• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

AnalBreeze

Trusted Member
Day Watch (Dnevnoi Dozor)

poster-1.jpg

Release Date: June 1, 2007 (limited)

Studio: Fox Searchlight Pictures

Director: Timur Bekmambetov

Screenwriter: Sergei Lukyanenko, Timur Bekmambetov, Alexander Talal

Starring: Konstantin Khabensky, Vladimir Menshov, Valery Zolotukhin, Maria Poroshina,
Galina Tunina, Victor Verzhbitsky, Dima Martynov

Genre: Action, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Thriller

MPAA Rating: R (for violence)

Official Website: FoxSearchlight.com/DayWatch

Plot Summary: Featuring the cinematic vision of cutting-edge Director/Writer Timur Bekmambetov, "Day Watch (Dnevnoi Dozor)" is the second installment of a trilogy based on the best-selling sci-fi novels of Sergei Lukyanenko entitled "Night Watch," "Day Watch" and "Dusk Watch." A dazzling mix of state-of-the-art visual effects, amazing action sequences, and nail-biting horror, when "Night Watch (Nochnoi Dozor)" was released in its native Russia in July 2004, it became an instant smash hit breaking all film gross records in post-Soviet history. Set in contemporary Moscow, "Day Watch (Dnevnoi Dozor)" revolves around the conflict and balance maintained between the forces of light and darkness -- the result of a medieval truce between the opposing sides.

So is this gona be a trilogy as originally planed or did they knocked it at two installments making this the conclusion like they said would happen after the bad box office intake of the first?

Absolutley loved the first one, cant wait to see this.

Just wanted to give everyone the heads up on free passes for this film...
http://www.foxsearchlight.com/daywatch/
Right now, they have all of these locations for you to RSVP at but I'm sure they will add more like they did for Night Watch.
Tuesday, May 29 7:00 PM AMC West 34th Street 14, New York
Thursday, May 31 7:30 PM Arclight Cinemas, Los Angeles
Wednesday, Jun 06 7:30 PM Landmark E Street, Washington
Wednesday, Jun 06 7:30 PM Galaxy Highland, Austin
Monday, Jun 11 7:30 PM Santikos Embassy, San Antonio
Monday, Jun 11 7:30 PM AMC Aventura Mall 24, Aventura
Tuesday, Jun 12 7:30 PM AMC Studio 30, Houston
Monday, Jun 18 7:30 PM AMC Altamonte Mall, Altamonte Springs

You going? I'll man up and actually make an effort to watch the first one (sober no less!) if you need a date. *bats eyelashes*

I tried to watch Night Watch once, but I was assfaced, so it didn't make much sense. I'll have to get back at it. The trailer gave me goosebumps, so it is a movie that I must watch.

You going? I'll man up and actually make an effort to watch the first one (sober no less!) if you need a date. *bats eyelashes*
You should come! I mean, its kind of a drive for you but if you're willing. I'm already taking someone with my other pass but you should meet us up there. I can save you a spot in line.

Just wanted to give the heads up that the locations have been expanded...

Tuesday, May 29 7:00 PM AMC West 34th Street 14, New York
Thursday, May 31 7:30 PM Embarcadero Cinema, San Francisco
Thursday, May 31 7:30 PM Arclight Cinemas, Los Angeles
Tuesday, Jun 05 7:00 PM AMC La Jolla, San Diego
Wednesday, Jun 06 7:30 PM Landmark E Street, Washington
Wednesday, Jun 06 7:30 PM Galaxy Highland, Austin
Thursday, Jun 07 7:00 PM Regal Lloyd Center Cinemas, Portland
Monday, Jun 11 7:30 PM Santikos Embassy, San Antonio
Monday, Jun 11 7:30 PM AMC Aventura Mall 24, Aventura
Tuesday, Jun 12 7:30 PM AMC Studio 30, Houston
Tuesday, Jun 12 7:30 PM Tower Theatre, Sacramento
Tuesday, Jun 12 8:00 PM AMC River East , Chicago

61gEgX69rmL._SS500_.jpg

Product Details

Actors: Vladimir Menshov, Valery Zolotukhin, Rimma Markova, Galina Tyunina, Victor Verzhbitsky

Format: AC-3, Color, Dolby, Dubbed, DVD-Video, Subtitled, Widescreen, NTSC

Language: Russian

Region: 1

Number of discs: 1

Rating
unrated._V46912133_.gif

Studio: 20th Century Fox

DVD Release Date: October 30, 2007

Run Time: 145 minutes

As much as I wanted this movie to be the best thing since sliced bread, I enjoyed Night Watch better. Still good and definitely watchable but a tad weaker.

I was disappointed as I love the books, they tried to fit too much into it & screwed around with it where if you didn't read the books you would want to choke everyone that thought about putting this out. The movie had moments but I think because I knew of the characters. Maybe alot was lost in the translayion buttt still, now they've tlked of another & I really would like to be on board, lol, to help them clean up the mess and make it where you could have a serial series of movies like the books.
In order and if you watched this and hated it read and see what the potential was, I loved these:
Titles Order
Night Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko 1
Day Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko 2
Twilight Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko 3
Last Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko 4
The New Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko 5
Sixth Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko 6
The Night Watch Trilogy by Sergej Lukianenko
I still need to find the new watch adn the sixth watch and am pressuring people to help on this

Back