Eric Pogue's father, Melvin, said he does not believe his son would purposely harm a kitten. It's not that he threw it deliberately,” Melvin said. “He threw the kitten down because the kitten bit him. I think anybody would do that.”

The investigation has been developing for three weeks.
[....]
The kitten suffered severe head trauma and had to be euthanized. Pogue was placed on administrative leave while the SPCA of Texas investigated the case.

“Dallas Animal Services strives to provide quality service to all residents of Dallas and humane care for the approximately 32,000 animals that enter our facility each year. Cruelty of any type is not tolerated,” the city said.

Dallas Animal Services did not report the alleged cruelty incident for more than a week. Dallas Animal Services Director Ed Jamison said it was because there were some initial “reporting inaccuracies.” But once they figured out what happened, they immediately notified authorities.

Pogue is now charged with cruelty to non-livestock animals, which is a third-degree felony. He has since been released on bond. If convicted, he faces 2 to 10 years in prison.

How hard can a 4-week-old kitten bite? He's the pussy! Even if it did the worst most of us would do is drop it. Being startled and dropping it, maybe, but throwing it down hard enough to have severe head trauma is no accident. His daddy needs to STFU with that shit.

I was cat-sitting for my aunt when I was about 13 years old. He was a Siamese cat, full grown. He got out and I caught him. He raked those back claws across my stomach which made tic-tac-toe looking cuts and bit my hand clear through to the bone. Even though bleeding and in horrible pain I managed to get him back inside WITHOUT body slamming him. This guy sounds like he just likes hurting animals and used the "it bit me" excuse to do it. Poor lil kitty.

Back