• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Victoria

Intrepid Sojourner
Bold Member!
love-park-jeff-fusco-940x540.jpg

Love Park - Philadelphia

Happy Valentines Day Demon's!
mini-graphics-hearts-263310.gif
Care to share how you met the one who fans your flames?

I met the man who still fans mine at the library where I worked behind the counter. I guess one could say that I checked out more than just his books. It was the way his butt looked in his blue jeans when he turned and walked away that first captured my attention and has kept it lo these many years.

Last edited:
I met my sweetie 27 years ago, in college.

We worked at the same restaurant/bar and became great friends. After about six months, I was leaving to work at another place and my last night there, went out with "the gang" after our shifts ended. He told me then that since he wouldn't being seeing me at work any more, he'd have to ask me out because he was completely in love with me and not seeing me every day was not an option.

So, I of COURSE said "Hell yes!" (because I was secretly crushing on him for months) and we were engaged within the year. :)

After school, I took a job in another city but he was still in school. Our lives seemed to be on different paths, so we broke off the engagement after a year or so of long-distance.

I got married a couple of years later, had an amazing daughter and sporadically kept in touch with my old flame via Christmas Cards, My Space (lol) and other innocuous means.

Not long after my ex husband and I separated ten years ago, I got an email from my former love, saying he was making a bike trip up the Appalachian Trail, passing through our city, and would we like to meet up for dinner?

I told him about our separation, but invited him to drop by the house and have dinner with kiddo and me. He did, coming by early, and spent the day going on a hike through the woods with us, followed by playing badminton in the back yard with every daggum kid in the neighborhood. :hilarious:

He left after dinner, and we kept in touch almost daily.

When my soon to be ex told me he was taking a job in another state, we made the decision to move here together, for our daughter. It was several states away from where we were living, and even further away from my former, now rekindled, love. But, it was best for my daughter to have both her parents close by.

A month after we moved, I got a call from my former love, saying he was moving here. He had already gotten an apartment, and a month after that call, he moved here! :jawdrop:

A year later, we moved in together, and then, twenty years after he first proposed, we were married. <3

The End.

Was at Ricks College (now BYU-Idaho) in Rexburg, ID. I had just got out of the shower and was getting ready when my room mate, Mike, came in and told me there was a cute blonde in the living room who needed a ride. This was during winter break. I thought it was a friend of mine, Ruth, who used me for my car and used her to date. Anyway, I finish getting dressed and go out to the living room and see this cute blonde (Kirsten) that I've never seen before. I was a little shocked. She looked at me quite shocked also.

Mike had been outside shoveling our landlords driveway and he saw this cute friend of his walking by carrying a large box. He asked what she was doing and she said one of her friends was not able to come back to school because of some medical issues so she was taking this box down to the UPS place to ship it to them. Mike said, "My room mate, Neil, can give you a ride." Unbeknownst to her, there were two Neil's in the apartment. I had moved in just a few weeks earlier. She knew, and had dated the other Neil at one point. So here we are, both thinking of someone else when we meet.

Well, I gave her a ride and she shipped the box. Dropper her off back at her apartment so she could study. She was a complete nerd and had stayed in town over the holiday break so she could read all her text books so she would be prepared for the semester.

A couple house later she brings over some nice fresh cookies as a thank you. She, Mike and I sat around visiting. A little later, another room mate, Gary comes home with his fiance, Susan, in tow. We all talk for a while. Gary and Susan talk about their upcoming wedding and Kirsten mentions that she is engaged also. She and Boyd will be getting married in a little over a year. He was in Seattle working on a project. She had gone up there over the Thanksgiving holiday to be with him. I then mention that I am also engaged. Doreen and I are set to be married in June. She was out of country on a humanitarian project. I had spent Thanksgiving break with her family and her mom and I had finalized a lot of our wedding plans.

Well, Mike, Kirsten and I spent about 18 of the first 24 hours since K and I had met together. I instantly had a new cool friend. She and I spent some time together hanging out. She convinced me to drop a math class to take Social Dance with her. There were more girls than guys in the class and the teacher had asked all the girls to try to get another guy to sign up.

Fast forward 6 weeks. It's valentines day. I love her, she has expressed love for me. We're both engaged already. She and I go out for dinner. Afterwards, we came back to her apartment. One of her room mates had just answered the phone right before we walk in. Her room mate looks at her and whispers, "It's Boyd". She took the phone and started talking very nervously to him. After a couple minutes she says "yes" and then hey hang up. Her room mates start peppering her with questions. She tells them that he could tell something was up. When he asked her if it was over was when she replied yes.

Two days later, I nervously ask her to marry me. She said "Yes. Someday." She had a lot of plans that she wanted to do before getting married. I was 26 and she was just 18. I start adding up the plans and figure that "someday" was about 5 years away. I enlisted some friends (including her room mates) to help me and that "someday" became 6 months. In August we will celebrate our 28th anniversary.

Dating:
5-31-2009_016.JPG

Marriage
wedding-cake.jpg

cool stories guys hope you are having good valentines. il not participate in the thread any further though due to recent events lol

I murdered my husband’s girlfriend and after my voodoo ritual didn’t work, made it look like a horrible accident.

Then stalked him until he noticed me at a restaurant one day....he was smitten right away and then it was true love ever after!! <3<3<3

I murdered my husband’s girlfriend and after my voodoo ritual didn’t work, made it look like a horrible accident.

Then stalked him until he noticed me at a restaurant one day....he was smitten right away and then it was true love ever after!! <3<3<3
Sounds like a woman with priorities, I respect that!!

My now-ex was the first mature man I dated, not a dork like previous boyfriends, running away from emotional intimacy. He liked me & let me know. It was such a refreshing change after all the little boy games. Too bad it didn’t last, but I got my kids out of it.

Back