• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...egness-jailed-glassing-man-hard-lost-eye.html
4C20E01A00000578-5720949-image-m-24_1526121224857.jpg

[....]
Amy Coleman, 30, got into an argument Carl Benham in the Marine Boathouse in Skegness, Lincolnshire, on February 25 last year.
Coleman then pushed a pint glass into the victim's face with such force that the glass exploded, a court heard.

Doctors had to remove Mr Benham's eye following the attack.

As a result he lost his job as a seasonal worker and is now homeless and unable to drive.

Coleman became pregnant while awaiting trial and is due to give birth on May 25.

Coleman, of Wrangle, Lincolnshire, denied carrying out the attack but was found guilty of inflicting grievous bodily harm with intent. She was jailed for nine years at Lincoln Crown Court on Friday.

Judge John Pini QC said: 'The tragic reality is that Mr Benham has suffered grievously and a substantial custodial sentence is a tragedy for your children.
'I bear in mind particularly the effect this sentence will have on your children and your as yet unborn child. There are no winners in this case. Only losers.'

Prosecutor Siward James-Moore said the attack happened after Coleman, whom he described as 'a very angry woman', confronted Mr Benham, who was out celebrating his 30th birthday.

Mr Benham briefly left the venue to get some money and when he returned found his way to the bar blocked, the jury heard.
Mr James-Moore said: 'She was shouting at him. He accepts that he shouted back at her.
[....]
Two witnesses told the jury that the glass was thrown by a woman in a black strappy top, which matched the description of Coleman.

Coleman later told police that she did not assault Mr Benham and did not witness the incident in which he lost his eye.

In evidence Coleman told the jury: 'I was being gobby. He was giving me as good back. 'I was really close to him. The bouncer and Mr Benham's friend were between us.'
She denied she then glassed Mr Benham and said: 'I remember the bouncer was there. I just heard a gasp.
[....]
'Any sentence will hit this young woman very, very badly.

'What she did that night was appalling but it was a single blow, it was out of character and it was an isolated incident. 'There was no pre-meditation. I ask you to pass as merciful a sentence as you can.'

The court was told Mr Benham continues to suffer headaches and is awaiting a further hospital operation. During the trial he said: 'I knew my face was cut. I couldn't see. It flapped all my cheek open. I lost the eye. It's gone.'

Speaking after the sentencing, he said: 'I know I shouldn't but I feel guilty. 'She (the attacker) is going to have a baby and probably spend just a couple of weeks with it and then go to jail for a long time. I have kids and I just feel bad. 'I wish it was me going to jail because I'm at rock bottom - I have no job and I've lost my home.
'Every day I have to ring round to see whose sofa I can stay on that night - at least if I was in jail I'd have a bed.'

Mr Benham says he has suffered depression since the attack.
4C21657D00000578-5720949-image-m-39_1526123227789.jpg

4C21859F00000578-5720949-image-a-38_1526123188272.jpg

[....]

Jesus. What he said at her sentencing is heartbreaking.

I’m not saying he can sue being a seasonal worker, maybe he physically can’t do that job anymore, but really? There are no services or programs out there to help this victim of an alcohol fueled attack, which he isn’t responsible for, regardless of whether he had a smart mouth or not.

It’s the UK, they house (independantly) and support people who don’t work for a myriad of reasons. I guess I hope there’s some backlash from this story and he finds an apt and moves quickly up “the list”.

She is an angry brute with a ruddy manface.
Need to know who the baby daddy is.
Something tells me it would be sadly hilarious.

As for the usual assertions of this not being who she is.
BS, it is exactly who she is.
She used a weapon of opportunity to maim someone.

I would take one of her eyes.
Free honey rolls for a week to the inmate who makes that a reality.

This is all that is said about compensation.

He added: 'My other eye has always been weaker and I've struggled with forms. I don't like waiting for appointments because I think people are looking at me - it's been a problem.

'I missed the Victim Support payment for hardship, have no money, and have had no help. I have nothing.'

Sounds like he needed help submitting the request.

A lot of good people have done things that are "out of character" or "bad" while they were drunk but it doesn't make them any less responsible for their actions. She could have tried to do something to help his guy and his family, instead she brought another child into her shit show compounding more victims of her shitty selfish behaviors

If only the beauty of her eyebrows was matched by her heart. Instead, it's quite hte opposite. What a disgusting animal of a woman, vile fucking slag this one is. Disgusting paltry sentence.

Back