• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.newser.com/story/259579/rattlesnake-falls-out-of-tree-bites-kayaker.html
[....]
Fire and rescue officials in Colleton County say the 28-year-old was hospitalized in critical condition Saturday after the snake fell out of a tree on the Edisto River and bit him twice on the hand, WCSC reports. Colleton County Fire Chief Barry McRoy says the man's friends managed to capture the snake. After they reached a boat landing, the man—who "was in bad shape, and greatly deteriorated" during an ambulance ride—was rushed to a local hospital, McRoy says.

The Colleton Medical Center had anti-venom ready in the emergency room to treat the man, McRoy says. But in what the fire chief describes as a worrying sign, the man was flown by helicopter to the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston on Sunday, the Statereports.

McRoy says this is the first rattlesnake attack recorded in the county so far this year

My ex thought iit funny to back the boat up into bushes to watch me freak out because I thought a snake might fall out of the trees above us into the boat. (Not so unlikely is it?) But the time a fish jumped into the boat and he almost shit his pants, was priceless.:p

Down here it's water moccasins you have to watch for. Have even had them try to get in the canoe. :nailbiting: Of course, that was after we had been fucking with them. :woot: Venomous snakes definitely hang out in trees and bushes near the water.

http://www.wyff4.com/article/cousin...m-anderson-was-bitten-by-rattlesnake/20870380
The cousin of an Anderson man who was bitten by a rattlesnake while kayaking on the Edisto River on Saturday has given a clearer description of what happened.

Colleton County Fire and Rescue officials had initially said Michael Adams, 28, of Anderson was bitten when the rattlesnake fell out of a tree. Adams' cousin, Kyle Colquitt, later told Charleston station WCIV that Adams had actually grabbed the snake out of the river.

Colquitt told WCIV that Adams paddled over to what he thought was an alligator in the river. He said when Adams realized it was a snake, he reached down and picked up the snake, not knowing it was venomous. He said the small rattler bit Adams three times on his hands.
[....]
WCIV reported that Adams kept the snake in his possession so that doctors could identify the particular antivenin he needed.

Adams was taken to Colleton Medical Center.

"His condition greatly deteriorated en route to the hospital," CCFR officials said."The hospital treated him in the ED and transferred him to the ICU."
Adams was then transported by helicopter to MUSC the following morning.

On Tuesday the family said he was released from intensive care, but there are concerns about possible nerve damage from the snake bite.
If all goes as planned, Adams is expected to return home Wednesday or Thursday.

Adams had actually grabbed the snake out of the river.

Well, Dumbass, you get absolutely no sympathy from me for doing something so assinine.

Let me just grab this random unidentified snake with my bare hands. What could possibly go wrong? :YOW:

I am glad the snake was not IN the tree after all, because that would be some freaky, almost biblical shit.

Back