• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Nell

Unending melancholy
Bold Member!
Legendary musician and actor David Bowie passed away today at the age of 69 after an 18 month battle with cancer. Bowie released his latest album, Blackstar, on his birthday, January 8, 2016.

The news was confirmed via David Bowie's official website and social media, as well as his son, director Duncan Jones. The official statement reads, "David Bowie died peacefully today surrounded by his family after a courageous 18 month battle with cancer. While many of you will share in this loss, we ask that you respect the family’s privacy during their time of grief."

http://m.ign.com/articles/2016/01/11/david-bowie-passes-away-at-age-69

Lemmy dying kinda lessens the blow of this, i mean this doesn't even begin to compare. It's like your house burns down and you lose everything in it, and then the next day your car gets a flat tire. The latter would still suck hard, but in light of other recent events, meh, don't quite sting so much.

Still rough stuff for the world of music though.

The great thing about David bowie was how a dude could use him to gauge whether a female had homosexual tendencies. We all want some girl who will experiment for our entertainment, but until Bowie came along it was near impossible to tell if a girl might be game for it or not, then you risk offendin her. But when Bowie started geting weird with it, you just knew a girl HAD to have some kinkier interests if she had the hots for the transvestite fuck. Good deal all around.

Damn fine actor too, wish he had been in more stuff. Prob watch the Labrynth later, even though it's the creepist movie ever made(good lord the bulge, and good lord why are Jennifer connolys tits so fucking massive, constant battle reminding onesself she's only like 15 in it).

And Angus Scrimm, who played one of the greatest villains in horror movie history(Tallman in the Phantasm series) died yesterday or the day before. Bad stretch for older school quality entertainment all around.

I'm not a Bowie fan but still acknowledge his influence and impact on the music scene. He will never be forgotten. And, like Jack said, the guy was a very good actor. My condolences to all.

I didn't know he served as a litmus test for guys wondering if a woman went both ways though...cool!

ETA: It's now about six hours later, and I see my niece has been gushing on Facebook about how much she loves him...umm...err...I had my suspicions, but...hmm.

Last edited:
I couldn't believe I had forgotten he had cancer until I read that he hadn't announced it. He was, indeed, quite a remarkable man.

Weiland, Lemmy, Bowie, and now Frey. We need to declare a day where nobody dies. Anybody with me? Okay, not that we can, but I wish we could.

Last edited:
Back