• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

everjaded

ಠ_ಠ
Bold Member!
Mugshot at link also. For the life of me I can't get it to upload here to post it. Tried like 4 times. :confused:

1527427256017.jpg

A Florida woman was rescued Friday after she slipped a note to a veterinarian saying she needed help because her armed boyfriend was beating and threatening her, police said.
Jeremy Floyd, 39, was arrested after allegedly holding his girlfriend, Carolyn Reichle, captive in their home in Volusia County for two days, the Volusia County Sheriff's Office said. The alleged incident began Wednesday when the 28-year-old woman said Floyd repeatedly beat her and threatened her at gunpoint. At one point, they struggled over a handgun that fired inside the house.
Reichle spent the Thursday recovering from a head injury. The next day while thinking of an escape plan, she convinced Floyd, a convicted felon, to allow her to bring her dog to the DeLand Animal Hospital, police said. Floyd insisted on going with her.
“On the drive to the vet, Floyd reportedly again pointed the gun at Reichle, threatening to kill her and her family,” police said.
Fearing for her life, Reichle was able to slip a note to a vet that read: "Call the cops. My boyfriend is threatening me. He has a gun. Please don't let him know."
The vet called police, who responded and took Floyd into custody. Authorities also recovered a handgun.
Reichle was taken to the hospital and treated for her injuries that included a head wound, a black eye and bruises, according to the sheriff's office. Authorities also discovered two bullet holes inside the couple’s home.
Floyd was charged with domestic violence -- aggravated assault with a firearm, false imprisonment, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, possession of ammunition by a convicted felon and simple battery, police said.

LINK

What I a douchebag... I wonder what set him off?

I would guess drugs. He has a pretty healthy rap sheet in Volusia County for possession, intent to sell, grand theft motor vehicle, etc.

Not the guy I'd be shacking up with, but hey, there's someone out there for everyone, I suppose.

Until she outsmarted his stupid ass! Thank you, Totemic, for this lead.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/volusi...ive-boyfriend-slips-note-veterinary-employee/
688x387

Florida authorities say a woman who was beaten and held captive for two days at gunpoint by her boyfriend escaped when she convinced him bring their dog to an animal hospital - and then slipped a note to a staff member. CBS affiliate WKMG-TV, citing the Volusia County Sheriff's Office, reports that 39-year-old Jeremy Floyd was arrested at DeLand Animal Hospital. He is being held without bond on domestic violence and other charges.

Officials said that while at the hospital, the victim slipped a note to a staff member that said "Call the cops. My boyfriend is threatening me. He has a gun. Please don't let him know."
note-crop-640x360-000.jpg

[....]
Floyd beat the woman Wednesday and refused to let her leave their home. Two days later, she convinced Floyd to let her take their dog to a veterinarian, although he wouldn't let her go alone.

Investigators said that there were two bullet holes in the hallway of the home where the alleged violence took place, WKMG reported.

Deputies said they arrested Floyd on charges of aggravated assault with a firearm, false imprisonment, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, possession of ammunition by a convicted felon and simple battery.

It's unclear whether Floyd has retained an attorney.

Last edited:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...yd-pretrial-violation-20180530-story,amp.html
DeLand man who was arrested after a woman slipped a note at a veterinarian’s office pleading to be rescued faces additional charges after authorities say he called his victim at least 16 times since he was jailed.

Jeremy Floyd, 39, was arrested Friday at DeLand Animal Hospital, after a woman passed a note to staff asking them for help.
[....]
As part of his pretrial release conditions, Floyd was prohibited from contacting the victim. However, she told deputies that Floyd called her nearly 50 times since he was jailed, Volusia Sheriff’s spokesman Andrew Gant said.

Deputies say they checked the Volusia County jail’s phone system and confirmed that Floyd called her at least 16 times. He left a voicemail admitting to and apologizing for the abuse, the Sheriff’s Office said.

“I understand you’re upset with me,” he said in the voicemail. “I’m sorry. I know you’re upset with me and I apologize about what I did to you. I’ll make it up to you. I apologize and I love you.”

He’s being held without bond on the pre-trial condition violation.

Back