• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/b...enced-prison-embezzlement-fraud-20180710.html
A former QVC executive was sentenced Tuesday to 30 months in federal prison for defrauding the West Chester-based shopping network out of more than $1 million — money he spent to maintain a luxurious lifestyle that included high-end clothing, stays in five-star hotels, and Botox treatments.

James D. Falkowski, 43, former marketing director for QVC, also was ordered to repay his former employer more than $830,000.
dixon-604310-e-wp-content-uploads-2018-07-762732_6b5d1eb0bc370c2.jpg

[....]
Falkowski, marketing director from 2008 until he was fired in 2013, falsified reimbursement invoices and received kickbacks from private vendors to maintain his opulent habits and personal expenses.
[....]
Falkowski, of Buffalo, N.Y., was indicted in June 2017 and pleaded guilty in March to 11 counts of wire fraud and one count of conspiracy.

Defense attorney Catherine Henry cited Falkowski’s lack of prior criminal history and health problems, including severely deteriorating vision and a history of drug abuse, for which he has received treatment and which Henry argued contributed to his misjudgment at QVC.
[....]
Falkowski blamed his actions on his drug habit.

“I came to QVC as a drug addict. I never acknowledged the fact that that was a problem,” he calmly told the judge. “I broke the trust of not just the company… but the team that I really loved working with.”

Henry said Falkowski has changed so much since his time at QVC that “it’s very hard to reconcile the person he was to the person he is now.” In New York, he is the primary caregiver for his parents, who are in their 80s, and sells gourmet dog food and treats, his lawyer told the judge.

Baylson recommended that Falkowski enter a 12-month drug treatment program while in prison. The judge also allowed Falkowski to delay his surrender until Sept. 14 so he can undergo eye surgery. Falkowski has had several eye surgeries after being diagnosed with Fuchs’ dystrophy, a genetic disorder of the cornea that has left him legally blind in one eye, his attorney said.
[....]
In 2008, he moved to Philadelphia to work for the shopping network to “grow and enhance QVC’s brand image in the entertainment and fashion industries,” according to court documents. At the time of his firing, he was paid $238,800 a year.

Falkowski recruited two companies — the Steinberg Group, a Los Angeles public relations firm; and SPEC Entertainment, a New York City production company — to take on QVC as a client. Falkowski was a silent partner in both firms.

He admitted to hiding his embezzlement through falsified billing and expense invoices regarding his work with the two companies, such as a luxury car service, a personal vacation to the Turks and Caicos Islands, airfare, and hotel stays.

QVC filed a civil suit over the fraud in 2015. Two years later, he was charged criminally.

Jennifer Reno, QVC’s global risk manager, testified that Falkowski’s embezzlement drastically changed the culture of the company, leading to new policies such as employees being discouraged from accepting gifts and not being allowed to accept gifts worth more than $50.

It’s a marked change from a company that once operated in a “backyard barbecue” atmosphere, she said.

“It was your family,” Reno testified. “It’s an important part of our culture that we were open and collaborative.”

I worked with someone who is legally blind, and he is the shiftiest mf ever. The company he's with now is actively trying to steal my employer's customers and our dealership with a key vendor. He went on a sales call with me when he worked here and lied to the customer's face right in front of me.

Sure he really loved working at QVC, they fueled his lifestyle in every way. It kills me when people are ordered to pay back vast amounts of money! I know restitution is the right thing but they will never see the money because with a record like that, what kind of job will he get to be able to even knock a dent in $830k? So he basically will serve jail time and get away with stealing all that money. And QVC will get a payment plan of $10 dollars a month because he’s going on disability after jail due to his health. Fucking douchebag

Last edited:
If i was blind id be an unscrupulous shifty fuck too. Gotta do what you can to survive, especially if life has already put you at poor odds.

Anyways, disgusting someone can steal this much and only get that nonsense for a punishment. If he was young, poor, and robbed a bank of a couple grand hed be doing triple or quadruple the time. Disgusting.

This shithead belongs in a cage

Back