• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/prices-corner-delaware-5-people-dead-inside-home-today-2018-07-10/
[....]
CBS Philadelphia reports that a neighbor says a boy, who was supposed to stay at the home, discovered the bodies, at the residence on the 2700 block of Ferris Road around 7:30 p.m.

"A neighbor said she watched him get out of a red truck, go inside the house and then rush right back out, so apparently he had to have found them 'cause no one else was around," said neighbor Alisha Garvin.

State Police Sgt. Richard Bratz tells news outlets that officers were called out Monday night to the home in Prices Corner. Police discovered the bodies of a 42-year-old man, a 41-year-old woman and three children all younger than 8 years old.

All five were found upstairs inside the residence. Their bodies have been taken to Delaware's Division of Forensic Science for autopsies. Their names are being withheld while relatives are notified.

"The Delaware State Police Homicide Unit is continuing their investigation into this incident.
[....]

News video at the link.

salhHq0.jpg

Forty-two-year-old Matthew Edwards, his wife 41-year-old Julie Burton Edwards, and their children, 6-year-old Jacob, 4-year-old Brinley, and 3-year-old Paxton, were found shot to death in the second floor of the home.
Police say Matthew Edwards died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound, and the deaths have been ruled a murder-suicide.
A longtime neighbor who wished to remain anonymous says he spoke to Matthew on Sunday; he said the father of three had been emotional about work and marital issues. The neighbor consoled him and told Matthew to "just worry about your kids."
"I loved those kids so much, and I loved her. I can't believe what happened," said Sarah Umeroglu.

She had been friends with Julie Burton Edwards for six years. Their children were close in age and they met in a local mother's group.

Umeroglu said Edwards was very active as a volunteer in a national organization, the Williams Syndrome Association, and her oldest child had endured a couple of heart surgeries.

The disease causes development and cognitive delays, according to the association's website.

"She was in and out of doctor's appointments all the time for him. She would have done anything for those kids," said Umeroglu. "Anything."

She said Matthew Edwards had always seemed to be a guy on an even keel. His job kept him out of town quite a bit, and lately Julie Edwards indicated there was some kind of strain in the marriage.

"He seemed like a very nice, calm, laid-back guy. I never would have expected this from him," said Umeroglu.

Julie Burton Edwards had recently lost a lot of weight, some 50 to 60 pounds Umeroglu's estimate.

"She worked really hard, she was eating right, getting up with the kids, going to the park," said Umeroglu. "I don't think he was happy about that."
i7FAMoT.jpg

http://6abc.com/police-man-killed-wife-3-children-then-himself-in-prices-corner/3734627/

Poor kid seeing that waking nightmare.
Let the therapy start before the self medicating does

Neighbors say that dad apparently lost his job recently & was having ‘marital issues’, but that the family had been seen over the weekend playing together in the backyard.
Just senseless & sad!

AB293_F37-084_C-49_F9-_BDF0-25960_ABD1_F8_F.jpg

The deceased have been identified as 42-year-old Matthew Edwards, 41-year-old Julie Burton Edwards and their children, Jacob (6), Brinley(4), and Paxton (3)

Back