• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Update: The neurosurgeon is performing several more tests on me before officially deciding to do surgery. I've been told that if it isn't growing or impinging on something I may get away with no surgery and have other treatment options.

The emotional impact all of this experience has made is staggering. I have definitely begun to reevaluate many aspects of my life. I stay grateful for each breath.

Much love and light to you. <3

So, what can I say?
Most of you don't know me well, and what those do know of me is limited to my snarky attitude. I have been open in this forum about my mental health issues, my profession, and the fact that I'm a mother. I don't like to share much about my very personal life because I know the type of people this site can attract, and I don't like giving people ammunition.

Let's just lay it on the line tonight.

I'm a 32 year old nurse with severe PTSD from physical abuse I endured during childhood and my marriage of four years. I have two amazing children. I live in Louisiana, and survived hurricane Katrina. I lived in poverty for many years before I became a nurse. I am presently in a relationship with a female to male transgender.
I am closest to @Nell , @Forensicwx , @DamagedGoods ,@PsychoKitty ,and @Athena here. I don't think @Morbid has ever particularly liked me, nor has given much of a fuck about my existence here. That is fine by me. I still staunchly support this site, and encourage the rest of you to do so.

Now for the meat and potatoes...

You might be asking yourself "Why is this broad writing a diatribe about herself and her existence here? "

Simple answer: I'm going to have brain surgery.

Whoa. It scares the fuck out of me just saying it.

The back story here is that I've been suffering from severe migraines and tremors for years. I hid it very well, for some time only close family and friends knew. This past year though, they've become uncontrollable. I finally broke down and saw a neurologist. Subsequently, I had an MRI of my brain done.

Well hell, of course they found some shit.

They found a very large cyst on my pineal gland. A cyst large enough to potentially spontaneously kill me at any moment. A cyst that warrants the attention of a neurosurgeon and an endocrinologist.

I'm sure some of you are jumping with joy at the thought of my spontaneous death. Heh, I don't blame you.

So there it is. I'm going to have brain surgery. I needed you all to know. Whether you want to just chat or criticize, I understand. I've been here many years. This place contains parts of me that feel like family. Thank you for that.

If I disappear again, @Nell is your best bet at knowing any pertinent info. She always is....
This place is strictly opinion based and that does not reflect on how people feel about you as a person. I’m very snarky too and new here so I may not be well liked but with all that said, I am glad you are getting medical attention and hope they will solve the problems you are experiencing. You have a child, a partner, and a life to live for! Good luck!

Last edited:
@Macabre

You and I have had our differences. We most likely will never be friends, but still wouldn't wish spontaneous death upon you.

Glad to see things are maybe not as bad as they initially seemed.

Stay strong.

Update: The neurosurgeon is performing several more tests on me before officially deciding to do surgery. I've been told that if it isn't growing or impinging on something I may get away with no surgery and have other treatment options.

The emotional impact all of this experience has made is staggering. I have definitely begun to reevaluate many aspects of my life. I stay grateful for each breath.
That's great news ..
Please, keep us posted .. <3

hope yr doing well and had happy holidays still w everything going on. good luck dollface!

Back