• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/southw...r-phone-kills-2-horses-injures-riders-police/
Police in Florida say a man was reaching for his cellphone when he struck and killed two horses and seriously injured a young girl and a woman. Davie police Sgt. Mark Leone tells news outlets that it happened Sunday in Southwest Ranches as the girl and her trainer were crossing a road on horseback.

Leone says the 9-year-old girl was wearing a helmet, which "may have saved her life." Both riders were taken to Memorial Regional Hospital in Hollywood.

The adult was airlifted to Memorial Regional Hospital and the child was transported by ground, CBS Miami reports.The riders are currently listed in serious condition but are expected to survive.

The names of the people involved haven't been released.
[....]

This is exactly why I stopped road riding my horses. My horses are 100% traffic, parade, siren, horn honking, charging dog, safe.
It's the ass hole drivers I worry about.

Fucking loser ... this guy should get a ten year driving ban. or jail. (because heavy fines are only effective if you can't afford to pay them)

Don't most states have a ban on using your phone while driving? Texas does. You would think with Blue Tooth technology that this wouldn't still be such a huge problem. I don't text people when I think they might be driving. If I get a text while driving, I can glance at my phone which is next to me in the cup holders. If the message appears to need more scrutiny, I either wait until I stop somewhere or pull over. There's really no excuse for what happened in this incident. It's just sickening.

They do have a law, since I was just there last week, my kids were talking about it since Georgia's cell phone law kicked in on July 1.

h deserves to be charged. This idiots that reach or talk on their phones shouldn't just be pulled over for a ticket but immediately thrown in jail. they cause as many accidents and duis

h deserves to be charged. This idiots that reach or talk on their phones shouldn't just be pulled over for a ticket but immediately thrown in jail. they cause as many accidents and duis
I believe as of current "Distracted Driving" Is now responsible for far more accidents than DUII, In Oregon we had more than 12,000 Wrecks due to distracted driving between 2011 - 2017, We have had the law on the books to ban cell phones or any other electronic devices for the last couple years, but it really hasn't made much of a difference, so instead they just raised the fines this month, but wishing they would actually pull people over for it, and start treating it like a Felony, as the threat of fines and "Possible" Jail time after the 3rd time really isn't doing shit.

Back