• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sue sue

Take 6
I find this so ironic we’re talking about a university where the Ohio National Guard open fired on protesting students in 1970 students died none of the students were armed.
The student had every right to pose with a gun in her post graduation photos. It is kind of sad that people don’t understand their own history of their own University.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_State_shootings

https://www.google.com/amp/fox8.com...uate-carrying-ar-10-on-campus-goes-viral/amp/

The post was retweeted more than 1800 times and had more than 2700 comments. There was a mix of support and opposition to Bennett's post.

According to its website, the university has rules against students, faculty, and staff carrying any "deadly weapons."

Eric Mansfield, university spokesperson, told Fox 8 News that once Bennett graduated she was "no longer restricted under the policy as a student."

He also said that all guns are banned at Dix Stadium and that Bennett notified the university of her intent to have the photos taken. Mansfield said they were taken Sunday, the day after graduation.

Dizzy bitch has no respect for the history there.
That face could stop a sundial though.
Fugly.

She should walk around with her gun all the time.
Everywhere.
I am sure nothing horrible would ever come of it.
:popcorn:

well it's and fine if you are holding the assault rifle but I sure as hell wouldn't trust or feel comfortable with some bubble headed blonde I didn't know holding one, or many I do know. This whole scam she pulled reeks of privilege at a point in time where black young men are getting gunned down in their own back yard holding cell phones or in their own cars with legal carry permits, will get her pic up as soon as internet is working better. I do know the history f Kent State and remember it as a kid. They were unarmed kids and the NG so are you saying that woulda made her safer? Woulda true patriot shot back? how would that have worked out?
Personally, if I were there I would have probably managed if i thought I could have, to ambushed her rew her gun then beat the crap outta her for scaring people as I kinda was like that at that age [but I was good at making someone hit me first]. I want to add I believe in guns but school isn't the place and now isn't the time unless everyone knows and trusts that you aren't gonna kill them for no reason.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2018/05/16/kent-state-rifle-graduation-photos/616449002/
636620868906541840-Bennett.JPG

thre's a reason they show her from behind first

32569512_1847433925322975_7304095398749011968_o.jpg

A woman's photos celebrating her recent graduation from Kent State University have stirred up a social media uproar thanks to the unusual accessory she chose for the occasion — a high-powered, semi-automatic rifle.

Kaitlin Bennett, 22, wanted to make a statement after graduating so she shared pictures of herself on campus with an AR-10 slung over her shoulder and holding a graduation cap emblazoned with the words "come and take it."

"Now that I graduated from @KentState, I can finally arm myself on campus," Bennett, who earned a degree in biology, tweeted Sunday. "I should have been able to do so as a student — especially since 4 unarmed students were shot and killed by the government on this campus."

Bennett was referring to the infamous 1970 incident at the university in which Ohio Nation Guardsmen opened fire on student protesters, killing four and wounding nine. She was also voicing a wide-held belief that the Second Amendment was intended as means for Americans to defend themselves against the government.

Bennett, who earned a degree in biology, is a gun rights activist and, according to her Twitter bio, a founder of the Kent State chapter of the libertarian group "Liberty Hangout." In addition to opposing gun control measures and advocating for a right to carry on campus, a recent post on the group's philosophy argues that "taxation is theft" and, "voting is violence and democracy is the oppression of those who dwell within the minority opinion."

Last edited:
Back