• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/04/1...nurse-confessed-in-deaths-babies.html?ref=yfp

SAN ANTONIO – A Texas prosecutor says an imprisoned former nurse who authorities believe could be responsible for the deaths of up to 60 children has confessed in the past to killing children in her care.

Bexar (bayr) County prosecutor Jason Goss revealed the confessions Wednesday during a court hearing for 67-year-old Genene Jones.

Goss says Jones told a parole board in 1998 that she injected children. He says Jones in another instance told a board member that, "I really did kill those babies."

Jones has served decades in prison following her murder conviction in 1984. She was scheduled to be released last month, but prosecutors filed additional murder charges, citing new evidence.

She has pleaded not guilty to those charges. Her attorney, Cornelius Cox, wasn't immediately available Thursday to comment on Goss' claims.

Even as an RN, how did she get to use those drugs that were not ordered. I am an RN and we couldn't just give any patient anything that was not ordered. And even if it was ordered, we had to get it out of the locked drug cupboard and sign off on it with a witness who had read the order.

Even as an RN, how did she get to use those drugs that were not ordered. I am an RN and we couldn't just give any patient anything that was not ordered. And even if it was ordered, we had to get it out of the locked drug cupboard and sign off on it with a witness who had read the order.

This would be at least partly because of cases like this.

I think, in at least, the doctor's office that she work at after she worked in the hospital, there was lax management and oversight. The doctor admitted it herself in the book that I read, that there should have been more oversight, but she trusted her, now I'm sure she doesn't trust anyone.

A former Texas nurse suspected of killing dozens of children decades ago received a life sentence Thursday after pleading guilty to killing an 11-month-old boy in the 1980s.

Genene Jones, 69, was initially supposed to be released from prison in 2018 under a mandatory release law in place when she was convicted in 1984 for killing a child and giving an overdose to another.
However, prosecutors in 2017 filed five new murder charges against her for childhood deaths in the early 1980s. Her sentence will ensure she dies in prison, prosecutors said Thursday.

“With this plea, the odds are she will take her last breath in prison,” prosecutor Catherine Babbitt said after the hearing in San Antonio.

She will be eligible for parole in 18 years, when she will be 87.

Back