• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
JULY 11--As patrons awaited the start of the latest blood-soaked “Purge” movie, a dispute over a reserved seat ended with a Texas man plunging a knife six inches into the abdomen of a fellow moviegoer, police report.

According to investigators, Bryan Morrison, 40, sought to sit in a series of reserved seats at a Friday night showing of “The First Purge” at a theater in Sherman, a city near the Texas-Oklahoma line.

After being shooed away from several reserved spots in theater #10, Morrison sat down in a seat that had been reserved by Terry Honore, who was accompanied by his wife Anna at the Cinemark Sherman.

When the Honores arrived and found Morrison, seen at right, and an unknown woman sitting in their seats, a “verbal altercation” ensued, according to a criminal complaint. Morrison and his companion eventually decamped to new seats.

But when Morrison subsequently walked past the Honores and declared, “I should be able to sit where I want,” the dispute flared. Morrison, cops allege, asked Honore “something to the effect of, ‘Do you want some?’” As the men proceeded to exchange punches, Morrison allegedly stabbed Honore in the stomach.

Morrison fled the theater after plunging the knife into Honore, who was transported to a local hospital for treatment (and is expected to make a full recovery). Morrison was arrested Tuesday and charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, a felony carrying a maximum 20-year prison term.

Locked up in lieu of $25,000 bond, Morrison is a convicted felon whose rap sheet includes multiple assault convictions.

“The First Purge,” the fourth installment of the horror franchise, is a prequel that details the origins of the annual consequence-free holiday during which Americans are allowed to commit any and all crimes during a prescribed 12-hour period. The film, which opened July 4, has, to date, grossed nearly $50 million worldwide.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/patron-stabbed-at-purge-screening-194065

He went there looking for a fight and then this dummy obliged him. I'm glad he going to get better but sometimes it's wise to just let crazy keep walking.

http://www.kxii.com/content/news/Man-stabs-man-over-seats--487938131.html
cinemark+stabbing.JPG

Police said the suspect just didn't want to sit in his own seat at the Cinemark Sherman Friday.

He kept sitting in reserved spots and being told to move, but the situation escalated and he ended up stabbing another man in the stomach.

Tammie Owens took her four and eight-year-old grandchildren to see Jurassic world Friday night.

But when they got to the theater, she noticed the large police presence.

"Then we saw the patient rolled out could tell there was bandages," she said. "We asked calmly what happened. They just said it was a medical emergency."

"At 7:22 p.m. we had an officer working," said Sherman Police Sgt. Brett Mullen. "He was approached, saying someone had been stabbed."

Mullen said Bryan Morrison simply wouldn't sit in his reserved seat.

After moving from seat to seat, he finally sat down in Terry Honore's reserved spot--and Honore asked him to move.

A complaint states Morrison moved but walked past Honore and his wife--commenting, "I should be able to sit where I want."

Honore asked if there was a problem.

"That led to a physical fight and the suspect stabbed the victim in the abdomen," Mullen said.

Morrison ran off.
[....]
"It's ironic the stabbing occurred given the nature of the film," Mullen said.

Police found Morrison walking down the street next to his house on Cleveland and Mulberry Tuesday night.

He was arrested for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. Owens says she won't be taking her grandkids to a movie anytime soon.

Honore suffered a stab wound six inches deep but is expected to be okay.

Morrison is in jail on a $25,000 bond.
[....]

Oh, crap, I forgot to look and made a duplicate post. Geeze, off to report myself. :shy:

I think Mr. Morrison was getting into The Purge a little too enthusiastically. He should've been removed from the premises before he got to the stabbing part.

Moron who can't comprehend modern developments and rules in our society. Hope he gets a long prison term.

This happening at a Purge movie IS ironic.

Moron who can't comprehend modern developments and rules in our society. Hope he gets a long prison term.
Jail society is going to eat him alive. Hope he doesn’t take the wrong seat there, or tells another inmate he can do what he wants. He will though because he thinks he’s a badass. Will wait for the update.

Reserved seats are dumb

This movie is dumb

Anyone who would see it is dumb

Anyone who would engage in a an altercation instead of merely getting management to resolve it or ignoring it completely is dumb.

Cage for life is the punishment suitable

"It's ironic the stabbing occurred given the nature of the film," Mullen said.
No, it not "ironic", you fucking moron. In fact, its the fucking opposite of irony, its earnest and, dare I say, poetic?

Back