• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

EchaSez

Hope is the thing with feathers.
A hero NYPD K-9 unit pooch was injured on the job when he fell through a ceiling while sniffing out weapons during a search warrant execution, police said Saturday.

The brave German Shepherd was sniffing out guns in an attic during a Friday night raid on Seabring St. in Red Hook when the ceiling gave way underneath him, cops said.

dog13n-1-web.jpg

NYPD K-9 Timoshenko was injured on the job when he fell through a building ceiling while sniffing out weapons during a search warrant.
(NYPD SPECIAL OPS)

dog13n-3-web.jpg

The guns Timoshenko helped cops find in the Red Hook, Brooklyn, building.
(NYPD SPECIAL OPS)

“Timoshenko recovered these guns but also fell through a ceiling,” Chief Harry Wedin, the commanding officer of NYPD Special Operations, tweeted with a picture of the handgun, six rifles and two shotguns recovered.

Agron Haskaj, 61, who lives in the home, was arrested for weapons possession

...Timoshenko, who has a special knack for sniffing out firearms, is named after 23-year-old Staten Island Detective Russel Timoshenko, who was killed in the line of duty

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...nit-recovering-fall-ceiling-article-1.3406380

Seems like an interesting guy, couldnt find a pic of him but a google search turned this story up quickly...

http://gothamist.com/2015/07/06/vintage_trailer_red_hook_roof.php

"The Brooklyn Paper notes that RX Construction Inc. owns the building, "but mortgage documents show the owner is Haskaj—a principal with Trion Construction company. Both companies are roofing contractors." So at least he knows what he's doing up there."

Guess he hadnt had the chance to overhaul the roof of that new place.

Wonder why the raid. Guy doesnt seem like the type out gunning folks down on the street or robbing convenience stores. Perhaps he was selling them illegally? He reportedly was arrested solely on the weapons charge, and if they brought a dog for the purpose of searching for em, it appears that was the sole reason for the raid/police interest in the man.

New York does have some of the most restrictive and absurd gun laws in the country. One could own weapons illegally and still not be that bad of a guy. I could even understand why someone would seek them out thru illegal means given the difficulties the govt places on even decent members of society.

Hope the K 9 gets better ..
I love Az gun laws I pack ..
If they change the gun law here . I would not like to think about the outcome. Nope just that there will be lots of blood shed

Back