• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I have absolutely no sympathy for you.
Under Michigan law marijuana is listed as a Schedule I controlled substance. Possession of any amount is a misdemeanor which is punishable by a maximum sentence of 1 year imprisonment and a maximum fine of $2,000.
Not asking for sympathy, whatsoever.
Michigan is also a state which allows the use of medical marijuana if you take proper steps to acquire a medical marijuana card. Which I have, for anxiety, as the medications I were initially prescribed caused me to become suicidal.
Now that I am aware that the marijuana is causing me to be sick, I have completely stopped. I will not ever smoke again, if that's what gives me relief from being sick, and seek other avenues for my anxiety issues.

Last edited:
15,000 IU Vit D3 daily has helped me with anxiety and depression as did meditation. Really, it's a whole body thing and we're still just beginning to realize the role played by, say, gut bacteria in functions you wouldn't even think are related to digestion. They communicate with our brain, so you can see how an imbalance below could cause an imbalance above.

You're intelligent and motivated, so I think you will find the way to wholeness. That's what we're all dealing with whether we realize it or not. We're fractured and need to put all of our pieces back together again.

Not asking for sympathy, whatsoever.
Michigan is also a state which allows the use of medical marijuana if you take proper steps to acquire a medical marijuana card. Which I have, for anxiety, as the medications I were initially prescribed caused me to become suicidal.
Now that I am aware that the marijuana is causing me to be sick, I have completely stopped. I will not ever smoke again, if that's what gives me relief from being sick, and seek other avenues for my anxiety issues.

Have you tried sun exposure?

Your body may need more sunlight to boost seratonin levels. I try to get 20 mins a day outdoors without sunblock. Arms, legs, face, whatever.....

It isn’t long enough to burn you and it has helped not just my anxiety but I also fall asleep much easier at night. <3

https://www.healthline.com/health/depression/benefits-sunlight

ETA: you needn’t “sunbathe”, just exercise outdoors or go for a short walk! :)

Last edited:
Have you tried sun exposure?

Your body may need more sunlight to boost seratonin levels. I try to get 20 mins a day outdoors without sunblock. Arms, legs, face, whatever.....

It isn’t long enough to burn you and it has helped not just my anxiety but I also fall asleep much easier at night. <3

https://www.healthline.com/health/depression/benefits-sunlight

ETA: you needn’t “sunbathe”, just exercise outdoors or go for a short walk! :)

I work outdoors, so I do get my fair share of sun, but I only work in the summer. I do notice the anxiety and depression worsens in the winter months.

Last edited:
I work outdoors, so I do get my fair share of sun, but I only work in the summer. I do notice the anxiety and depression worsens in the winter months.

That's very common. It's called "Seasonal Affective Disorder" or SAD. In countries closer to the Arctic Circle, where there are way fewer daylight hours in winter, people stand under UV lamps to combat depression and sleep disorders.

https://www.webmd.com/depression/tc/light-therapy-topic-overview

I think this is cool beans:

I was going to set up a LED work light on a timer as an adjunct to my alarm clock to see if using it would help lift my mood during the winter.

LED for two reasons: first, it would be more efficient than an equally bright halogen light; second, the color temperature would be greater, meaning more blue light.

--Al

I think it is something contaminating the weed they are talking about as I have never heard of it before&been around habitual pot smokers as well as people that have used it medically
I knew a guy with this in high school. Its real. Two hits left him semiconscious over the toilet for 4 hours.

I knew a guy with this in high school. Its real. Two hits left him semiconscious over the toilet for 4 hours.

My old roomate was allergic to weed. He got the sweats and vomited every time. He eventually decided not to smoke any more weed.

I suffer from chronic pain, so I went to the Hospital's pain clinic. They gave me opiates (hydromorphone) and I was hooked. Took me 3 days and nights of hell to detox. Never again.
I now have a MM card and only smoke at night to help me sleep...it's been a life saver for me...your mileage may vary.
Remember the 3 strikes law they enacted years ago? getting caught 3x with a joint and you were a lifer. A whole generation of African American men lost their freedom over a couple joints....sad.
Peoples opinions may vary...but having Marijuana listed as a schedule 1 drug is beyond ludicrous!
[doublepost=1516493612,1516493209][/doublepost]The reason Alcohol and cigarettes are still around, even if the pack says you will die right on it, are the damn lobbyists in Washington greasing all the right palms.

Last edited:
Back