• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
Body found in Utah likely that of missing boy, 4
LAYTON, Utah — Police in Utah say they have found the body of a boy who matches the description of a missing 4-year-old child and that his mother and stepfather will be charged.

Layton authorities on Tuesday said a charge of aggravated homicide will be filed against Ethan Stacy’s stepfather, 31-year-old Nathan Sloop. They say Stacy’s mother, 27-year-old Stephanie Sloop, will be charged with felony child abuse.

Police shifted their search from the family’s apartment complex to a location about 25 miles away in Ogden Canyon. Five officers were seen carrying a blue bag out of the woods late Tuesday.
[...]
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/national/west/view.bg?articleid=1254127&srvc=rss
24465n7.jpg
Ethan Stacy​
bag2.gif
Now You Can Watch Everything Including Them Get Theirs R.I.P Ethan​

Last edited:
Boy found, police arrest mother, stepfather
LAYTON --
[...]
The mother and stepfather of Ethan Stacy, the young boy who was reported missing early Tuesday morning from a Layton apartment complex, have been arrested.

The mother, 27-year-old Stephanie Sloop, and stepfather, 31-year-old Nathan Sloop could face charges of aggravated homicide, felony child abuse, obstruction of justice and desecration of a corpse, according to a press release.

Ethan was reported missing from an apartment complex north of Layton Hills Mall, at 1425 N. 586 West, at around midnight. Stacy was wearing Spiderman pajamas and is 4 feet 4 inches tall, 50 pounds with blue eyes and blond hair. He was apparently barefoot at the time he left the apartment.

Police say Ethan is from Virginia and has been in the area for about 10 days staying with his mother and stepfather. They told officers this is not the first time the boy has snuck out of the apartment since he arrived in Utah, said Lt. Garret Atkin.

At 4 p.m., the search for the boy had moved to a trail that leads off the Powder Mountain Road, authorities said.

At approximately 5 p.m., investigators carried something off the mountain, although it was unclear at that time whether it was the body of the boy.
http://www.standard.net/topics/featured/2010/05/11/boy-found-police-arrest-mother-stepfather
k550cp.jpg

2vmztht.jpg
Layton Police speaks to the media this afternoon​

The body of a missing 4-year-old boy has been found, and his parents have been arrested in his death.

Ethan Stacy's body was found Tuesday, buried next to a trail near the Powder Mountain Ski resort. Ethan's stepfather, Nathan Sloop, was arrested on suspicion of homicide. Nathan Sloop and Ethan's mother, Stephanie Sloop, both are suspected of child abuse, obstruction of justice and desecration of a corpse, Layton police said.

Investigators would not say how they think Ethan died or how his body was desecrated.

Ethan, who lives in Virginia, arrived in Layton just two weeks ago to spend the summer with the Sloops, said Layton police Lt. Garret Atkin. Stephanie and Nathan Sloop married May 1, he said.

Ethan Stacy (Family photo)Late Monday night, Stephanie Sloop called police to report Ethan was missing, Atkin said. She claimed she had put Ethan to bed about 9 p.m., and he was gone when she checked on him later. She also said he had wandered off several times before, but always came back.

Throughout the night and Tuesday morning, police searched the area surrounding the Sloops' apartment complex, near 500 West and 1400 North, questioning a dozen registered sex offenders in the area, sweeping neighboring apartments and interviewing "persons of interest," Atkin said.

During those interviews, police learned of the "burial site" near Powder Mountain, Atkin said.

Crews searched near the Wolf Canyon trailhead on State Road 158 in Weber County. Canopies were erected over two separate sites less than a quarter mile up the trail. Investigators could be seen carrying shovels to and from the scene, where muddy conditions complicated the search, Atkin said.

The body of a boy matching Ethan's description was found at 5 p.m. Atkins said he would not "go into the gory details" as to the body's condition, and investigators do not know how long the body had been buried at the trail.

It is not clear whether the boy was killed

Missing boy, Ethan Stacy, found dead
at the trail or if his body was brought there from another place, Atkin said.

Police would not say who pointed investigators to Wolf Canyon or whether the Sloops confessed outright to killing Ethan. Atkin said only that "their stories changed during the process."

"They were trying to cover their tracks," he said.

Police do not yet know whether Ethan actually had a history of wandering away from home. His biological father has been contacted, Atkin said. Police would not release the father's name, and Atkin said he did not know the city in Virginia where Stacy lived.

Police are investigating no other potential suspects, Atkin said.

Nathan Sloop has a history of drug convictions and other crimes dating back to 2000. Most recently, he pleaded guilty to misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance in 2003.

Stephanie Sloop has no criminal history in Utah under her married name; Atkin said he did not know her maiden name or previous married names.

http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_15060682

His mother claimed her 4-year-old son had a habit of wandering out of their apartment in the middle of the night.

But police don't believe that was ever the case. Instead, detectives believe Ethan Stacy's step-father killed him, and then he and the boy's mother tried to cover it up.

Ethan had been in Utah just 10 days. He'd been in Virginia with his father and arrived to spend the summer with his mother and his new step-father. The couple had just gotten married on May 1.

Nearly 17 hours after his mother reported him missing from their Layton apartment, Ethan's body was found buried more than 30 miles away in a remote area near Powder Mountain.

Just before 5 p.m., five officers were seen carrying a large blue tarp folded in two off of the mountain with the body of Ethan inside.

Nathan Sloop, 31, was arrested for investigation of aggravated murder, child abuse, obstruction of justice and desecration of a corpse. Stephanie Sloop, 27, was arrested for investigation of child abuse, obstruction of justice and desecration of a corpse.

Police say they contacted Ethan's biological father in Virginia and informed him of the tragic situation.

The announcement of the arrests capped a long and heartbreaking day for police officers who had searched throughout the night for the blond-haired, blue-eyed boy with glasses, allegedly last seen wearing Spider-Man pajamas.

"Anytime you get a case involving a child like this, it makes you wonder how that happens," Layton Police Lt. Garret Atkin said.

Investigators did not say Tuesday how, when or why Ethan was killed, but Atkin noted they do not believe his death was pre-meditated. Police believe after Ethan was killed, his body was driven to a remote area about 11 miles up Ogden Canyon near Wolf Creek Resort and Powder Mountain, past Pineview Reservoir, about 200 yards off the main canyon road in a heavily wooded area close to a dirt access road owned by Powder Mountain Ski Resort.

Investigators wearing yellow rain coats and carrying evidence bags and shovels focused on the specific area Tuesday afternoon.

"Due to the weather and terrain, it (was) a very difficult crime scene to process," Atkin said.

Police were originally contacted by the boy's parents at 11:55 p.m. Monday. They claimed Ethan had gotten out of bed and wandered off again without them noticing.

His mother claimed her 4-year-old son had a habit of wandering out of their apartment in the middle of the night.

But police don't believe that was ever the case. Instead, detectives believe Ethan Stacy's step-father killed him, and then he and the boy's mother tried to cover it up.

Ethan had been in Utah just 10 days. He'd been in Virginia with his father and arrived to spend the summer with his mother and his new step-father. The couple had just gotten married on May 1.

Nearly 17 hours after his mother reported him missing from their Layton apartment, Ethan's body was found buried more than 30 miles away in a remote area near Powder Mountain.

Just before 5 p.m., five officers were seen carrying a large blue tarp folded in two off of the mountain with the body of Ethan inside.

Nathan Sloop, 31, was arrested for investigation of aggravated murder, child abuse, obstruction of justice and desecration of a corpse. Stephanie Sloop, 27, was arrested for investigation of child abuse, obstruction of justice and desecration of a corpse.

Police say they contacted Ethan's biological father in Virginia and informed him of the tragic situation.

The announcement of the arrests capped a long and heartbreaking day for police officers who had searched throughout the night for the blond-haired, blue-eyed boy with glasses, allegedly last seen wearing Spider-Man pajamas.

"Anytime you get a case involving a child like this, it makes you wonder how that happens," Layton Police Lt. Garret Atkin said.

Investigators did not say Tuesday how, when or why Ethan was killed, but Atkin noted they do not believe his death was pre-meditated. Police believe after Ethan was killed, his body was driven to a remote area about 11 miles up Ogden Canyon near Wolf Creek Resort and Powder Mountain, past Pineview Reservoir, about 200 yards off the main canyon road in a heavily wooded area close to a dirt access road owned by Powder Mountain Ski Resort.

Investigators wearing yellow rain coats and carrying evidence bags and shovels focused on the specific area Tuesday afternoon.

"Due to the weather and terrain, it (was) a very difficult crime scene to process," Atkin said.

Police were originally contacted by the boy's parents at 11:55 p.m. Monday. They claimed Ethan had gotten out of bed and wandered off again without them noticing.

Atkin did not have much information about the newlywed Nathan and Stephanie Sloop. An Internet search of Nathan Sloop showed he has family ties to Davis County and possibly lived in Florida at one time.

Utah court records show Nathan Sloop also has a criminal history in Utah. In 2003, he pleaded guilty to drug possession with intent to distribute, a charge that was amended from a felony to a misdemeanor. He was sentenced to 30 days at the Weber County Jail and put on probation. He was off probation at the time of his arrest Tuesday. He was also found guilty of a separate misdemeanor drug possession charge about that same time.

In 2001, Nathan Sloop was convicted of disorderly conduct and criminal mischief, and a few months later in a separate case he was convicted again of disorderly conduct and failure to obey a peace officer, according to court records.

The Davis County Attorney's Office will review the evidence Wednesday and decide whether to file charges against the couple.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700031409/4-year-old-Layton-boy-was-murdered-police-say.html?pg=1

Just taking a wild guess that since they tried to hide the body and then tried to lie about where he was that this poor child didn't die accidently.

WTF they had him 10 days????? 10 days and they are trying to say he had a history of sneaking out of their apt.? It only took them 10 days to kill this little boy.... What sorry sacks of shit!

this child goes to spend the summer with them. They have him for just 10 days, and in that short time they manage to kill him and desecrate his body.

10. fucking. days.

Poor, sweet little boy. And my heart goes out to bio-dad. Clearly, there was good reason for him to have custody.

RIP Ethan. x

no matter how hard they thought it was to have this poor little boy with them, all they had to do was remind themselves he would be going back to his dad soon!! Surely that would get you through?? I don't understand!!

I mean did it really truely matter if say the little one didn't eat all his dinner (or whatever), coz by the sounds of it they probably aren't hands on parents so at the end of summer he goes back home were he had to eat his dinner.

It took just 10 days to kill him!!! They only got married 12 days ago!!! Bloody heck!!

If they were having such a hard time taking care of him, why didn't they call his dad before things got out of hand so that he could go back home?

If they were having such a hard time taking care of him, why didn't they call his dad before things got out of hand so that he could go back home?

Because there azzhat criminal drug addict evil SOB's that don't deserve to live on tax payer's hard earned money. Death penalty for these 2 is the only way to go. Poor Dad back in Va., My heart goes out to the guy, I can only imagine.

its sad but the probably killed this boy the day he got there. the day the got married. I cant believe it takes that little for a penis to win yet again! He probably said something like "your not my daddy" and that SOB hurt him....RIP Ethan sorry you couldnt just stay with your daddy in VA.

this case reminds exactly as Robert Manwill that was murdered right after he arrived at his moms last summer to spend time with her and her hubby

This Sloop guy has a criminal record. I have to wonder if the bio-father was aware of his past. I mean I'm sending my kid off for the Summer to stay with his mom, I'm checking out the new penis she married.

I want to know what happened, 10 day, wtf? tho I can already figure the POS "mom" didn't protect her son from this asshole. She's charged with child abuse too so I'm assuming she didn't just sit back and watch but participated in abusing little Ethan. What a pathetic excuse for a mother. I hope they are both hung out to dry. This was her son, her baby and she helps with the process of eliminating and desecrating his body. I'd like to spit on her face for being so vile. Little Ethan would be starting school soon now he has lost all new starts. I fuckn hate these people. My condolences to bio-dad, what horrific news receive. Poor sweet Ethan, can only imagine his last moments.

Child killers really do come in all shapes, sizes and looks. By this picture I'd say they look like decent folk. Far from it.
8d8b2370.jpg

Now this picture is more like it...
ef40683c.jpg
]
Nathan Sloop, 31, left, was charged with aggravated homicide in his stepson's death. He and the child's mother, Stephanie Sloop, 27, also were charged with child abuse, obstruction of justice and descecration of a corpse.

More pictures here including her professed love for fuctard....gag.

link

Last edited:
Ten days and now this child is dead??? That speaks volumes on the evil that is these two monsters. My heart goes out to the dad, can't and don't want to imagine his pain. What a sweet boy. My youngest is 5, and at that age they are just adorable, and so was Ethan.

Rest in peace sweet Ethan

Charges could be filed Wednesday in boy's murder case in Layton
LAYTON — Layton police were scheduled to meet at 2 p.m. Wednesday possibly to discuss charges with the Davis County Attorney against a couple accused of murdering their 4-year-old child and dumping his body in a remote area in Ogden Canyon.
When the officials meet, Nathan Sloop, 31, could face one additional charge. Police announced Tuesday afternoon that Sloop was arrested for investigation of aggravated homicide, felony child abuse, obstruction of justice and desecration of a corpse. Davis County Jail records Wednesday showed an additional arresting charge for investigation of damaging a jail added to his booking sheet.
Sloop is accused of murdering his 4-year-old stepson, Ethan Stacy. An autopsy was scheduled to be conducted Wednesday to determine how the boy died and possibly when.
[...]
Stephanie Sloop was arrested for investigation of child abuse, obstruction of justice and desecration of a corpse.On their marriage certificate filed in early May in Davis County, her maiden name is listed as Stephanie Christina Croft Stacy. An Internet check of her background showed prior addresses in Las Vegas, Florida and Georgia. She does not have a criminal record in Utah.
However, Utah court records show Nathan Sloop has a criminal history in Utah. In 2003, he pleaded guilty to drug possession with intent to distribute, a charge that was amended from a felony to a misdemeanor. He was sentenced to 30 days in the Weber County Jail and put on probation. He was also found guilty of a separate misdemeanor drug possession charge about that same time. He was off probation at the time of his arrest Tuesday.
In 2001, Nathan Sloop was convicted of disorderly conduct and criminal mischief, and in a separate case a few months later, he was convicted again of disorderly conduct and failure to obey a peace officer, according to court records.
Police believe that after Ethan was killed, his body was driven to a remote area about 11 miles up Ogden Canyon, past Pineview Reservoir, about 200 yards off the main canyon road in a heavily wooded area close to a dirt access road owned by Powder Mountain Ski Resort.
[...]
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...-boys-murder-case-in-Layton.html?s_cid=rss-30
13z5nbp.jpg
Nathan Sloop​
16jq247.jpg
Stephanie Sloop​

Little Ethan you were likely happy to see your mom, spend the whole Summer with her. I can't imagine what went so wrong those last days. So sorry Ethan, that your life was stolen, taken so cruelly. I hope to see justice come for you but even then I will be saddened for all you have lost. The heavens are yours now, find peace in heavens light.
ddffe681.jpg

What do you want to bet this was a plan they hatched to keep from having to pay child support? Just my two cents.

This little boy looks so much like my preschool little boyfriend. So sad....

Another sweet face for my corkboard. I hate that I have so many bright, smiling faces on my corkboard, that will never smile again.

My dear Lord, it's heartbreaking to imagine this little boy's excitement at seeing his mommy. He might even have been excited to have a new "daddy" or "uncle", although that's certainly debatable. Off on an adventure to see mommy and a wedding. . .

What a betrayal that his mommy didn't care more for him and abetted her new man in killing her son and hiding his body. Did she have so little love for him? Was he in her way on her honeymoon? If so, couldn't she have worked some other arrangement out with the father?

Anyone who followed Robert Manwills case will see how exact these 2 cases are right down to the judge order of making the boys visit mom for the summer!!
Police, family member say Va. judge ordered slain boy, 4, to spend summer in Utah with mother
SALT LAKE CITY - A custody fight in Virginia led to a judge's order that a 4-year-old boy spend the summer in Utah with his mother, who will be charged as an accomplice to the youngster's killing, police and a family member said Wednesday.
The biological father of Ethan Stacy received a full briefing on the slaying Wednesday, he told The Associated Press.
"I can't talk right now. I just got the horrible news, talking to prosecutors," said Joe G. Stacy of Tazewell, Va. "Right now is not the time."
The boy's body was desecrated and buried in a northern Utah canyon, where it was recovered Tuesday, police said.
The stepfather, Nathanael W. Sloop, 31, of Layton, is being held on suspicion of aggravated murder.
Sloop and the boy's mother, Stephanie Sloop, 27, face additional charges of desecration of a corpse, along with felony child abuse and obstruction of justice, police said.
The Deseret News of Salt Lake City quoted Joe Stacy's stepmother saying he was forced by a judge to give up the boy to his mother for a summer visit. Layton police provided a similar account, saying Ethan arrived in Utah May 1 "after divorce and custody issues were finalized."

Joe Stacy's stepmother, Freida Stacy, called Stephanie Sloop a "spiteful" woman intent on hurting her ex-husband. The AP has not been able to reach family members of Stephanie Sloop.

"She was just an evil person. There is evil in the world, and she is that," Freida Stacy told the Salt Lake City newspaper. She did not immediately return a message from the AP.

"I don't think she cared anything for that little boy. I think she did anything she could to irritate" Joe Stacy, his stepmother said.

Prosecutors said they would file charges Friday against Nathanael and Stephanie Sloop. They have said that Nathanael Sloop was responsible for the boy's killing, but they didn't say how. Stephanie Sloop was involved in trying to cover up the crime, police said.
[...]
http://www.startribune.com/nation/93628364.html

PLlcae both of them hogged tied, and leave them in the middle of a prairie to die.

Sloop's Mother: There's more to this story
SALT LAKE CITY (ABC 4 News) - The mother of accused murder suspect Nathan Sloop spoke to ABC 4 and says there's more to this story than meets the eye. "I'm shocked, I mean I would never taken these two people have done what they're accused of doing," Pam Sloop told ABC 4 earlier in an exclusive interview.
Newlyweds Nathan and Stephanie Sloop are accused of killing then trying to cover up the murder of Stephanie's 4-year-old son, Ethan on Tuesday. The couple initially called police to tell them that Ethan had wandered away before dawn, but by dusk Ethan's body was found nearly 30 miles away by Powder Mountain.
"I'm certainly still holding onto a thread of hope that it didn't go down as it appears but at the same time these were two people who were not vicious to children," said Pam Sloop, who continued and added that the couple was grateful to have found one another and were very much in love.
Pictures from the couple's wedding website indicate two people very excited about the future and their lives together. Pam says she knows they are upset by the events of the past 48 hours, "I know they're both devestated by what happened and great regret".
[...]
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...this-story/Q6Va7YpNYUKTAdtjdo-OeA.cspx?rss=20
rmqmhg.jpg
Pam Sloop​

I'm certainly still holding onto a thread of hope that it didn't go down as it appears but at the same time these were two people who were not vicious to children," said Pam Sloop, who continued and added that the couple was grateful to have found one another

Pam Sloop, I also hope Spring is eternal. Idiot

Sloop's Mother: There's more to this story

Oh, I'm sure there's more, and it will all come out in the wash. When 'more' comes to light, I'd bet my next paycheck it won't be the revelation that these two are walking angels on earth, sent directly by the lord...or whatever bullshit she's hoping for.

Documents describe death, burial of boy in Utah
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - Police records say the Utah man arrested in the death of a 4-year-old boy beat him for days before the child died, then used a hammer to disfigure his face and teeth.
[...]
Detectives say Stacy's stepfather, 31-year-old Nathanael Sloop, buried him Sunday in a northern Utah canyon. Stacy's body was unearthed by searchers Tuesday.

Sloop is being held on suspicion of aggravated murder. He and Stacy's mother, 27-year-old Stephanie Sloop, also face charges of desecration of a corpse, felony child abuse and obstruction of justice. Charges are expected to be filed Friday.

The documents say the Sloops found Stacy dead in his bed on Sunday and made a plan to dispose of the body.
http://www.wric.com/global/story.asp?s=12473072

OMG cant we just throw them into Time Square and see how long it takes to shred their bodies
Now we see the "desectration of corpse"

Last edited:
While Nathan and Stephanie Sloop married, battered 4-year-old was home locked in his room, police say
LAYTON — On May 6, Nathan and Stephanie Sloop went to the Davis County Courthouse to get married.
What no one in the courtroom could have imagined was that while the Sloops were being joined in holy matrimony, Stephanie Sloop's 4-year-old son was locked in a bedroom in their home. The Sloops were afraid to take Ethan Stacy out in public because of severe head injuries allegedly inflicted by Nathan in what jail records described as a "systematic and progressively more violent pattern of abuse toward Ethan."
The injuries to Ethan's face were so significant that the Sloops "were afraid to take him out in public with the swelling and bruising to his face and that someone would call police," according to documents released Wednesday by the Davis County Jail.
While the Sloops were getting married, Nathan "removed the door handle from the bedroom" to keep Ethan locked inside.
Joe G. Stacy said never wanted to send his 4-year-old son to Utah.

But following his custody fight, a judge ordered summer visitation with the boy's mother and he had to comply, said Freida Stacy, Joe Stacy's stepmother.
Joe absolutely did not want him to go (to Utah), and she threatened to sue him for kidnapping, threatened him with this and that. He had no choice," Freida Stacy told the Deseret News.
[...]
"Ethan did not want to go. Ethan did not want to even talk to (his mother Stephanie Sloop) on the phone. She'd call and he'd say, 'I don't want to talk to her,' Freida Stacy said from her home in Hurley, Va.
"She was just an evil person. There is evil in the world, and she is that."
Joe Stacy received a full briefing about his son's death Wednesday.
"I can't talk right now. I just got the horrible news, talking to prosecutors," the Tazewell, Va., man said. "Right now is not the time."
After speaking with her stepson, Freida Stacy said he was "not good" since receiving the news about Ethan.
Prosecutors planned to hold a news conference Friday to announce formal charges against the Sloops. Davis County Attorney Troy Rawlings said his office was still waiting Wednesday for the autopsy report on Ethan, as well as compiling additional evidence from Layton police.

A judge Wednesday denied bail for Nathan Sloop and set $100,000 bail for Stephanie Sloop. He was booked into the Davis County Jail for investigation of aggravated murder. Both were also booked for investigation of child abuse, obstruction of justice and desecration of a corpse.
[...]
Investigators have not yet revealed a possible cause of death or motive in the case.
When prosecutors meet, Nathan Sloop could face an additional charge. Jail records indicate he was also booked for investigation of damaging a jail. Police say he damaged a holding cell door Tuesday at the Layton Police Department.
Ethan's biological parents, Joe Stacy and Stephanie Sloop, were married in Florida and lived there and in Georgia. Ethan was the only child they had together.
Freida Stacy called Ethan a "loving little boy who could have accomplished anything. He was a go-getter."
But she believes Stephanie Sloop used the 4-year-old boy as a pawn to hurt her ex-husband.
[...]
The wedding announcement page on the Internet for Stephanie and Nathan Sloop talks about love and being soul mates. The page at www.theknot.com contains photos of the couple and an announcement that they planned to either get married or hold a wedding reception on July 4.
A marriage certificate for the couple, however, indicates they were married last week on May 6 in a civil ceremony in Davis County.
On the page, Nathan Sloop wrote that he and Stephanie had known each other since childhood but only recently began dating. They dated while he was going through a divorce in which he claimed his child was being "kidnapped and being in the middle of a vicious divorce," he wrote.
Nathan Sloop called his relationship with Stephanie a "match made in heaven" and wrote that she was the "woman of his dreams." He described himself as having a "fast thinking brain" and said she respected his "bad boy side."

"I Would Do Anything for her. Fight for Her. Kill for Her. Live for Her!! Die for Her!!," he wrote.
In her comments, she wrote when they first started dating, "We began with full disclosure so that way our exes couldn't try and use things against us," she wrote. "Someone else's garbage is now my treasure," and "Though I loved my ex, we just weren't meant to fit together like Nathan and I do."
She wrote she had complications during surgery while pregnant with twins, but does not say what happened to the twins.
The couple has been together since October, according to their wedding announcement. A reception was to have been held in Golden, Colo., at the home of one of Nathan Sloop's relatives.
former neighbor told the Deseret News that just days ago she saw the Sloops, including Ethan, return to Nathan Sloop's Roy house, which is now up for sale, to move some more items.
[..]
Phillips, who admitted her family had an often-confrontational relationship with Nathan Sloop, described him as "unpredictable," and said "you never knew which way he would blow."
The house on 2200 West in Roy is up for sale and his realtor said Nathan and Stephanie Sloop moved sometime before the house was put up for sale in March because they were seeking a new job in Denver.
[...]
In 2001, he was convicted of disorderly conduct and criminal mischief, and in a separate case a few months later, he was convicted again of disorderly conduct and failure to obey a peace officer, according to court records.
Police believe that after Ethan was killed, his body was driven to a remote area about 11 miles up Ogden Canyon, past Pineview Reservoir, about 200 yards off the main canyon road in a heavily wooded area close to a dirt access road owned by Powder Mountain Ski Resort.
During initial interviews, police noted inconsistencies in the parents' stories and information gathered from further interviews with both parents led police to search the site near Powder Mountain, according to a police report. The interviews also revealed indications of physical abuse, the report states.
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...-home-locked-in-his-room-police-say.html?pg=1

Back