• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Yeah, sorry about that. I found the thread and just kinda skimmed, thought it was already here so didn't post it. I heard a breif blip on the radio about, got to work and read it and just lost my shit. I was so freaking upset I could hardly see straight and just needed to spew everything that was raging in me.

JFC, I barely got through those disgusting letters... my reaction can only be summed up in photo form:

w5ugh.jpg

HARRISBURG, Pa. — For nearly a year, the young man whose claims of abuse triggered the molestation investigation into Jerry Sandusky was known publicly as "Victim 1."

On Friday, Aaron Fisher put aside anonymity to speak by name about his ordeal, saying he had contemplated suicide because authorities took so long to prosecute the former Penn State assistant football coach.

"Victim means people feel sympathy for you, I don't want that," Fisher said in an interview with on ABC's "20/20." "I would rather be somebody that did something good."

Fisher first reported the abuse in 2008, but he said the Pennsylvania attorney general's office told him it needed more victims before Sandusky would be charged. Sandusky was not arrested until last November.

The delay, Fisher said, made him increasingly desperate.

"I thought maybe it would be easier to take myself out of the equation," he told ABC. "Let somebody else deal with it."

Fisher, now 18, testified as Victim 1 at Sandusky's trial. He, his mother and his psychologist have co-written a forthcoming book about his ordeal. Sandusky was convicted in June of abusing Fisher and nine other boys, and was sentenced to 30 to 60 years in prison.

Fisher told jurors that Sandusky approached him through a summer camp for youth sponsored by The Second Mile, a charity for at-risk youth the former coach had founded.

Physical contact began with a hand on his leg in the car, Fisher said, and he began spending nights at the Sandusky home in State College, about 30 miles from his own home in Lock Haven, when he was 11 years old. Kissing and back rubbing during those overnight visits progressed to oral sex. He said he tried to distance himself from Sandusky, to no avail.

Fisher was 15 when he and his mother eventually reported the abuse to the school principal, who responded that "Jerry has a heart of gold and that he wouldn't do those type of things," Fisher told ABC, repeating his trial testimony.

"They tell me to go home and think about it," his mother, Dawn Daniels, told ABC.

School officials reported Sandusky to Clinton County Children and Youth Services, which began an investigation and brought in state police.

The Associated Press typically does not name sexual abuse victims, unless they identify themselves publicly, as Fisher has done.

Sandusky defense lawyer Joe Amendola, at a legal seminar in Wilmington, Del., said Fisher and other victims were motivated by money, a claim he has repeatedly made.

"These accusers could have financial motives, and they could have been abused," Amendola said. "They're not mutually exclusive."

On Thursday, Amendola filed a 31-page document in the case that is the first step in Sandusky's effort to overturn his conviction, contending there wasn't enough evidence against him and the trial wasn't fair. The post-sentencing motions attacked rulings by the judge, the closing argument by the prosecution and the speed by which he went from arrest to trial.

Sandusky, 68, wants the charges tossed out "and/or" a new trial, saying the statute of limitations had run out for many of the 45 counts for which he was convicted in June. Currently in a county jail near State College, he is awaiting transfer to the state prison system to begin serving a 30- to 60-year sentence.

Fisher and seven other young men testified against him in June, describing a range of abuse they said included fondling and oral and anal sex when they were boys.

The abuse scandal rocked Penn State, bringing down longtime coach Joe Paterno and the university's president and leading the NCAA, college sports' governing body, to levy unprecedented sanctions against the university's football program.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/19/aaron-fisher-sandusky-victim_n_1985833.html?utm_hp_ref=crime

abc_gma_sandusky_121019_704x396.jpg

Poor kid; he's only 18 now and he's putting his face out there as a victim of abuse instead of hiding himself away like so many others would have done in his situation. I can't fucking believe that the school told his mom to "reconsider her story"; a report of abuse should have been investigated immediately whether the school believed it or not.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/19/aaron-fisher-sandusky-victim_n_1985833.html?utm_hp_ref=crime

abc_gma_sandusky_121019_704x396.jpg

Poor kid; he's only 18 now and he's putting his face out there as a victim of abuse instead of hiding himself away like so many others would have done in his situation. I can't fucking believe that the school told his mom to "reconsider her story"; a report of abuse should have been investigated immediately whether the school believed it or not.

I think him putting his name and face out there is amazing. Victims of sexual assault aren't the ones who should feel ashamed. The more people brave enough to put themselves out there like this, the closer society comes to realizing that fact as a whole.

Poor Jerry ;)
A lawyer for former Penn State assistant Jerry Sandusky said Friday his client has gotten his fighting spirit back after his child abuse conviction and sentencing and hopes prison officials will find a way to house him under less restrictive conditions than he currently experiences.

Karl Rominger said after spending several hours with Sandusky at Greene State Prison in southwestern Pennsylvania on Friday that Sandusky's outlook has improved since he was sentenced two months ago to decades behind bars
[...]

Rominger said Sandusky, 68, rates as a Level 2 inmate on a five-level security classification but is being kept under much more severe Level 5 conditions. He said Sandusky is alone in his cell for 23 hours a day during the week and around the clock on weekends.

Rominger said Sandusky has been allowed two phone calls a month, while other Level 5 prisoners get only one. Sandusky also has been issued a television, which Rominger said would not be the case for a typical Level 5 prisoner.

He said he planned to write to the prison's warden.

"We're not completely devoid of common sense," Rominger said. "We understand the prison system is trying to balance their concerns about physical safety. We are just looking for middle ground."
[...]

"It's a tough life, Level 5," Rominger said. "And I know some people in the public will say, 'Who cares?' But the answer is, I thought we believe in equality in America. And while he's a convicted sex offender in Pennsylvania, he would like to be treated like every other convicted sex offender."

Sandusky believes he would be safe in the prison's general population, Rominger said.

"He said to me he can understand where some of the concern comes from, but he's not happy being stuck in a cell 23 hours a day," Rominger said.

Greene State Prison, where most of Pennsylvania's death row inmates are kept, contains 1,800 prisoners and employs a staff of 700.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...vomA9w?docId=890ca7839a214ccabc7f89a732925a79

Serial child sex offender Jerry Sandusky lives under tight restrictions in prison for his own safety, it has been revealed.

The former Penn State coach is on hard routine after he asked for more prison privileges and then received threats from inmates.

'He is being housed in the appropriate facility in order to assure his safety,' said Susan McNaughton, press secretary for the Pennsylvania state Department of Corrections.
[...]

"If he was any other sex offender besides Jerry Sandusky he would have a job, he would be out of his cell six hours a day plus, he would have access to a pay phone at all times, he would be able to interact freely with other people during recreation time, he would be able to go to bed check and showers," Rominger said.

"He's not being treated like every other sex offender in Pennsylvania, and the security issues have nothing to do with his crimes, and everything to do with the publicity around him and his crimes," he said.
[...]

Rominger said he would like to see Sandusky transferred to a less restrictive prison that houses inmates who are less violent.

McNaughton said Sandusky has a television in his cell, which is unusual for new inmates. Prison officials regularly review the situation of inmates, she said.

"He needs to be patient and let the process work," McNaughton said.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ted-inmates-protection.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Jerry Sandusky's lawyer said today that he will take the former Penn State icon's fight against a child sex abuse conviction to Pennsylvania Superior Court.

Norris Gelman of Philadelphia, who has taken over as Sandusky's lead attorney, said in a telephone interview that he had discussed that step with his client even before Judge John Cleland's ruling against the defense today.
[...]

Cleland, ruling on post-sentence motions, denied Sandusky's request for a new trial in an opinion posted earlier today. The Superior Court would be the next stop.

"It is an avenue of relief that is open to us, and we will certainly take it," Gelman said.

The appeal is grounded in trial attorney Joe Amendola's arguments that Cleland effectively denied Sandusky the right to counsel because - in rejecting pre-trial requests for a delay - Amendola did not have time to review all the evidence.
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2013/01/jerry_sanduskys_lawyer_says_ap.html

His son wants a name change. Smart dude.
A son of former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky is seeking to have his name changed more than a year after his adoptive father was convicted of child sexual abuse.

Matt Sandusky filed papers Tuesday in Centre County Court seeking to have the names of him and his family changed. Though the documents are sealed, they show he filed for a name change, along with his wife and four children.
http://nation.time.com/2013/07/18/son-of-jerry-sandusky-seeks-to-have-name-changed/

Can't say that I blame them for wanting to change their names, especially the children, people can be down right evil sometimes and they had nothing to do with what Sandusky did.

Paterno not smelling like a rose at preliminary hearing for Spanier, Curley and Schultz:

Former Penn State football coach Joe Paterno said Old Main “screwed it upâ€￾ in handling child sexual abuse allegations in 2001 against his long-time assistant Jerry Sandusky, according to testimony Monday from Mike McQueary in Harrisburg.

McQueary, who as a Penn State graduate student allegedly witnessed Sandusky molesting a young boy in a shower in November 2001 on the Penn State campus, was the first witness called Monday in a preliminary hearing for Graham Spanier, Tim Curley and Gary Schultz, three former top administrators accused of covering up the abuse.

McQueary, who reported the shower incident to Paterno the following day, testified Monday that he spoke with the late coach several times about the incident in the proceeding years and said Paterno was upset with how the university handled the allegations.

“He said ‘Old Main screwed it up,’â€￾
McQueary testified.

McQueary said he and Paterno would occasionally discuss the incident in passing, with the legendary coach once calling Sandusky a “sick man.â€￾

Paterno later allegedly warned McQueary after Sandusky’s arrest that the university would make McQueary a scapegoat and advised him to trust his attorneys not the administration.

That advice came the Wednesday after Sandusky was arrested on child abuse charges and the earlier in the same day that Paterno would be fired by the university’s trustees.

“He said ‘the university is going to come down on you. Don’t worry about me. They’re going to try to scapegoat you. Trust your lawyers. Don’t trust Cynthia Baldwin. Don’t trust Old Main,’â€￾ McQueary testified.

McQueary, a star witness during Sandusky’s criminal trial, also testified he told Curley and Schultz of what he saw in the shower during a meeting shortly after. He said he told both men that he saw a young boy being molested.

Prosecutors called McQueary to the stand Monday as they begin to make their case that they have enough evidence against Spanier, Curley and Schultz to proceed to trial.
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/07/29/197934/mike-mcqueary-testifies-paterno.html#.Ufbb0W3DKzk

Former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky should not get a new trial after being convicted of sexually abusing 10 boys, an appeals court ruled Wednesday.
[...]

Wednesday's unanimous decision by a three-judge Superior Court panel came barely two weeks after they heard oral arguments by Sandusky's lawyer and a state prosecutor.

Defense lawyer Norris Gelman said he planned to ask the state Supreme Court to review the case.

Sandusky had argued his trial lawyers did not have sufficient time to prepare, a prosecutor made improper references to him not testifying on his own behalf and the judge mishandled two jury instructions.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...d-abuse-request-for-new-trial-denied/2908301/

Why do we continue to speak or publish these "men's" names? Let both coaches rot where they are. One in hell, the other in prison. One is beyond punishment, but the other is not. May he know the horror and terror he inflicted on those children. May he worry and wait & beg for relief that will never ever come. Death should be his only relief. Let death come slowly for him. One of the worst curses I ever read was (paraphrased) "may you live 10,000 years, and may each year be longer than the one before". Yeah, that's a fitting punishment for this pervert. Coach, may you live 10,000 years in shame.

Penn State University has agreed to pay $59.7 million to settle claims by 26 child sex abuse victims of former assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky, officials said on Monday.

“We hope this is another step forward in the healing process for those hurt by Mr. Sandusky, and another step forward for Penn State,” University President Rodney Erickson said in a statement.

“We cannot undo what has been done, but we can and must do everything possible to learn from this and ensure it never happens again at Penn State,” he added.
[...]

“The settlement amounts will not be funded by student tuition, taxpayer funds or donations,” Penn State said on its website.

It said the university maintains various liability insurance policies it believes will cover the settlements.
http://thegazette.com/2013/10/28/pe...-million-sandusky-child-sex-abuse-settlement/

Monsignor William Lynn, the Philadelphia archdiocesan official who has been jailed for more than a year for shuffling predator priests among parishes, had his conviction reversed on Thursday. Legal experts predict the decision will have major implications for the criminal case against three Penn State administrators connected to the Jerry Sandusky scandal.

A superior court judge ruled that Monsignor Lynn should not have been retroactively charged for child endangerment under a 2007 law because his actions took place in the 1990′s.

“You can’t be convicted of something if at the time you would have done it it wasn’t against the law,” says James Funt, a criminal defense attorney and partner at Greenblatt, Pierce, Engle, Funt & Flores.

He says the appeals ruling striking Lynn’s conviction could result in dismissal of some of the child endangerment charges against former Penn State president Graham Spanier, former VP Gary Schultz and former athletic director Tim Curley- who are charged under the same law. Prosecutors say the trio failed to report a sexual abuse claim against Jerry Sandusky in 2001 through 2008, endangering boys for more than seven years.

“The timeframes that they are being accused of both predate 2007 and are after 2007,” says Funt, “So I think it’ll have a significant impact, but I don’t think it will kill the case “

Funt says the case would continue since Spanier, Schultz and Curley also other changes, including perjury and obstruction of justice.
http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2013/12/29/monsignor-lynn-case-could-impact-jerry-sandusky-scandal/

oh yea she kept Jerry in line all right
Sandusky spoke to Lauer for her first-ever television interview from her home in State College, Penn.

Jerry Sandusky, 70, has been in a maximum security prison in Pennsylvania since being found guilty in June 2012 on 45 of 48 charges of sexual abuse of young boys over a 15-year period. In October of 2012, he was sentenced to 30 to 60 years in prison. Jerry and Dottie have been married since 1966 and have six adopted children.

In the interview, Matt Lauer asked her about a story in the Washington Post in which Melinda Henneberger wrote, "It's a shame that Dottie Sandusky doesn't have a cell of her own next to her notorious husband. We know that predators prey on the more vulnerable. They also tend to choose spouses who can be counted on to suppress any unpleasant ideas that might occur to them."

"I'm not a weak spouse,'' she replied. "As you know...they call me 'Sarge' because Jerry said I kept everybody in line. If they want to say that, let them say that. I know who I am. And I know who Jerry is. And I know he did not do the horrible crimes that he's convicted of.

"That's one thing I was taught by my parents. And that's something that we've taught our kids, to always be truthful."

Sandusky also spoke about the changes she has seen in her husband since he has been in prison.

"A friend had written to him and asked him what he missed — what did he take most for granted — and he said family meals, fun time with the grandkids playing ball, (and) doing special things with friends,'' Sandusky said tearfully.
http://www.today.com/news/jerry-sanduskys-wife-appear-today-wednesday-2D79356547

Sandusky back in court.

His lawyers have filed an appeal under the Pennsylvania Post Conviction Relief Act, after his last round of appeals were denied.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...sex-abuse-conviction-appeal-article-1.2416080

In a nutshell, the Pennsylvania PCRA gives narrow grounds for appeals for those who have been convicted of a crime and are serving a sentence for that crime, on death row for that crime or are on parole or probation for that crime.

You can file a PCRA appeal under one or more of the following grounds:
- Violation of Constitutional rights that left you unable to receive a reliable verdict'
- Ineffective Counsel'
- Unlawfully induced or coerced to plead guilty when you were innocent,
- Right to direct appeal on an issue was obstructed by a government official,
- Exculpatory evidence not available at trial is now available and would likely change the result of your case,
- Improper and unlawful sentence for your conviction- exceeds the statutory maximum,
- Court that entered your conviction did not have the jurisdiction to do so.

It sounds like a lot of options but they are narrow. Ive done one PCRA appeal and it was an ass-ache, I hated it. I wrote it on the excessive sentence, and trust me the rules and procedures for the Goddamn thing sucked.

Here's a pretty good link to PCRA Appeals, nice and in plain language.

http://pacriminalappeals.com/post_conviction_relief_act.php

Which is all in time for the recent ruling by a Centre COunty Judge that Sandusky can still face charges for a 1988 alleged sexual assault that took place at a Penn State football camp.

A judge has ordered the DA's office to take another look at the case filed by the victim, now 43, provately a year ago. In the complaint the victim alleges that Sandusky forced him to perform oral sex on Sandusky and that Sandusky fondeled him in 1988 when the victim was 16 years old.

The DA's office had originally determined that the case could not be prosecuted because the statute of limitations had expired.

The judge overruled that determination and now the DA's office must decided if the minimum standard is met in order to file criminal charges against Sandusky.

Note: The victim, through his attorney, filed private criminal charges against Sandusky a year ago, those are not the same as the criminal charges that the DA's office would file.

Link:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...arge-decades-old-allegation-article-1.2415493

Also: I apologize for posting twice in a row, I had no idea I'd manage to find 2 updates in one day on this dickhead, especially when I wasn't looking for any on him at all.

http://news.yahoo.com/pennsylvania-...kys-4-900-monthly-pension-164735655--nfl.html

A Pennsylvania court on Friday reinstated Jerry Sandusky's pension, ruling that a state board had improperly stripped payments to the former Penn State assistant football coach after his 2012 conviction for sexually abusing boys.

The State Employees Retirement System (SERS) wrongly denied Sandusky and his wife his $4,900-a-month pension in October 2012, the court ruled, saying he was entitled to the money in part because he had already retired as assistant to legendary head coach Joe Paterno at the time of the crimes.

A panel of judges on the Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court retroactively reinstated the pension with interest to the date the SERS board canceled payments.

I got nothing.

I am literally 2 hours from State College, I go to PennState every June to see the PA State Special Olympics cometition.

This latest shit, even being a PA resident, I got nothing.

Give them another couple years and they all go, "what child rape, who's a pedo?"

He'll be out before you know it and he will know that he is bulletproof then.

A Pennsylvania court on Friday reinstated Jerry Sandusky's pension, ruling that a state board had improperly stripped payments to the former Penn State assistant football coach after his 2012 conviction for sexually abusing boys.

The State Employees Retirement System (SERS) wrongly denied Sandusky and his wife his $4,900-a-month pension in October 2012, the court ruled, saying he was entitled to the money in part because he had already retired as assistant to legendary head coach Joe Paterno at the time of the crimes.

A panel of judges on the Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court retroactively reinstated the pension with interest to the date the SERS board canceled payments.

Sandusky still get paid?

Shhheeeiiittt!

a-capture16.gif

Back