• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
How does the Canadian government get food to people that have none? Or is it just called something different?

If you get welfare here your expected to budget and buy your food for the month
Theres a certain amount designated called "Food and Lodging but its not enough
and many here rely on food bank soley as the food they eat monthly

If you get welfare here your expected to budget and buy your food for the month
Theres a certain amount designated called "Food and Lodging but its not enough
and many here rely on food bank soley as the food they eat monthly
Really? that is sad. Some people even working 2 jobs cannot budget to get enough on the table and cover other living
expenses, that's reality for a lot of folks. Damn sad.

People in my parts reproduce over and over just to get their "SNAP" benefits and welfare. Many kids still go hungry because their sorry parents sell them for drugs or drug money. Sad situation.

Really? that is sad. Some people even working 2 jobs cannot budget to get enough on the table and cover other living expenses, that's reality for a lot of folks. Damn sad.

There is a program here in So Cal (and possibly elsewhere) where you can get a big box of groceries that is supposed to last a family for four for a week. It only costs $25. You never know what's going to be in it, but I know a lot of laid-off constructions workers that will go get one from time to time, when struggling to make rent/mortgage or what have you. Housing here in So Cal is ridiculous.

I looked to see what they get here
a single woman gets $592.00 a month for everything,rent,food,bills and an extra 10.00 monthly for tampons/pads
Men get $582.00
Woman and 1 child get $998.00 to cover it all
And I believe with each child it goes up $200.00 a month
but we also have baby bonus here monthy $185.00 a month per child up until 18 or 19yo I cant remember
also 3xs a year everyone gets $100.00 for HST
Diff amounts for GST,, rescue gets $100.00 3xs a year
and there are a couple other gov cheques through out the year
basically each month theres an extra gov cheque for one thing or another like $60.00 every couple months for hydro rebate etc,etc
And food banks all over
I know I donate fresh produce all summer b/c I will have no veggies one day and a million pounds next day
We also donate regularily to food banks through out the year

Last edited:
[MENTION=1346]Whisper[/MENTION] Not sure where you are in Canada, but a few years ago, when my ex and I split up, I went on welfare for 6 weeks to make ends meet. I had 2 children at the time and we only got 674/month to cover food and lodging, plus a drug card. I was not working at the time and had to take in a roommate to help out with expenses.

Other than the welfare system here, the government is pretty generous in their handouts lol. I have the child tax benefit, the child care supplement, energy saving credit (every 3 months), hst (quarterly), and provincial tax credits (every 3 months).

Even if I didn't work now, I could probably afford my home and food and all expenses with those government credits/benefits.

[MENTION=1346]Whisper[/MENTION] Not sure where you are in Canada, but a few years ago, when my ex and I split up, I went on welfare for 6 weeks to make ends meet. I had 2 children at the time and we only got 674/month to cover food and lodging, plus a drug card. I was not working at the time and had to take in a roommate to help out with expenses.

Other than the welfare system here, the government is pretty generous in their handouts lol. I have the child tax benefit, the child care supplement, energy saving credit (every 3 months), hst (quarterly), and provincial tax credits (every 3 months).

Even if I didn't work now, I could probably afford my home and food and all expenses with those government credits/benefits.

Im in Ontario I just went by the guidlines on Ontario
Yes theres a drug card also
Yeah thats what I mean every month theres a cheque of some kind thats out
HST and GST the rescue gets
child tax benefit Im guessing is the Baby Bonus here

So, she sold her snap card for 50, how much did she get for her daughter?

Just sayin'

[MENTION=4295]Robynne[/MENTION], that's it, right there. It's been in my mind practically since day one in all this. Did she sell her for drugs, to settle a debt, or was the baby abused to death and thrown away like so much garbage, or a combination of all it?

There is a program here in So Cal (and possibly elsewhere) where you can get a big box of groceries that is supposed to last a family for four for a week. It only costs $25. You never know what's going to be in it, but I know a lot of laid-off constructions workers that will go get one from time to time, when struggling to make rent/mortgage or what have you. Housing here in So Cal is ridiculous.

http://angelfoodministries.com/ to name one, but there are others just like it and represented as co-ops

They are searching for a body now.

Aliayah Lunsford Search Focuses on Vadis Area.

The FBI says it has run out the search in the south Weston areas, but will still focus on "a couple areas of interest" there.
By Stacy Jacobson
Email | Bio | Other Stories by Stacy Jacobson

VADIS -- As reported, authorities have moved their search for missing Aliayah Lunsford, 3, to the Vadis area of Lewis County.
Thursday, the FBI said it has not roped off a crime scene and the team is just focusing on "search areas" in Vadis.

Special Agent Jeff Killeen said he can't discuss law enforcement's interest in Vadis. Though authorities are still focused on a "couple of places" in the south Weston area, they have "run out" the search there.

In Vadis, crews are searching both land and water, but Killeen said the terrain has slowed them down.

"The topography makes it a big challenge for anyone trying to look for evidence or a missing person. West Virginia is a big place with a lot of land, not that many people and the topography is tough. So it complicates things," he said.

Federal, state and county authorities are investigating her disappearance. They consider homicide, kidnapping and concealment possibilities.

Killeen said he will update whether the FBI will offer a reward for information and more public materials within one week.

http://wboy.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=111077

Saturday marks five weeks since Aliayah Lunsford, 3, was last seen in her Bendale home. Not much information has been released to the public in regards to the investigation, but this week, FBI Special Agents said they temporarily moved the command center to another part of the county.

The mobile command was moved to what the FBI called a rural part of the county earlier this week, but on Friday, it was moved back to the West Virginia State Police Detachment.

Folks in the community say crews were searching on Vadis Road earlier this week. Aliayah's stepfather, Ralph Lunsford, lived at an address on this street when he was arrested in 2009 for attempted malicious assault.

Her disappearance is still being investigated as a murder, a concealment or an abduction. As of now, no one has been labeled as a suspect.

On Thursday, one of Aliayah's great aunts made a plea for her return.

"We're scared. We're hurt. We're angry. We're grieving. We want this little girl home," says Vicki Bowen.

Bowen adds, "We have to believe she is still out there."
http://www.wdtv.com/index.php/home/...-moves-again-in-aliayah-search-family-speaks-

http://angelfoodministries.com/ to name one, but there are others just like it and represented as co-ops

Just making a note here, but Angel Food Ministries has closed down as of September. I went to look it up and see what it was about and found an article that says they have ceased operations and 98% of orders for September were refunded b/c they were unable to distribute for that month.

As for this sad little girl, I think they should have been searching for a body from day one. Just my feeling. I don't think she left her home alive that day.

Summer 2011

thanks for those [MENTION=2771]Hellsbells[/MENTION] ! i have to say... until i saw these, i thought that little girl's smile had been permanently broken by the adults in her life.

i hope she is around - somewhere - to smile once more...

That second picture disturbed me. I first thought of bruises then realized it was birthday cake.
I hope they find Aliayah. The not knowing is so awful.

That second picture disturbed me. I first thought of bruises then realized it was birthday cake.
I hope they find Aliayah. The not knowing is so awful.

Yeah, same here about the pic...

I've been lurking for about a year... I'm just now realising that so many kids, so many women, men... well... they just never find out. Yes, I to have faith I will see the lost children in heaven. If I'm careful and loving enough.

Wednesday marks 40 days since Aliayah Lunsford was last seen in her Lewis County home and there's no word on where she may be. Her great aunt, Vickie Bowen, says Aliayah's disappearance has resulted in many sleepless nights and they want to see her safely returned.

Bowen is doing something many of us may never do, and that's put her number out in the public for anyone to call. She's begging anyone with information to please call her, even if you don't want to release your identity.

Bowen released the following statement:

"I am begging, if anyone knows anything at all about where this child is, please call me at 304-493-9549. I will come and get her and I will ask no questions. Please we just want her home! You don't even have to tell me who you are, just arrange for me to pick her up. You don't have to be there. Tell me where she is an leave her there, Just please keep her safe. She is loved by so many. Please do this, we want her home!! If there is anyone out there with information and doesn't feel comfortable with calling 911 or the authorities for whatever reason, CALL ME PLEASE. You don't have to tell me who you are. Please, if you know ANYTHING that will help, call me. 304-493-9549 You can call me collect from a pay phone if you feel more confident in doing that."

The family will not say their personal opinions on what happened to Aliayah but they want to see whoever is responsible be fully prosecuted.

Aliayah's disappearance is still being investigated as a murder, a concealment or an abduction.

http://www.wdtv.com/index.php/home/local-news/9906-aliayahs-family-releases-statement-for-her-return

After more than a month of searching for a missing 3-year old Lewis County girl, the FBI has decided to offer a reward for anyone who has information leading to the discovery of Aliayah Lunsford or to the person or persons responsible for her disappearance.

It is a $20,000 reward, and it will go to anyone who leads investigators to Aliayah, or for any information that leads to the identification, the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for her disappearance.

FBI spokesman Jeff Killeen said they thought now was the appropriate time to offer that reward. He also says hunting season could also prove to be helpful in the case. The FBI is asking all hunters in the area to be on the lookout for anything suspicious and to report it to law enforcement.

The FBI plans to release updated pictures of Aliayah in the next week. Investigators are still following up on leads and tips from the community and do not plan to scale down the search at all. They recently wrapped up a search in the Vadis area of Lewis County, and that search helped them rule certain things out.

Nothing has changed in their mindset that this is either a murder, an abduction or a concealment. Special Agent Killeen did squash the rumor that Aliayah has been sold.

They also told us why they are being so tight lipped about the suspects in this investigation. "We have to collect evidence. We have to bring enough evidence to convict somebody of a crime beyond reasonable doubt" said Special Agent Jeff Killeen. "If we would divulge that kind of information prematurely, that may jeopardize a criminal case. I apologize that we cannot be more fourth coming with the facts that we have, but nonetheless we've made considerable progress thus far."
http://www.wdtv.com/index.php/home/...sford-press-conference-held-fbi-offers-reward

Man, I'd hate to be a hunter and walk up on remains. I mean, it would mean the mystery's over and she's been found, but it would freak me out. Unless someone has her and is caring for her, I don't think there's much chance the little one is still alive.

She sold her foodstamps to feed her kids, maybe she would sell her kid.

Wishful thinking but I think she's no longer living. Driving miles away and running out of gas "looking" for her just makes no sense at all to me.

I think Aliayah and Baby Lisa are both gone. I think that Aliayah was maybe sold or abused to death, and an accident took the life of Baby Lisa. I don't get why these people don't just come clean and tell what happened. Someone knows. More than one someone, in both cases.

Lena Lunsford Reportedly Gives Birth to Twins Who Are Now in State Custody

Thursday marks 48 days of Aliayah Lunsford's disappearance, and there's still no sign of where she may be. But reports from family members on Facebook say her mother, Lena Lunsford, has given birth to a set of twins.

But it was apparently a day of mixed emotions for Lena, as those same reports suggest those twins have already been taken into custody by the state.

Wednesday, Lena released a statement related to Aliayah's disappearance. Lena says that the family still believes she is out there, somewhere, alive. She's asking folks to keep a vigilant eye out for anything regarding her disappearance.

In a letter released by her attorney, she thanks the thousands of people looking for her daughter.

This Saturday marks the seventh week of Aliayah's disappearance.
http://www.wdtv.com/index.php/home/...s-birth-to-twins-who-are-now-in-state-custody

Maybe now Lena will realize that she should stop having children if she can't keep track of them.

Maybe now Lena will realize that she should stop having children if she can't keep track of them.

[MENTION=405]Nell[/MENTION], this is truth, but I really wish she could have figured that out several children ago. It would save the little ones from what they end up going through, whatever it may be.

I keep checking, hoping for an update, but it just seems there are more and more missing babies who never get found, and it's never known what happened to them, and whoever did something to them just goes on with his or her life.

I'm glad the twin babies and other children are out of there. How she going to explain twins missing?? yeah, don't have a plan on that one now do ya, took care of it for you.
SO many babies gone missing, makes me so heart sick.

Back