• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.azfamily.com/story/37818...ead-inside-vehicle-in-superior?autostart=true
16406929_G.jpg

[....]
Sheriff's spokeswoman Navideh Forghani said that 20-year-old Brittany Velasquez was arrested and is being charged with two counts of murder.

At around 11:15 p.m., Pinal sheriff detectives were called to assist Superior Police Department at a home near Richard Avenue and Palo Verde Drive. That's when they found the bodies of a 2-year-old boy and a 10-month-old girl inside of a vehicle.

The victims were identified as Brooklyn Rose Miranda and Christopher Miranda.

According to Forghani, both children were found strapped in their car seats. Pinal County Sheriff deputies found the evidence on scene that indicated foul play.

The family of the two children told Arizona's Family that law enforcement and the Department of Child Safety had been called to the home on more than one occasion.

The grandmother told Arizona's Family that she feels that the system has failed her.

An autopsy is being conducted at this time, according to the Pinal County Sheriff's Office.

I was pretty sure when the manner of death was not mentioned that she had did something TO them for them to die. Let's hope she doesn't get away with this by claining insanity.

Evil Bitch!! LE should have dropped her in a hole somewhere and promptly forgot where it's at.

Just because you have a diagnosed mental illness, does not mean you are insane, by any stretch of the imagination.
This vile creature should die, a slow horrific death. Let, those that cannot have children, loose on her. Let them "show" her just how evil she is.

With the whole mental illness thing.. if they family thinks it's enough to mention why on earth would you allow her to be alone with the kids in the first place! I don't understand that.

With the whole mental illness thing.. if they family thinks it's enough to mention why on earth would you allow her to be alone with the kids in the first place! I don't understand that.
Ha! Good luck with custodial interference. All the rights are on the parent’s side until they “prove” to authorities they’re unfit. This should do it. :penguin:

Not sure if this will work....dont know how to put pics up anymore

But whats with all the bumps on lil boys forehead?

I get toddlers being toddlers and bangin themselves up...i have a little human now so i know all about it...but babe has NEVER had what looks like 3 bumps and or bruises at any given time anywhere on her body...and certainly never on her head.

Anyway...
https://scontent-mia3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=3debc7d43f837cfa14919e365c51cc89&oe=5B28084C
[doublepost=1522200570,1522200347][/doublepost]And damn....she may get by on the mental defense...scoping her FB it seems daddy of the babes died when the baby was just a month old if even!

this is my biggest issue when they whine the system failed t hem::: she shouldn't have been allowed to have kids if she was that mentally unstable. The relatives should have taken any kids bred if she was that mentally unstable, she should just be put to sleep because she is that mentally unstable
[doublepost=1522204959,1522204790][/doublepost]
20819589_1622448501120295_1628255203852704334_o.jpg

I thought both the babies had some type of head deformities from some other pictures of they were solid abnormally swollen in them

She went from being hot and bangable to an unimaginably ugly monster in a paragraph.
That is quite an accomplishment.

Get so tired of mental illness always being tossed out as a reason for this type of garbage.
I miss the good old days when murderers were murderers, treated as pariahs and locked away.
Now they start damage control on the killers image before charges are even laid.
It is insulting to millions of people dealing with genuine mental health issues daily.
They lead uneventful, criminal action free live, but junk like this pops up and just adds to the stigma.

It is wrong and so very unfair.

She was a murderous bitch.
Period.

Your kids come first no matter what and you do what it takes to give your kids a safe and happy life, if you can't or wont, then you need to reevaluate and get'em to someone that so the can. Everyone had options including the grandparents in this story.... Arizona has Grandparents rights, all hey had to do is file a case in family court.
[doublepost=1522213636,1522212591][/doublepost]
screenshot-2018-03-27-at-12.jpg

Dear God, please don't let be for more GoFundme money.....
[doublepost=1522215093][/doublepost]https://www.gofundme.com/infant-and-toddler-funeral-costs
28696272_15221945080_r.jpeg

This account was made by the "mother's" sister.

Baby Brooklyn and Baby Christopher tragically past away on Monday March 26 2018 due to negligence by their mother. Our family is now stricken with extreme grief and we would really love any support....

No child should ever go through what they went through, we would love to provide them with at least a proper burial.

https://www.gofundme.com/infant-and-toddler-funeral-costs

I wonder if the family knows the cause of death. Starvation? Left them alone??? Allowed someone to hurt them???
[doublepost=1522218345][/doublepost]

But whats with all the bumps on lil boys forehead?

I get toddlers being toddlers and bangin themselves up...i have a little human now so i know all about it...but babe has NEVER had what looks like 3 bumps and or bruises at any given time anywhere on her body...and certainly never on her head.

Anyway...
https://scontent-mia3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=3debc7d43f837cfa14919e365c51cc89&oe=5B28084C
[doublepost=1522200570,1522200347][/doublepost]And damn....she may get by on the mental defense...scoping her FB it seems daddy of the babes died when the baby was just a month old if even!

this link goes into even more detail about her life

https://heavy.com/news/2018/03/brit...r-arizona-mom-murder-children/comment-page-0/

(Removed quote with photo.)

That's not the same Brittany Velasquez. :oops: Please remove the photo.

Last edited:
Removed.

Charges: Mom shifted blame for deaths of children found in car seats

SUPERIOR, Ariz. — The mother of two small children found dead after being left strapped in car seats in a vehicle tried to blame their deaths on someone else who was supposed to be watching them, authorities said Wednesday.

A narrative of events released by the Pinal County sheriff's office says there is no proof for 20-year-old Brittany Velasquez's story that she dropped the children off with someone who was to care for them. That person's name is blacked out in the document.

Velasquez is being held on $2 million bond on suspicion of two counts of first-degree murder in the Monday deaths of her 2-year-old son and infant daughter in Superior, a hardscrabble mining town of about 2,900 people some 60 miles east of Phoenix.

Authorities say Velasquez was the last person to see her children alive, when she left them in a car outside a family home at about 9:30 a.m. Monday and went to work. The children were dead when Velasquez returned to the car nearly 14 hours later. They were still in the car seats and wearing the same clothes they had on in the morning.

A cause of death for the children has not been determined.

The National Weather Service says the temperature in the region reached 75 degrees on Monday. "It is NEVER safe to leave a toddler, disabled person or pet locked in a car," the National Weather Service says on its web page.

The advocacy group KidsAndCars.org estimates an average of 37 children die in hot cars each year in the United States.

"There was no proof that Brittany actually dropped the children off," the document said. "It is known that the kids spent several hours in the vehicle as there was condensation on the inside windows of the vehicle and the children were cold to the touch."

At her court appearance on Tuesday, the attorney representing Velasquez pointed out apparent inconsistencies in the police narrative, specifically around whose car the children were strapped into and whose car Brittany took to work - hers or her grandmother's.

The judge agreed "it is confusing," but "we know that the kids were fine in the morning and then they were dead at 11 o'clock at night, and they'd been in that car for some period of time."

The probable cause statement said Superior Police officers were called to the scene Monday night by Velasquez, who reported finding her two children unresponsive in a vehicle in front of the house. She told them the children were not breathing and blood was coming from their mouths.

They were pronounced dead at the scene.

... article continues

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/charges-mom-shifted-blame-for-deaths-of-children-found-in-car-seats/

Last edited:
@Satanica
An Arizona woman accused of killing her toddler son and infant daughter said Wednesday she feels "betrayed" by the children's babysitter, who she claims was watching them the day they died.

Brittany Velasquez, 20, contacted the FOX10 Phoenix newsroom from jail and denied murdering her two children.

"I haven't been showing too much emotion to everything that's going on, because I don't know how to feel. I'm just very hurt. My pride and joy were taken from me, and it makes me really mad," she said.

Velasquez also told FOX10 she felt betrayed by the babysitter, and that she had worked a 12-hour shift at a restaurant the day the two children were found dead.

"It makes me very mad," she said. "I feel betrayed. I really feel betrayed."

Authorities, however, said that she never left her children with a babysitter but instead left them in the car for the entire day, which led to their deaths. The two children were found “cold to the touch” in a vehicle, still strapped into their car seats, according to court documents filed last month.

The 20-year-old at one point also blamed the children's death on her grandparents, who denied knowing any arrangement about caring for the children.

In another point during the 10-minute phone conversation with FOX10, Velasquez said her daughter was "very, very happy," adding "there's not a moment I'd never seen her smile.

On the day Velasquez was charged, her brother described the 20-year-old to FOX10 as a woman who is "very manipulative."
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/04/1...itter-after-kids-found-dead-in-car-seats.html

Even her brother knows she's a manipulative liar. She's trying to blame everybody but herself, she made the decision to put those babies in the car seats and leave them in the car. Regardless of whether anyone let her down on the babysitting, she still made the decision to put them in danger.

Where the fuck is the third child mentioned in the RIP post? D=

I know that losing someone, especially your coparent is hard, but that does NOT excuse murdering two of your littles.

July 3, 2018

Autopsies on two small Arizona children left strapped in car seats for hours in a closed vehicle have determined the infant girl and her toddler brother died from exposure, and they suffered no trauma and had no drugs in their bodies. The children's 20-year-old mother, Brittany Velasquez, was arrested and charged in the deaths shortly after the bodies were discovered in the vehicle.

The reports by the Pinal County Medical Examiner's Office say the March 26 deaths of 2-year-old Lorenzo Velasquez and 9-month-old Brooklyn Velasquez in the isolated Arizona community of Superior were "consistent with exposure to the elements."

The reports signed by Medical Examiner Dr. John Hu were released late Monday in response to a records request by The Associated Press.

Authorities with the Pinal County Sheriff's Office have said Velasquez was the last person to see her children alive when she left them in a car outside a family home at about 9:30 a.m. on March 26 and went to work. The children were dead when Velasquez returned to the car nearly 14 hours later. They were still in the car seats and wearing the same clothes they had on in the morning.

The autopsies say sheriff's officials reported Velasquez left the baby in a parked car "for a prolonged period of time" at least two times in the past.

Velasquez in April pleaded not guilty to two counts of second-degree murder and child abuse charges in the deaths of her children.

The National Weather Service says the temperature in Phoenix's Valley of the Sun region reached 75 degrees on March 26. The autopsy report consulted with the private service Weather Underground, which gave a slightly lower high temperature reading for 71 degrees in the area that day.

"It is NEVER safe to leave a toddler, disabled person or pet locked in a car," National Weather Service says on its web page.

Velasquez initially had said someone else was supposed to be watching the children that day, but sheriff's officials said there was no evidence of that.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/britta...uez-brooklyn-velasquez-dead-exposure-hot-car/

I'm sure all of us have heard the phrase "shitting the bed", most of us just use it figuratively, but not Brittany,

... We were in rehab together for about a year, from 2013 to 2014 ... I’m devastated for those poor children but I’m not surprised. She was always a nutcase in my opinion ... The rumor from people on her dorm was that she wouldn’t get out of her bed, not even to go to the bathroom. Her dorm mates said she went number one and two in her bed because she refused to get out of bed ...

https://heavy.com/news/2018/03/brittany-velasquez-superior-arizona-mom-murder-children/

22829690_1694824077216070_7012705059612732925_o.jpg

Brittany "Shitting the bed has become a habit" Velasquez

Last edited:
That actually sounds like dope sick drug withdraw.
I would agree, but it also depends on when the bed messing happened: during the depths of drug withdrawal or beyond that stage.
Mental illness may be part of the mix, but most people in the throes of drug withdrawal and/or mental illness or both still don't leave their babies in a car for 14 hours and somehow try to blame grandparents.

I guess she figured blaming a mystery baby sister worked for Casey Anthony so it would work for her.

Brittany Velasquez has pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and child abuse.

Velasquez is scheduled to be sentenced Feb. 10.

She was arrested in March 2018 after her 2-year-old son and 10-month-old daughter died from being left in a vehicle for hours.

Autopsies showed the children died from exposure. Velasquez allegedly told her grandmother she was taking her children to a park.

Authorities say Velasquez reported finding the children unresponsive inside the vehicle the next day.

A Superior woman who pled guilty to second-degree murder and child abuse in the death of her two children has been sentenced to 20 years in prison.

Brittany Velasquez, 23, was arrested in March 2018 after her 2-year-old son and 9-month-old daughter died after being left in a vehicle for hours. Velasquez’s family has said in the past that Velasquez had mental health problems. She will be on probation for the rest of her life after she is released from prison.

According to Pinal County Superior Court records, Velasquez allegedly told her grandmother that she was taking her children to the park. She allegedly told officers that she dropped the kids off with their babysitter before going to work and returned home to find them unresponsive in her grandmother’s car. She accused someone else of bringing the kids back to the home and planting them in the car.

According to court records, the babysitter said Velasquez never dropped the kids off and did not make arrangements to drop the children off.

Back