• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Edwina Gein

Pinko Satanist Snowflake
Aka an anime for people who don't like anime

At just 4 episodes, Netflix's Castlevania is a prologue. Its story starts at Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, in which vampire hunter Trevor Belmont leads a team to kill Dracula and save Wallachia from being ravaged by his army, with elements from fan favorite game Symphony of the Night

It was adapted by Warren Ellis, creator of the comic Red as well as writer for the movie based on it and the Marvel Anime adaptations of Blade, Iron Man, Wolverine, and X-Men; the animation is beautiful and fluid, taking heavy inspiration from long time Castlevania character designer Ayami Kojima and classic anime like Akira, Berserk, Cowboy Bebop, and Ghost In The Shell. My personal complaint aside from its length is that it doesn't feature Castlevania's signature soundtrack and the music it does have is lacking

But it is a good start for bigger, better things and in my opinion is a must watch for fans of the series or just anyone who loves a good, gory action adventure anime

Last edited:
They're hard to play! But I love trying. Plus I've always been interested in vampires and monsters; Castlevania has a great bestiary, full of inspiration from a lot of different cultures

They're hard to play! But I love trying. Plus I've always been interested in vampires and monsters; Castlevania has a great bestiary, full of inspiration from a lot of different cultures
I played them a lot in high school and eventually beat them all. I don't think I could do that now or even if I practiced the next year, lol. But they are so fun and I always loved the graphics. I'm hoping this isn't a one off for Netflix and they develop more episodes.

I played Castlevania and it was the shit. I still have my Super Nintendo and my game. I’m so fucking old....

Back