• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Little dickwad denied a retrial!

Boston marathon bomber is DENIED a re-trial as judge rejects lawyers' claims that original jury was biased
  • Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, now 22, was convicted of 30 federal charges last year
  • Was sentenced to death for his part in the 2013 Boston marathon bombing
  • Along with brother Tamerlan, Dzhokahr killed three and injured 260 others
  • Lawyers were requesting a new trial, saying his original jury were biased
  • But judge rejected appeal and ordered Tsarnaev to pay $101m to victims

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...laims-original-jury-biased.html#ixzz3xQQPAygF
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

If he is in prison how do the hell do you get a $101 million dollars?

It's pretty much a summary judgement. Judges often do this just to get the sentence on the books rather than expecting the person convicted to actually be able to satisfy the debt. In essence it means that any $$ (or a certain % of any money) he receives in jail/prison for doing an inmate job, giving paid interviews, selling book/movie rights, etc., automatically goes into an acct. set up for the victims.

It's pretty much a summary judgement. Judges often do this just to get the sentence on the books rather than expecting the person convicted to actually be able to satisfy the debt. In essence it means that any $$ (or a certain % of any money) he receives in jail/prison for doing an inmate job, giving paid interviews, selling book/movie rights, etc., automatically goes into an acct. set up for the victims.
I thought convicted criminals could not profit from selling book/movie rights to their crimes.

I thought convicted criminals could not profit from selling book/movie rights to their crimes.

I'm going to do some digging on this for us to get the specifics. I know they can't profit from writing/selling their own books, screenplays, etc., about their crimes, but I don't *think* it's illegal for them to sell their copy/story rights, or get paid for giving television interviews.

This isn't the perfect example, but remember the Michele "Misty" Avila case where a very pretty teen was brutally murdered by two of her best teenaged friends, one being Karen Severson (pseudonym Karen Crayne)? Karen, a converted Christian while she was in prison, wrote a book called "Hope Beyond the Fences" about her" journey" from a cold-blooded, jealous, murdering psycho teen to finding Jesus in prison and to my knowledge, even though it's a total dud, what few dollars she does make from it she gets to keep.

As I mentioned, the judges hand down these kinds of sentences to make sure any monies the convict may make over his/her lifetime can/will be attached until the judgement is paid in full, but I'm going to surf to see if the no-profit rule is all-inclusive or specific to certain types of income. It may even vary from state to state come to think of it. <3

Notes handwritten by convicted Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev during his initial interrogation with law enforcement officials have been released.

The barely legible collection - all 68 pages - was newly filed by appeals lawyers in court as they seek to suppress Tsarnaev's statements made from a hospital after his April 19, 2013 arrest.

Tsarnaev was taken into custody four days after the double pressure cooker bombing that claimed the lives of three civilians and injured an astounding 264 others.

Appeals lawyers argued that Tsarnaev's statements were made involuntarily - as the wounded perpetrator was too ill to verbally answer questions.

Tsarnaev was in critical condition at the time after he took a shot in the head, neck, legs and hand before his climactic capture.

He penned more than once in the handwritten notes: 'America is at war, is it not?' and in a separate page, he said alongside the same question: 'I did what is necessary.'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ges-notes-written-Boston-Marathon-bomber.html

Court overturns Boston Marathon bomber’s death sentence

A federal appeals court Friday threw out Dzhokhar Tsarnaev’s death sentence in the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing, saying the judge who oversaw the case did not adequately screen jurors for potential biases.

A three-judge panel of the 1st U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ordered a new penalty-phase trial on whether the 27-year-old Tsarnaev should be executed for the attack that killed three people and wounded more than 260 others.

“But make no mistake: Dzhokhar will spend his remaining days locked up in prison, with the only matter remaining being whether he will die by execution,” Judge O. Rogeriee Thompson wrote in the ruling, more than six months after arguments were heard in the case.

An email seeking comment was sent to an attorney for Tsarnaev. A spokesperson for the U.S. Attorney’s office in Boston said they were reviewing the opinion and had no immediate comment.

Hopefully the supreme court gets a chance to weigh in on this one. I cant imagine it not being yet another win for true justice and line up 5-4 like the other recent death penalty supreme court rulings.

So fucking absurd to over turn the sentence.

Supreme Court to consider reinstating death penalty for Boston Marathon bomber
The Supreme Court said Monday it will hear the feds’ case seeking to reinstate the death penalty for Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the man convicted of carrying out the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing.

Under the Trump administration, former Attorney General William Barr brought the case to the high court after the death sentence against the 27-year-old terrorist was tossed by an appeals court in July.

The Supreme Court is set to hear arguments in the fall.

President Biden has not revealed his stance on the case — though he has vowed to put an end to capital punishment. And if the court were to reimpose the sentence, the president doesn’t have to set a date for the execution.

Full Article:

C'mon, please let something good come out of Trumps stacking of the supreme court.

He won't be executed until Biden/Harris are out of office of course, since they love criminals and hate to see them punished.

High court reimposes Boston Marathon bomber's death sentence​

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court has reinstated the death sentence for convicted Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.

The justices, by a 6-3 vote Friday, agreed with the Biden administration's arguments that a federal appeals court was wrong to throw out the sentence of death a jury imposed on Tsarnaev for his role in the bombing that killed three people near the finish line of the marathon in 2013.

The 1st U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Boston ruled in 2020 that the trial judge improperly excluded evidence that could have shown Tsarnaev was deeply influenced by his older brother, Tamerlan, and was somehow less responsible for the carnage. The appeals court also faulted the judge for not sufficiently questioning jurors about their exposure to extensive news coverage of the bombing.

“Dzhokhar Tsarnaev committed heinous crimes. The Sixth Amendment nonetheless guaranteed him a fair trial before an impartial jury. He received one,” Justice Clarence Thomas wrote for the majority, made up of the court’s six conservative justices.

In dissent for the court's three liberal justices, Justice Stephen Breyer wrote, “In my view, the Court of Appeals acted lawfully in holding that the District Court should have allowed Dzhokhar to introduce this evidence.”

Breyer has called on the court to reconsider capital punishment. “I have written elsewhere about the problems inherent in a system that allows for the imposition of the death penalty ... This case provides just one more example of some of those problems,” he wrote.

The prospect that Tsarnaev, now 28, will be executed anytime soon is remote. The Justice Department halted federal executions last summer after the Trump administration carried out 13 executions in its final six months.

I think when you kill people the way these brothers did, they should be ready to die themselves for their principles, whatever idiocy their principles are. But instead this one keeps afflicting himself on American people who he said he hated and we are treating him with kid gloves. Does anyone think that law enforcement where these two asswipes come from would think twice about executing an American? Absolutely not.

Back