• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
sports-illustrated-layoffs-comp-4.jpg

It is a dark day for sports journalism.

The Arena Group alerted all Sports Illustrated staffers on Friday that their positions were being eliminated.

Richard Deitsch, a sports media reporter who left Sports Illustrated for the Athletic, posted on X the email that all employees received.

“Some employees will be terminated immediately, and paid in lieu of the applicable notice period under the [union contract],” the notice read. “Employees with a last working day of today will be contacted by the People team soon. Other employees will be expected to work through the end of the notice period, and will receive additional information shortly.”

The decision comes after the Authentic Brands Group, the licensing group that bought Sports Illustrated for $110 million from Meredith five years ago, terminated the agreement it holds with The Arena Group to publish the magazine in print and digital, per Front Office Sports.

The Sports Illustrated Union said it was calling upon Authentic to “ensure the continued publication of SI” in a statement following the announcement.

Full Story:
Post automatically merged:

????????????
sw051823_kimcv2.jpg

You stretched right past the Martha Stewart cover and the business details for that titty of a ditty title, didn't you?

Turd's Titles:

Atlantic Iceburgs Embrace Woke-ism,
Titanic Canceled, No Fucks Given

Hindenburg Drops From Sky,
Catastrophe Caused by DEI

Lefties Whining There Was No Trigger Warning
Caught Off-Guard When WWII Started This Morning

Cowboy Dead, Advertised Marlboros,
Let's Find a Way, to Blame George Soros

Outrage Over George Washington Election Fraud
Opposition Missing from Ballots, George's Ties to Mossad

Last edited:
pretty sure boomers are the only people who buy magazines
I want to, but they're not at checkout stands anymore to tempt me.
It used to be that people were quietly content to wait in grocery lines, they could catch up on the latest Elvis sighting, but now?
Fights. Impatience. Terror.
This is a solid theory I think.
Post automatically merged:

Budweiser's about to go the same way.

I've been curious as to how everything with Budweiser would go since last April with Dylan's cans and the boycott, so I took a look....

It's kind of faint but the top graph of the stock price is over 5 years and the bottom is over one year.
This isn't directly correlated with sales of Bud Light so it only gives us one view.
1000010303.jpg

But it did take a dip this week @cubby, maybe in response to the Planet Fitness brouhaha.
It started to really climb in November, maybe everybody started seeing those Clysedale Christmas commercials and forgot all about that fuss?

Last edited:
Back