• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Morbid

Rooster Illusion
Staff member
CHARLESTON, SC
– A 37-year-old man recently released from prison has been accused of kidnapping and raping a 4-year-old girl after beating and raping the girl’s mother.

On February 13, Brittany Todd was returning home with her 4-year-old daughter after taking two other children to school. What she didn’t know was that she was being watched.

Thomas Lawton Evans Jr., out of prison for only two weeks, had picked her at random and had followed her home.

Evans beat and raped Todd before tying her up and leaving the home with her daughter, Hiedi.

Police did not find the woman until later that evening after her kids’ school called to report she never came to pick up her children. Todd was taken to the hospital suffering from a brain bleed and facial fractures.

The following day, Evans and the girl were discovered in Riverside, Alabama after railroad workers found them both sleeping in a car in the woods near a railroad track.

When police arrived to investigate, Evans handed Hiedi to a police officer and then sped off. The girl was taken to the hospital where it was determined she had been sexually assaulted.

Evans would be apprehended in Mississippi and taken into custody later that evening.

As you can imagine, he is facing a slew of charges including attempted murder, kidnapping, child sexual abuse, transporting a child to engage in sexual activity, armed robbery, and first-degree criminal sexual conduct.

Evans is looking at life in prison if convicted, which means he will go back to where he belongs. It’s surprising he was even out, honestly, as he has been in and out of prison for the last two decades.

Evans’ past offenses include sexually assaulting a 15-year-old girl in 2000 when he was 19 for which he served no time nor did he have to register as a sex offender.

In 2002 he was convicted of strong-armed robbery after he grabbed a woman in Charleston and tried stealing her purse. He was only sentenced to two years probation.

In 2009 Evans was sentenced to 10 years in prison after he broke into a gas station and stole beer, cigarettes and lottery tickets. An hour later he robbed a second gas station, this time at gunpoint.

As for Brittany and Hiedi, they have both been released from the hospital and are back home. Hiedi’s father released the following statement:

“Thank you to the entire community for the support and love that continues to help my family heal. Several days ago, the world felt like it was falling apart when we were attacked and Heidi was taken. I am grateful to report my wife’s release from the hospital following several surgeries and that we are all together again. Our road to recovery will not be easy after these traumatic experiences, but the prayers and love we have felt these days have been humbling and we greatly appreciate the respect for privacy we asked for and have received.”

But there’s more to the story. The vehicle Evans used in the abduction was traced back to Sharon Hayden, 39, of Spartanburg County, South Carolina. Police say Evans had been driving the car for two days before attacking Todd.

Police went to Hayden’s home but no one answered. According to Hayden’s mother, her daughter is missing.

“I really didn’t feel that she would be involved in what he did,” her mother said. “I’m just worried about where she is and what he might have did with her since she’s been missing.”

Police are asking the public to contact them if they had any contact with Evans in the few days before Feb. 13th. Anyone with information on Hayden’s whereabouts is asked to call CrimeStoppers at 1-888-CRIMESC.

This article was written by Morbid for The Dreamin Demon - the Internet's self-appointed buzzkill.

Continue reading...

He killed one woman for sure.

This is why it's wrong to not give seemingly petty/small time criminals outrageously long prison sentences. It is easy to spot a scumbag, and society has no place for them. He should have been put in a cage for life after several of those earlier crimes.

this is the kind of person that takes up space and breath, I don't think that one woman is going to turn up alive, I just hope she is found soon for closure for her family

@Satanica @CbabyRKO

19 September 2018

A man who pleaded guilty on Tuesday in federal court to kidnapping a four-year-old girl from her home and sexually assaulting her also told investigators he killed his girlfriend days earlier, prosecutors said.

Thomas Lawton Evans, 37, pleaded guilty on Tuesday to kidnapping, transportation of a minor to engage in sexual activity and aggravated sexual abuse in federal court in Charleston, South Carolina.

He faces 30 years to life in prison at sentencing.

A twist came in court when prosecutors said Evans acknowledged killing his 39-year-old girlfriend, Sharon Nannette Hayden, days before the kidnapping.

Evans told FBI agents he stabbed Hayden in a fight in her Spartanburg County home, prosecutors said.

Evans said he chased his girlfriend as she ran into the woods where she collapsed and he thinks she died, according to prosecutors.

Her body has never been recovered and Evans hasn't been charged in her death.

Prosecutors said Evans chose his next victims at random, following a mother and her four-year-old daughter back to their home near Charleston on February 13 and beating the mother so severely she had to be hospitalized for facial fractures.

The attack was not discovered until police checked on the mother after her other children weren't picked up from school, prosecutors said.

Evans, meanwhile, drove west with the girl. Railroad workers called police after finding them sleeping in a car in Riverside, Alabama, and Evans handed an officer the girl then sped off, according to authorities.

He was arrested later after a police chase in Mississippi, authorities said.

Evans still faces several state charges, including attempted murder, for the attack on the mother and daughter.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ed-guilty-kidnapping-sexual-abuse-girl-4.html

Thomas Lawton Evans, 37, pleaded guilty on Tuesday to kidnapping, transportation of a minor to engage in sexual activity and aggravated sexual abuse in federal court in Charleston, South Carolina.

He faces 30 years to life in prison at sentencing.
30 years to life???? Fuck that. He could be out by the time he's 67 still young enough to rape and kill some more.

A twist came in court when prosecutors said Evans acknowledged killing his 39-year-old girlfriend, Sharon Nannette Hayden, days before the kidnapping.
. Her body has never been recovered and Evans hasn't been charged in her death.
Why not? Didn't her life mean anything?

Judicial fail.

30 years to life???? Fuck that. He could be out by the time he's 67 still young enough to rape and kill some more.

Judicial fail.
I think they need to find her first. If there's an open missing persons case, they now know where to take a cadaver dog. This will be a separate charge, perhaps held in reserve in case it looks like he'll get an early release.

Could also be he hopes to use her location as a bargaining chip.

Snuff him out.
He is an insult to humanity.
Let there be no societal protections for those who wish to ignore society's rules and accepted behaviours.
Why should scum like this be housed, fed, clothed and get medical care?

I feel no moral obligation to care for or protect the likes of this, this thing.
Execution by torture on PPV with proceeds going to his surviving victims.

Judicial fail.
because I have been repeatedly amazed at SC with domestic murder cases or murder cases of women in particular but will say almost every murder case from there have never seen them really give the perp the justice they deserve. I thought they had thedealth penalty but not seen it used including in some of the most horrendous cases I have ever heard like the carjacking kidnapping torture rape murders of that one young couple

A South Carolina judge sentenced a man who kidnapped and sexually abused a 4-year-old girl after attacking her mother to life in prison, slamming him as a “sorry excuse for a human.”

Life as in the rest of his natural life
Or the bullshit 20 years life?
Post automatically merged:

Thomas Lawton Evans Jr., 38, was sentenced to three consecutive life terms in federal prison after pleading guilty to kidnapping and assaulting a 4-year-old girl. (Charleston County Sheriff’s Office)
A South Carolina judge

Life as in the rest of his natural life
Or the bullshit 20 years life?

If I read it correctly, a person sentenced to life first becomes eligible for parole after serving 20 years. If this guy does everything by the book and is a complete model prisoner and is granted parole at first opportunity, he'll spend at least 60 years behind bars. Since he's 38 now, the earliest he'll get out is age 98. I think he'll be dead before then.

Latest posts

Back