• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/aubrey-jayce-carroll-found-georgia-teen-video-sheriff/
A Georgia boy who was 15 when he walked out of his high school and disappeared two years ago has been found, and a sheriff says "all indications" are that he's been "happy and thriving." The sheriff says Aubrey Jayce Carroll, now 17, has been living under an alias as a barterer, using only cash to travel the western United States.

Spalding County Sheriff Darrell Dix said in a Tuesday statement to news outlets that they wanted to arrange a reunion without sending Aubrey back into hiding, but their plan was spoiled by a family member who warned Aubrey.

The young man then contacted his mother in Griffin, Georgia, but their reunion was on his terms, including whom he spoke with and where he stayed.

Aubrey appeared with Dix in a video posted to the sheriff's Facebook page on Tuesday.
[....]
Dix asked Aubrey if he had anything to say to the people who have been praying and looking for him since he disappeared.

"I'd like to tell y'all thank y'all so much for all your prayers and looking out for my momma," Aubrey said. "I appreciate y'all so much. I'm all right. I'm OK. I've been smiling, and y'all should do the same."

What a little asshole. He had to of realized his momma was worried about him, he could have let her know he was alive and well.

What a little asshole. He had to of realized his momma was worried about him, he could have let her know he was alive and well.
she was probably a large part of the problem or condoning,covering, rationalizing and living with it

Barterer?
That 21st century code for hobo?
Kid sounds like a selfish wanker who wants to be left alone and forgotten.
Done and done!

It would have been nice if he had just sent a postcard to mom now and then.
Give it to a fellow barterer travelling in the opposite direction and ask them to post it in another place. Muddies the trail, let's family know you're not dead.

Or just contacting the sheriff’s office from a pay phone to let them know they don’t have to keep looking for a body.

If I were the sheriff, that relative who interfered would be getting a parking ticket every time they’re in town.

Back