• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/i...ed_with_second-degree.html#incart_river_index
john-david-cogginsjpg-26f23c3af2bdbce3.jpg

[....]
Investigators said the Gallant man is accused of raping a 14-year-old girl at a home on Smith Chapel Road in Boaz.

Coggins was arrested after a family member of the victim alerted sheriff's officials. He is charged with second-degree rape. Under Alabama law, a person commits the crime of second-degree rape if, being 16 years old or older, he or she engages in sexual intercourse with a member of the opposite sex less than 16 and more than 12 years old. The person being charged must be at least two years older than the member of the opposite sex.

Also, a person commits second-degree rape if he or she engages in sexual intercourse with a member of the opposite sex who is incapable of consent by reason of being mentally defective. It is a Class B felony.

Coggins remains in the Etowah County Detention Center on $50,000 bond. As a condition of the bond, Coggins is not allowed to have any contact with a minor under the age of 18 years old.

hell, down there that's probably just gonna be turned into a courting ritual, that is a year or so above years old to get married still in alot of places in the US, just found that out recently thought it had been changed over the years but nope,still needs to be put into law

I like how the bulk of the article is just explaining how the fucked up laws of Alabama work. I think down there you can screw a 12yr old as long as you promise you'll get married.

Also, a person commits second-degree rape if he or she engages in sexual intercourse with a member of the opposite sex who is incapable of consent by reason of being mentally defective. It is a Class B felony.
What if they fuck someone of the same sex? No penalty?

FFS. They're children. The age of consent is sixteen for a goddamn reason. -_-

It ain't rape if you love each other.
Legally she can’t consent so yes, it is rape.

We have consent laws because we recognize how vulnerable young teens can be to the manipulation of adults. If she marries her RAPIST then we doom her to his brainwashing and she doesn’t get to establish her own identity.

Back