• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lon...fter-staff-mistook-body-for-fox-a3824926.html
The body of a 47-year-old man was allegedly run over by up to 300 Piccadilly line trains after Tube workers mistook it for a fox.

It is believed the body of the man, from Maidstone, remained on the tracks in a tunnel between Holborn and Russell Square for around 14 hours before police identified it as human.
[....]
A service stopped in the tunnel around 11.30am on December 28 last year after a trip switch was activated, according to the Sun.

A manager went to investigate but believed he had spotted nothing but the remains of a fox on tracks, a source told the newspaper.

The source said the manager had advised controllers at Earl’s Court that the carcass was that of an animal.

“No foxes have been found killed or otherwise seen in the centre of the Piccadilly Line tunnels for over 15 years”, the source said.

But British Transport Police were called at 1.42am the next day and identified the body as human.

CCTV later revealed a person had been filmed entering the tunnel at Holborn, the Sun reported.
[....]
A BTP spokesman said: "We were called at 1.42am on December 29 to reports that a body had been found in the tunnel between Holborn and Russell Square stations.

"A 47-year-old man from Maidstone was declared dead at the scene.

"The death was not believed to be suspicious and so a file was prepared for the coroner."

A TfL spokesman told the Standard: “Our thoughts are with the family and friends of the man who was found in the tunnel between Holborn and Russell Square stations on December 29 2017.

“We are unable to comment further at this time pending the conclusion of the coroner’s inquest.”

Well damn. There couldn't have been much left, except whatever might have been thrown clear of the tracks on initial impact.

A manager went to investigate but believed he had spotted nothing but the remains of a fox on tracks, a source told the newspaper.

They must have some huge ass foxes in Britain. Like Donnie Darko bunny rabbit sized, for the guy to mistake a human for a fox.

They must have some huge ass foxes in Britain. Like Donnie Darko bunny rabbit sized, for the guy to mistake a human for a fox.

Yeah ... I wondered about this too.

The source said the manager had advised controllers at Earl’s Court that the carcass was that of an animal.

I wonder if this guy is going to keep his job ... this doesn't sound like a small mistake.

Just shows how an initial train impact turns one into ground meat that no one can really ID.
Don't intentionally get under train wheels unless you are determined to become minced meat scraped up by innocent total strangers who had nothing to do with your personal disaster.
Miserable situation for the tyvek clad cleanup crew and the fellow who only saw a piece of a corpse on CCTV and thought it was a squashed varmint.

Last edited:
I hate saying this, but all I could picture was a train reversing over and over again, to run the body over and make sure it was dead. :(

Back