• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Morbid

Rooster Illusion
Staff member
Over the next few whatevers, I am going to try and put together an index linking to the top Crime Films that any crime lover should check out. If you want to help put it together, simply post a movie (crime or action orientated) and I will get it indexed here.

Why am I doing this? No reason, really. Just something to do that may be useful later.

B
Bully (2001)

C
City of God (2002)

D
The Dead Girl (2006)

G
Gone Baby Gone (2007)
Goodfellas (1990)

H
Heavenly Creatures (1994)

P
Pulp Fiction (1994)

R
River's Edge (1986)

S
The Shawshank Redemption (1994)

Smilla's Sense of Snow (1997)

T
The Taking of Pelham One Two Three (1974)

Z
Zodiac (2007)

Last edited:
Damn, I love a good intense Crime Movie:

Remember "Dog Day Afternoon" with Al Pacino...damn fine movie.
"Snatch" with Brad Pitt
"Pulp Fiction" with John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson
"To Kill A Mockingbird" with Gregory Peck (an all time favorite movie)
"48 Hours" with Nick Nolte and Eddie Murphy
"Fargo" with Frances McDormand and William H. Macy
"The Maltese Falcon" (another old favorite) with Humphrey Bogart

Why am I doing this? No reason, really. Just something to do that may be useful later.
Pish-posh. You've run out of ideas for the draft, so you're getting everyone else to help. I can see right through your shit, transparent boy. :p

The All-Genre Draft is too easy. Way too many good movies to pick. In the span of time of movie making, you could easily grab 360 worthy movies. Easily. I actually like the Horror draft better, but I like all the drafts.

Some not yet mentioned:

And Justice For All
Bad Boys I and II
Boiler Room
City of God
Confidence
Deacons For Defense
French Connection I and II
Godfather Trilogy (yes, part III included)
Goodfellas
Grand Slam
Green Mile
Jackie Brown
Layer Cake
Memento
Reservoir Dogs
Sting, The
Straw Dogs
Training Day
Transporter, The
Usual Suspects

Looks like Gprime already mentioned it but Layer Cake really needs an entry here. It's by far the best of the British crime flicks.

Looks like Gprime already mentioned it but Layer Cake really needs an entry here. It's by far the best of the British crime flicks.

Yeah, no doubt. If anyone wants to help out, simply make an individual post on any of the films. You don't have to copy my format or anything, I just want an index of crime films so that if this forum ever gets busy, we will have a slew of movies already posted and ready to discuss if anyone wants.

I'll get them added to this index, and ultimately, a database of our own.

Latest posts

Back