• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Podargus

Reality Bites
2gxnxae.jpg

A 43-year-old man on LSD drove his car through a neighbors' fence, smashed their back glass sliding door and stole their dog because he thought the house was on fire,State Police spokesman Trooper Mark Cepiel said.

Michael Orchard of Halfmoon is charged with burglary and criminal mischief, both felonies, for the Thursday night incident on Inglewood Drive.

Orchard believed he was "rescuing the dog from the house," Cepiel said. Orchard told State Police he had used acid, Cepiel said.

Orchard was standing in the road holding the unharmed dog when troopers arrived and he peacefully handed the large white pup over, Cepiel said.

"Well, he's not a cat burglar," he said.

Orchard, a resident of the neighborhood, drove the car from his property, across yards and through the fence, Cepiel said. "At no time was he on the roadway," he said.

http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Cops-Drugged-driver-smashed-into-home-to-rescue-9971150.php

Orchard, a resident of the neighborhood, drove the car from his property, across yards and through the fence, Cepiel said. "At no time was he on the roadway," he said.

He's a neighbor. That's going to he very awkward during the holidays.
No cookies for that fruit cake.

Edit to add
In his defense, in his mind, it was really happening. He saved the dog so I kinda think he is a hero.

Edit again to say:
This should be in its not all sick and depraved.
[doublepost=1476586126,1476585244][/doublepost]:hilarious:now I feel bad for this guy.
You know what they say:

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

In his defense, in his mind, it was really happening. He saved the dog so I kinda think he is a hero.

Drug addicts are some of the most manipulative people out there, and who could blame em for trying when there's such naive, gullable dipshits out there who will actually believe their horseshit stories and excuseds.

Hopefully the courts aren't this dumb don't buy his bullshit.

Drug addicts are some of the most manipulative people out there, and who could blame em for trying when there's such naive, gullable dipshits out there who will actually believe their horseshit stories and excuseds.

LSD is not considered to be a drug of dependence.

I've heard (never ever wanted to try it) LSD induces the mind to see all sorts of things that aren't there.
The fact that his motive was to rescue and not bludgeon someone to death makes me feel he's a good person.

I've heard (never ever wanted to try it) LSD induces the mind to see all sorts of things that aren't there.
The fact that his motive was to rescue and not bludgeon someone to death makes me feel he's a good person.
LSD never made me see things in a realistic fashion. More like the occipital region of your brain working over time to create visual order. Complex fractal mandalas of ever-changing patterns and colors are typical, presented as a transparent overlay on reality. Those are called "patterns".

Another kind of effect is like spotting a cloud that looks like a ship. With acid, my brain would suggest more detail to that resemblance, but never once would it appear to be a realistic 3 dimensional ship.

I've heard (never ever wanted to try it) .
This is a case where execution negates the motive.. He damaged a lot of property playing good Samaritan. He could have yelled, asked neighbors for help, called 911. But in his stoned hysteria he destroyed property. I doubt his neighbors feel any sympathy while they repair fences and landscaping , and deal with insurance companies. They also worry if it will happen again.
He's lost credibility with the neighbors, if he had any.

This is a case where execution negates the motive.. He damaged a lot of property playing good Samaritan. He could have yelled, asked neighbors for help, called 911. But in his stoned hysteria he destroyed property. I doubt his neighbors feel any sympathy while they repair fences and landscaping , and deal with insurance companies. They also worry if it will happen again.
He's lost credibility with the neighbors, if he had any.
Mostly, my comments were in jest.
I'm not fond of drugs that make the mind so twisted that people see things that aren't there.
This could have gone in a totally different direction. I'm glad he didn't kill anyone and eat their faces off.

I'm saying, there was good in his heart to rescue that dog, even if the dog didn't need rescuing.
[doublepost=1476648927,1476648432][/doublepost]
LSD never made me see things in a realistic fashion. More like the occipital region of your brain working over time to create visual order. Complex fractal mandalas of ever-changing patterns and colors are typical, presented as a transparent overlay on reality. Those are called "patterns".

Another kind of effect is like spotting a cloud that looks like a ship. With acid, my brain would suggest more detail to that resemblance, but never once would it appear to be a realistic 3 dimensional ship.
I don't even need to waste my money on LSD. I saw this hand with claws just the other day.
I snapped this pic and then hid in the house before it got me.
20160922_192950_zpsud47dbrz.jpg

Mostly, my comments were in jest.
I'm not fond of drugs that make the mind so twisted that people see things that aren't there.
This could have gone in a totally different direction. I'm glad he didn't kill anyone and eat their faces off.

I'm saying, there was good in his heart to rescue that dog, even if the dog didn't need rescuing.
[doublepost=1476648927,1476648432][/doublepost]
I don't even need to waste my money on LSD. I saw this hand with claws just the other day.
I snapped this pic and then hid in the house before it got me.
20160922_192950_zpsud47dbrz.jpg
No, I would never have wanted to see THAT on acid. o_O

LSD is not considered to be a drug of dependence.

People can become addicted to anything. But let's go with "drug users are some of the most manipulative people out there" if it makes you feel better. It's factual as well.
[doublepost=1476664493,1476664319][/doublepost]

The fact that you believe that was his actual motive and he's not bullshitting makes me feel you're not.

Smarten up.

Terrifying how fucking stupid people are.

People can become addicted to anything. But let's go with "drug users are some of the most manipulative people out there" if it makes you feel better. It's factual as well.

I'm sure you'll want to clarify further.

I've heard a bit of what you've told here about your physical ailments. I'm sure you use a few different drugs.

:D

Acid. Bless his heart. Who has the 14 hours to spend tripping, let alone the two subsequent days it'll take to rest up and feel normal afterwards?

Glad those days are long behind me. Also glad that I at least had enough sense not to get behind the wheel of a car while tripping.

Once, I only dropped acid once. When I was 17. Senior year.

Scariest shit ever. I legitimately thought a train had burst through the middle of the living room. It was a very long train, I freaked the fuck out.

Needless to say, I never did it again. Nor do I want to.

Except acid...It takes time to form an addiction @JackBurton. Things need to suffer, fall

apart otherwise it's called Drug USE. And with acid you would be die before those thresholds

were smashed because ACID man.
Yup. The only/best way you could determine the veracity of that assessment is to drop it, and...good gravy, just take our word for it. No need to try that out for yourself if you've made it this far into old age without it.

Unfortunately there is almost zero real LSD out there these days..Just really fucked up research chems that NO ONE should ever touch! Stick to nature little trippies...

my acid trips were never straight up hallucinatory... i wouldn't see shit that wasn't really there but what was there, especially the walls, was just kinda wavy at the edges lol. and i'd come up with beautiful metaphors for stuff. i haven't tripped on anything since i got strung out on heroin, and that was in 1999. one of my worst nightmares has been tripping while dopesick. thank god i've been done w the h for about 10 years. but if i ever do trip balls again though, i'ma make sure i have weed on me, that i don't drink (too much) alcohol, and that i have my cat eye glasses and 'no pictures plz' shirt on.

Its been 46 yrs since I did any
To this day I can still recall the trips
Amazing shit ...I haven't a clue what it was
Window pane I think very small clear like cellophane ..
I1 good trip 2 not good
After 17 teen didn't touch the shit again
But it was a trip ...the fear factor as we( I) get older I don't think I could handle it at all
No way

Back