• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Jaded

Staff member
op76fn.jpg

epfw37.jpg

CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. -- Police in Clarksville have arrested a woman in the death of her infant daughter who was left in a hot car on Tuesday.

City police said Courtni Lee Nichols, 24, of Palmyra left her 3-month-old baby, Faith, in her car, parked at a restaurant while she went next door to the Yes Deer Lounge and went drinking. Nichols was later charged with first-degree murder. According to court documents, Nichols told police that Faith had been in the car for more than six hours.

Authorities were called late Tuesday afternoon about the unresponsive child. According to a police affidavit, Nichols visited at least two bars on Tuesday while the child was in the car from 10:15 a.m. until 4:50 p.m. The child's temperature was 103.8 degrees when she arrived at Gateway Hospital. She was pronounced dead on arrival.

Nichols was being held in the Montgomery County Jail with no bond. Her first court date is set for July 16.

http://www.wsmv.com/news/16828952/detail.html?subid=10106691#-

Stupid murdering fuckin cow! :angry:

Last edited:
6 fucking hours??!! I can't remember a time I ever spent 6 straight hours at a bar unless it was with a group of friends for a specific celebration.

And where the hell is that thing's chin?

What a beautiful baby.

How the fuck is it that people are still doing this when they know that hot car=dead baby?

I am guessing that the charge of first degree murder is based on the fact that any moron knows not to leave a baby in alone in a car, much less a hot car for six hours!

Mom was probably looking to pick up a dick. I guess if that had happened, poor little Faith would have been on here at another time, the victim of child abuse or a fatal brain bleed. Poor baby.

I have NEVER wanted a drink that bad, been desperate for a piece of ass, or been that lonely.

That egg carton cunt is either a raging alcoholic, a brainless twit, or a pathetic loser. I suspect all three.

I really hope this story gets a lot of press- that baby was adorable and maybe if people see (and remember) her face then this kind of thing won't happen as much! There is no excuse for this child's death. I only hope that her mother is haunted until her dying day with thoughts and guilt of what she did to this defenseless, angelic little girl.

What a horrible way to die. How scary to die alone and unwanted (forgotten).

That cow-cunt was probably in the bars to troll for a penis when she should've been at home rocking her baby. I hate people.

Wow, what a sad story... She was a beautiful baby... and why the fuck did she name her Faith if she obviously didn't give a damn about that little one?

.... Again I am glad I didn't name Nadezdha Hope and that is just the meaning of her name... So very glad. Those names seem to be a death sentence for children.

Awwwwww. I am so upset to thinking how the baby suffered the terrible death. This kind of people who did this shit, deserves have hot iron burning on to their eyes...

The courtroom was filled with the reserved sobs of Cortni Lee Nichols and her family members as the jury read the verdict Thursday evening.

Nichols, 26, was found guilty as charged of aggravated child neglect and the lesser-included charge of second-degree murder for the death of her 3-month-old daughter, Faith Ann Nichols, whom she left inside of a hot car on July 8, 2008.
[...]

The trial began on Monday and proved to be an emotional and difficult case for many involved, including the sequestered jury who deliberated from 8:30 a.m. to almost 5 p.m. on Thursday.
[...]

Charles Bloodworth, assistant public defender, said Nichols is facing a minimum of 15 years and a maximum of 50 years in prison and will not be eligible for parole.
[...]
http://www.theleafchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=20107230321

From the trial:
[...]
Anderson told the jury Nichols gave police two stories when her baby was found dead in the back seat of her car.

Anderson said when Nichols was taken to the major crimes unit that day she told police her daughter had not been in her care prior to her death.

"She said the child had been with the grandmother and she returned to Dodge's Chicken Store to drop the child off with the baby-sitter and found she wasn't breathing," Anderson said.

Upon further investigation, Anderson said police found the child had not been in the care of Nichols' mother.

When questioned again, Nichols gave a different statement, admitting she left Faith in the car while she socialized at the Yes Deer Lounge.

Nichols wrote in a three-page statement that she left her parent's house between 10:15 and 10:20 a.m., and went to the Yes Deer Lounge to check her schedule.

"Faith was sleeping in the back seat so I drank a beer and chatted," Nichols wrote.

She said she checked on the child at 10:45 a.m.- 10:50 a.m, and Faith was asleep and still breathing so she went back into the bar and socialized some more.

"I lost track of time," Nichols wrote. Nichols said she fed her daughter and changed her diaper when she went to check on her and said she continued to check on her in 30-minute intervals. Each time she noted Faith was asleep and fine.

Nichols said the windows in the car where half way down, but the air conditioning did not work. When she went to hand Faith to her baby-sitter, Tabitha Parker, she noticed she wasn't breathing.
[...]

Anderson also testified that surveillance tapes obtained from Dodge's Chicken Store only showed someone going to Nichols' car one time at about 11:10 a.m.

Dr. Malcolm Steele testified at 5:20 p.m. Faith arrived at Gateway Medical Center's emergency room.

"She was in cardiac arrest; the child was completely lifeless, she had no signs of life ... she was DOA," Steele said. "Her body temperature was 103.8 Fahrenheit. She looked horrible; she had many areas of peeling skin; her skin was an abnormal texture consistent with severe dehydration. Her skin was loose and had peeled away."

A photo of the dead baby was shown to the jury, and a quiet shock swept the courtroom.

Nichols did not look at the photo but simply covered her mouth as she had several times throughout the day.
[...]

A lengthy video showing footage from that day at the bar was shown to the jury. Nichols coming into the bar, going to talk to the bartender then later sitting at a table socializing and at a few points leaving to go outside. During the course of the video Nichols seems to be very involved in the conversation making many hand gestures.

The tape lasted at least two hours.

Watts testified that he and Nichols left the Yes Deer and went to the Speakeasy, another bar. They also visited Enterprise Car Rental so he could exchange cars. He also testified that while the defendant had beers at both bars, she never appeared drunk. He also told the court, that she never mentioned the baby in the car back at Yes Deer Lounge.

"She said she had to leave because she had to pick up Faith at the baby-sitter and then she asked me if she could borrow $20 for diapers and formula for the baby," Watts said.

Watts said he was devastated when he learned the baby had been in the car the whole time, and was found dead.
http://www.theleafchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=20107210327

Why did it take two years to bring this to trial? How simple could this case be? FFS, this female was dead to rights on video tapes. Busy acting like she was a free and unencumbered woman, not a responsible mother. So the videos show her getting up and going out several times, but the outdoor videos don't show her. What she did was go out for a smoke and stay in the shade of the building. Probably didn't see movement in her car and happily assumed baby was asleep, if she thought about her at all.

Who, besides Cheryl Crow, goes and sits in a bar all day? Bumming money from guys. Way to manage your money. Was someone else fooled into thinking she was at work all that time?

Back