• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
From the desk of Sugar Cookie.

It wasn't the four banderillas sticking out of the bull or the blood pouring down his legs. It was the bull fighter, Morante de la Puebla , "wiping the bull's tears" that got everyone panties in a twist. In the eyes of the Spanish audience for whom this is a beloved part of their culture, it was a sign of respect. For others, it was insensitive and cruel and there have been renewed calls to end the practice of bull fighting. I see what Sr. Puebla did as showmanship; nothing more and nothing less.

Not all that long ago, slavery and lynchings were part of the American south's culture and look how difficult that was to expunge. I think it's high time for Spain and other countries with abominable practices to shed the less desirable aspects of their culture. Attitudes towards animals are gradually changing and various cultures need to change with them.

You see stills and video at the link.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rs-bloodied-bull-handkerchief-killing-it.html

I went to a bullfight in Spain as a teenager. I thought it would just be the guy in the fancy outfit and the cape interacting with the bull by stepping aside as the bull charged him. It wasn't. It was horrifying. The bull is tortured and then ultimately killed. It is brutal, cruel and unfair in my opinion, and I am in no way an animal rights activist. I was traumatized by seeing it. I think it should be banned.

I have no interest in witnessing something so upsetting.

I'd watch this all day long.

ok that would be cool to see!
Post automatically merged:

I went in Mexico City, they don’t kill the bull in the ring
Do they not?
I did not know this.

The matadoorknob is a cock.
I truly hate this type of entertainment.
I wish people would stop supporting it

Last edited:
I went in Mexico City, they don’t kill the bull in the ring
Maybe not in Mexico city. Then what the hell is this from 2017 in Mihoacan?!

If I can find it, I could post where international bullfighting sensation Pablo Hermoso de Mendoza kills a bull with a lance from horseback to the cheers of the crowd. It's been a while since I've seen it.

Here, even the horse bites the bull to wild cheers. You can see the horse pulling at the bulls hide. At the end, Hermoso is triumphantly brandishing the bulls ears.

Youtube is packed with videos like this.

I have no interest in witnessing something so upsetting.
I'd watch this all day long.
Then DO NOT view the clips I just mentioned. But please do watch this example of great au naturel horsemanship.

This is France. Apparently, it was a costume feature of a horse show, but the rider had nothing. So either as a joke, or defiance (I've read different versions) he competed nude with just a snaffle. Great job!!

Yes, Mexico and Spain handle bullfights quite differently.
Portugal bullfighting is far more interesting. The suicide squad guys who jump the bull.

Last edited:
Wow, he is an amazing rider. To be that smooth with no stirrups for balance is quite impressive.
Pablo Hermoso de Mendova, The matador I mentioned above, is also a great rider. We may not like the profession, but he is a good equestrian. A man who can kill a bull from horseback and keep his extemely valuable horse safe is still a good rider.

Back