• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Abroad

Veteran Member
An 86-year-old man who offered a lift to a man who had broken into his Perth home said he "felt sorry" for the would-be thief.

Harry Turner had returned to his house after forgetting to take a newspaper to a visit to his local pub.

Mr Turner, who has lived in the house for 17 years, said he had not locked his door after leaving for the pub because "there's never anybody about here".

When he returned he said he "knew something wrong" as the back door was wide open.

Mr Turner said: "I looked up the corridor to the bedroom and there was a young man standing by my bed in the top drawer of the bedside cabinet with several of my Masonic cases open.

"It happened so quickly I didn't know what I was doing really, I just asked him what he was doing here, what does he want?"

Mr Turner said the man reassured him he had not stolen anything and "looked a bit bewildered himself."

After walking the man out of the house Mr Turner asked if he could help and the man asked if he could have a lift.

Mr Turner said: "I said where do you want to go and he said North Muirton.

"So I went back to lock up and when I'd come back he'd gone."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-43921050

The Masonic Ghost of North Muirton!
They say he portends great pub stories when he appears.
He does however swap underpants with the main host during his visitations.
Check your knickers drawer Mr Turner, you may find something amiss.

Back