• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Thank you I appreciate the welcome :)
I think the hardest thing for me when I started posting (after agonizing over my post for hours because I was afraid it would be all messed up) was figuring out what forum to post it in. Did you have a specific story in mind?

The forums themselves have guidelines that you can take a look at, or you could just leave a comment and anyone can give you a hand!

Welcome @MamaButterfly !!

That's a much better handle than Madame Butterfly. She suffered a sad end.
Oh dang, a sad end! That doesn't sound good. What happened to Madame Butterfly, if I may ask?
I actually created the username Mamabutterfly a long time ago, but now it seems to be used often. (There is a story behind mine, which I will probably explain along the way.)
I am interested in this site which I will probably frequent often.
I am happy to be here, thank you for the welcome.
Sincerely,
MamaButterfly

I think the hardest thing for me when I started posting (after agonizing over my post for hours because I was afraid it would be all messed up) was figuring out what forum to post it in. Did you have a specific story in mind?

The forums themselves have guidelines that you can take a look at, or you could just leave a comment and anyone can give you a hand!
Thank you. I truly appreciate your reply.
I do have a specific story in mind, I guess I am just hesitant on where I post or share my story. I often come across sites like this, and sometimes I join but most often I get nothing in reply when sharing.
I honestly don't know where to start HERE when it comes to sharing my story but it's about a cold case. It's a case that is over 30 years old.
I have taken this story to sites like Reddit and I have been almost successful because of web sleuther's over the internet, and that is where my story really begins.
Not through reddit but taking it to the internet when the internet was beginning to take its form IS where my story began. I have shared my story all over the internet but nobody but web sluethers took interest in it. Yet, it was still just a very few.
I have even written into dateline, A&E, American Justice and one time I did get a reply from Yoland McClary from Cold Justice.
My story is long, but I don't mind how long it takes, because I have the rest of my life to hopefully find closure. That is my last glimmer of hope because I often wonder, IF I cannot close this story in my lifetime, it may never be resolved.

Now that I am getting myself familiar with this site, I will comment first on a story that is familiar to me.

I have been studying true crime since before I was a young adult, but I also learned over the years yet the more I studied the more I learned how Investigative Journalism became my secret passion.

This is just something that I do in my own time.

I will NOT get my hopes up, but I know if you search her name, you will see the story that's been shared all over the world wide web.

I have been telling her story over the internet for as long as I can remember.

This is a case that I will never give up on and I will continue on with it until my dying day.

Sincerely,
-MamaButterfly

Oh dang, a sad end! That doesn't sound good. What happened to Madame Butterfly, if I may ask?
I actually created the username Mamabutterfly a long time ago, but now it seems to be used often. (There is a story behind mine, which I will probably explain along the way.)
I am interested in this site which I will probably frequent often.
I am happy to be here, thank you for the welcome.
Sincerely,
MamaButterfly
She offed herself. Operas and Shakespearian plays often end up with a lot of dead bodies strewn around.

Oh, I don't know much about Shakespear, but I just read a brief about the story you shared here.
I am a different kind of butterfly, one who almost ended with a tragic end just the same but I survived.
I am a butterfly who came out of the darkness.
She offed herself. Operas and Shakespearian plays often end up with a lot of dead bodies strewn around.

Thank you. I truly appreciate your reply.
I do have a specific story in mind, I guess I am just hesitant on where I post or share my story. I often come across sites like this, and sometimes I join but most often I get nothing in reply when sharing.
I honestly don't know where to start HERE when it comes to sharing my story but it's about a cold case. It's a case that is over 30 years old.
I have taken this story to sites like Reddit and I have been almost successful because of web sleuther's over the internet, and that is where my story really begins.
Not through reddit but taking it to the internet when the internet was beginning to take its form IS where my story began. I have shared my story all over the internet but nobody but web sluethers took interest in it. Yet, it was still just a very few.
I have even written into dateline, A&E, American Justice and one time I did get a reply from Yoland McClary from Cold Justice.
My story is long, but I don't mind how long it takes, because I have the rest of my life to hopefully find closure. That is my last glimmer of hope because I often wonder, IF I cannot close this story in my lifetime, it may never be resolved.

Now that I am getting myself familiar with this site, I will comment first on a story that is familiar to me.

I have been studying true crime since before I was a young adult, but I also learned over the years yet the more I studied the more I learned how Investigative Journalism became my secret passion.

This is just something that I do in my own time.

I will NOT get my hopes up, but I know if you search her name, you will see the story that's been shared all over the world wide web.

I have been telling her story over the internet for as long as I can remember.

This is a case that I will never give up on and I will continue on with it until my dying day.

Sincerely,
-MamaButterfly
It does sound as though your story would be a perfect fit for the Past Crimes and Cold Cases forum.

Have you taken your story to your local media? Sometimes a reporter will take a story and do an article on it.

Cold cases are being solved at an amazing rate these days because of advances in DNA, including 30 and 40 year-old cases. There’s always hope.

Back