• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
Mother drives with toddler under the influence, causes three car crash
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. - A young St. Petersburg mother lost custody of her child after getting her fourth DUI, driving with her 2-year-old under the influence and causing a three car accident Thursday afternoon.

Upon arrival, officers found Colleen Ludlow holding her 2-year-old daughter and spotted an empty bottle of Skol Vodka and two empty beer bottles in her car.

Ludlow said that her child was secured in a child restraint seat at the time of the accident and officials say there was a child restraint seat in the back of the car.

Officers say that Ludlow, who turned 22 last week, was driving her Mercury westbound on 22 Avenue South when she jumped the curb, then veered towards a Nissan, which was stopped facing south at the intersection of 42nd Street South.

Ludlow’s car then veered into 81-year-old’s Hyacinth Capehart’s Honda, which was travelling east.

Capehart was taken to Bayfront Medical Center and was found to have spinal injuries. The two occupants of the Nissan were taken to Bayfront Medical Center, but they were later released.
Ludlow and her child were unharmed, but Ludlow was taken into custody due to signs of intoxication.

Officers later learned that Ludlow had three previous DUI arrests and her license was previously suspended.
She was taken to police headquarters for testing, but she refused to do a breath test and blood sample extraction.
Ludlow has been charged with DUI involving serious bodily injury, child abuse, driving with a suspended/revoked license, careless driving and a safety belt violation.
[...]
http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...r-under-the-influence,-causes-three-car-crash
35kr43q.jpg
Colleen Ludlow​

I have been sober for over three years now.
Congratulations. I have over 3 years clean myself (drug addict).

I hope for many, many more sober years ahead for you. But even you have to admit that the actions that have you featured here were incredibly stupid and reckless, no? I pray that you have learned from your mistakes and don't repeat history.

My sincerest congratulations and best wishes toward many more years of sobriety.

Ummm

Why would you bump this just to tell strangers you're clean now? I would want to forget this incident happened, not bring it to everyone's attention.

But congrats I guess.

three years clean!!!!

How's the 81 year old with spinal injuries that you hit?

I personally would like to hear that first, before I ask about you.

Once I hear your victims are healed and compensated and your kids are happy and healthy, I'll give you my sincerest congratulations.

If y'all would like to burn me at the stake, fine. But a little research is simple.

I have zero sympathy for some chick who comes bragging about her 3 years clean. Let's look at the dates.

She was arrested in Dec 2010. Sentenced in Feb 2012, served her jail time until Feb 2014.
Is on felony probation with the state until 2016.

I'm no mathematician, but Feb 2012 to now, 3 years. That tells me she was bailed out and was still drinking before she was sentenced. Really learned her lesson. I'm sure she just needed a drink to go visit the elderly person she smashed into. She was sober during jail, and gets tested now.

Come brag after 2016 Colleen.

People who drive drunk are a huge pet peeve of mine, especially when she made zero mention of her victims. And 4 DUIs by the time she was 22? I changed my mind. You won't get shit from me.

Color me harsh, but u lost any sympathy from me after the first DUI when u continued.

And your selfishness posting about only yourself here just adds to my disgust. I pray to some deity you have no license for a long time, on behalf of the great state of Florida.

ETA: oops, the suspension of your license didn't stop you from driving drunk with ur kid in ur car during this event (which u were convicted of). Why would it stop you now?

Last edited:
If y'all would like to burn me at the stake, fine. But a little research is simple...

I agree with you. Incidentally, drunk driving is my #2 pet peeve (after texting while driving). My first wife was an alcoholic who drove drunk all the time, and at times with our then-three year old daughter in the car. Once, she went off the road and totaled the passenger side of the car - where my daughter would have been sitting if she hadn't been with me. That period of my life was the most dire, unbearable period of Hell I've ever spent anywhere - until my 2nd wife came along, she was insane and even worse.

No burning at the stake for you. You know we love you.

<3

I'm no mathematician, but Feb 2012 to now, 3 years. That tells me she was bailed out and was still drinking before she was sentenced. Really learned her lesson. I'm sure she just needed a drink to go visit the elderly person she smashed into. She was sober during jail, and gets tested now.
Much thanks Fo, I appreciate your research.

So, @colleen ludlow , I was the first to congratulate you because I have an incredible soft spot for those in recovery. But now with the research I see that you got clean because the State made you. Awesome. Way to take control of YOUR life and YOUR problem.

While I continue to wish you the best going forward, come brag to me when YOU realize you hit rock bottom and YOU get yourself sober. Basically, come talk to me after the State isn't on your ass and tell me how long you've been sober because my number still stands with having never been in any legal trouble.

You fucked up lives, still drank and now want congrats because you don't drink? You don't drink because you'll go to jail, big deal. When it's YOUR choice to stay sober without the threat of jail and/or prison time over your head then chat with me.

But @BostonBurns does have a good point.

(hangs head in shame) I'm just curious.
@BostonBurns

You two give her a few (17) swigs of Skol Vodka and u just might get your wish!

1. Please give her a ride a home and don't let her drive.
2. Please keep that mess in private messages.

:muted:

:hungover: (is this the hangover smilie, I think?) Appropriate.

Last edited:
I have a soft spot for those in recovery as well, though I am not a recovering addict or alcoholic, I just date them & was raised by one :). For an alcoholic 3 years is HUGE! Yes drunk driving is deplorable, yes there are victims who will never be the same, and that is criminal just as much as it is tragic. But those are the things that will fill an alcoholic with shame and guilt and cause them to turn back to the bottle if their support system is not in place (I am not making excuses for them, this is how it works). 3 years is in many ways a long time, but in other ways it is very new.
Colleen, if you are reading this, you have made a huge step and put a lot of work into your recovery (for whatever reason you started, you are here today). You are a better person than you were because of it. When you chose to reach out to your sponsor, your higher power, and people in the program instead of reaching for the bottle, you are bringing more love into the world, to your children, to yourself. You are no longer creating more victims or risking anyone's life. Hold onto that. Your past does not define you.
People may think I am excusing what happened. I am not. I will support anyone who is working to make a change and at the end of the day I want to avoid seeing more of these stories in the news as does everyone else.

Much thanks Fo, I appreciate your research.

So, @colleen ludlow , I was the first to congratulate you because I have an incredible soft spot for those in recovery. But now with the research I see that you got clean because the State made you. Awesome. Way to take control of YOUR life and YOUR problem.

While I continue to wish you the best going forward, come brag to me when YOU realize you hit rock bottom and YOU get yourself sober. Basically, come talk to me after the State isn't on your ass and tell me how long you've been sober because my number still stands with having never been in any legal trouble.

You fucked up lives, still drank and now want congrats because you don't drink? You don't drink because you'll go to jail, big deal. When it's YOUR choice to stay sober without the threat of jail and/or prison time over your head then chat with me.

For an alcoholic 3 years is HUGE!
I hit 3 years clean on 1/24/15. My husband hit 2 years clean 9/19/14. My mother is still an addict today.

It's the road I've walked, a lot.

And while I commend her for being sober now, she continued to drink after the accident and conveniently got sober when the threat of jail is hanging over her head, the real test for her comes when there is no PO involved and she can live her life however she chooses.

Well now.
Regardless of the timeline of her sobriety, I did find it refreshing to see something other than "fuck you!", "only God can judge me", " the media got it all wrong", or " gucskc cub vj HDV hi I he thy if!!!!!????!!!".

I know we aren't the most forgiving bunch around here, Colleen, but despite that, I am proud of you. Keep up the good work and make it up to your family by doing so.
Congrats :)

It seems you still can't own up to your alcoholism because you just "disagreed" with the original news article. o_O You need to own the legacy of your alcoholism in order to learn from your mistakes. This didn't happen TO you by some strange accident. You MADE it happen because it is a part of who you are. By the very fact you come on this site and go wheee! "Three years clean!" and not even bothering to mention anything resembling responsibility over the accident you just disagreed with shows me you have a lot of growing and maturing to do.

Too bad you can't seek forgiveness from Ms. Capehart because she died last year.
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sptimes/obituary.aspx?n=hyacinth-e-capehart&pid=171616036

I too am a recovering drug addict (21 months, nothing too special) but that's beside the point, really.

It's strange to confront someone who will eventually reintegrate into society and whose crimes will fade into the grey of some new event causing mass hysteria, but I guess the bottom line is the victims of crime especially the disabled or deceased will never reintegrate, they will never know what tomorrow may bring - may they be at rest.

Reminds me of some douchebag kid who got into a car accident with this friend, his friend who is now missing a good portion of his frontal lobe and drooling in a wheelchair... Shit is serious man, life on lifes terms - it's not cool to get wasted and drive your shit around.

P.S. I hope those kids are better off without you. :laser:

I am pleased and happy with Ms. Ludlow's allegedly 3 year period of sobriety.
However, do not expect pat on the backs for what you should be doing anyway.
That's the thing about some people. They want credit for what they should be doing in the first place. I know I should not drink and drive. So I don't. I pay my bills. Big fucking deal. I do not expect a pat on the back.

I'm not condoning anything she did, nor am I cutting her any slack for her victims or her selfishness, but I'm not going to dis the broad because it took prison to sober her up. I've know more than a few people who could never kick their drug problems until they got a good, long prison sentence.

With that being said, her waltzing in here blowing her own horn about her continued sobriety, and not an ounce of contrition nor ownership of the original story gives me concern for a continuous sobriety once the justice system is through with her. I hope for the best.

too am a recovering drug addict (21 months, nothing too special)
Um, excuse me? Nothing too special? Every moment clean is special! Shout that at the top your lungs and be proud, you've earned it!:kiss:

Welcome to the club and the Demon, I'm not sure that I said "hey" on your intro thread.

Um, excuse me? Nothing too special? Every moment clean is special! Shout that at the top your lungs and be proud, you've earned it!:kiss:

Welcome to the club and the Demon, I'm not sure that I said "hey" on your intro thread.

Aw, thanks. I don't mean to take any glory away from the other recovering persons in this thread - but again, thanks. :D

At the age of 22 she's a drunkard so probably been drinking since her early teens to get that way.... wonder what kind of fuckery she's been through to drink like that. Shes a dumb selfish bitch for hurting and putting others at risk no matter what

25 years, 9 months, 3 weeks and 5 days. Have you taken the 4th and 5th? I'm glad you're clean and sober. Just remember, yesterday's sobriety will not keep you sober today.

My love and admiration to every clean/sober person here! We are combat vets of the same war; fought in different places at different times, but we all carry the same scars.

She isn't sober. Maybe while in jail and probation but not anymore. She drinks and uses drugs. She has had a second child and has lost custody of both of them now.

Thank you for the update, intheknow, even though it's pretty sad. I'm not sorry for her; just her children.

Back