• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/09/us/mexican-man-beaten-brick-los-angeles/index.html
Tears glistened on the black and purple bruises covering 91-year-old Rodolfo Rodriguez's face as he described being attacked by a group of people while going for a walk on the Fourth of July.

"I can't walk anymore," Rodriguez said in Spanish. "I'm in so much pain."

He'll be turning 92 in September, Rodriguez said, and he's never been hurt like this before, in a life working the fields with cattle and corn.

He had traveled from Michoacan, Mexico, to visit his family in Willowbrook, California, a city in Los Angeles County, his grandson Erik Mendoza said.

He makes the trip about twice a year, and takes a walk through the neighborhood every day after lunch, Mendoza said. "Everyone in the neighborhood knows him already," he said.

Rodriguez said he was walking to a nearby park on Wednesday when he passed a woman and a little girl. Without warning, the woman assaulted him, he said, hitting him with a concrete block and enlisting a group of men to join in beating him.

"I didn't even bump into her kid," Rodriguez said. "I just passed her and she pushed me and she hit me until she was done."

Police are looking for "a female suspect and three to four male suspects" in the assault, the LA County Sheriff's Department said in a statement Monday night.
[....]
"We are concerned, especially with the type of crime they committed," Sheriff's Deputy D'Angelo Robinson told CNN affiliate KTLA. "There was what appears to be a 4-year-old child there who witnessed the entire thing. We can't have these kind of people like that out in the streets."

Misbel Borjas was driving by when she saw the woman hitting Rodriguez repeatedly in the head with a concrete block, she said.

"I heard her saying, go back to your country, go back to Mexico," she told CNN by phone. "When I tried to videotape her with my cell phone, she threw that same concrete block, tried to hit my car."
180710220058-mexican-man-beaten-brick-los-angeles-exlarge-169.jpg

A Sheriff's Department spokeswoman said Tuesday that police are looking for a woman seen holding a brick in a photo taken by Borjas. They did not say the woman in the photo is a suspect.

Rodriguez said he doesn't remember when his attacker picked up the concrete block, but he remembers being hit repeatedly. At one point, he says, the woman ran up to a group of men nearby and told them Rodriguez was trying to take her daughter away from her -- so the men joined her and started kicking him as he lay bleeding on the sidewalk, Rodriguez said.

Mendoza said his grandfather suffered a broken jaw, broken cheekbones, two broken ribs and bruises on his face, back and abdomen. He spent five or six hours in the hospital, he said.

The family has started a GoFundMe campaign to help cover Rodriguez's medical costs.

As his grandfather laid back in a reclining chair at the family home, wearing a white T-shirt and blue plaid pajamas, Mendoza kissed him on one of the few places he hadn't been injured: the top of his head.

"But that's not true," he said, through tears. "In the years I have been alive I have never offended anyone."
[....]
"We think we have an idea (on who the suspects are) but I just want police to find them," Mendoza said.

[Laquisha] Jones has been arrested on multiple occasions in the past, according to Los Angeles County Records.

She’s been arrested twice for loitering for prostitution, and has also been convicted of prostitution in a third instance. Additionally, she has been arrested for vandalism, as well as for criminal threats, as well.

These arrests began as early as 2011, when Jones was in her early twenties, and have continued through to 2017. This arrest will be her sixth.
https://heavy.com/news/2018/07/laquisha-jones/

Bad, bad Bumble. ;)

Darn! This doesn't meet the criteria for evil racist [insert your favorite hate group label here].
This was supposed to be an evil white Republican. Instead it was a crazy mean black lady who was probably irritated by her titty sweat on a hot summer day. And imbittered by many failed life choices. So she took it out on an easy victim.
I bet she's done a lot of mean things already to other people and children. This time She was caught.
Vicious sow.

Last edited:
Does anyone have an idea why they are so adamant that this was not a hate crime?
I'm not discounting Political correctness and the media attention. However, the legal description of a hate crime is so specific that it's hard to prosecute even when it seems blatant to many.
The investigation may lead them to charge a hate crime anyway. Or an enhancement for pummeling an old man.
Coming back to continue the beating!

Last edited:
Could be. Haven't some people argued that you can't be racist if you're a member of a group that has been the target of hate? I don't get that logic, frankly.

I don't get that either. My ex is Hispanic and he hates black people with a passion (actually he hated a lot of minority groups, one of the many reasons he's my ex, but especially African Americans). I called him out on it several times and I even pointed out to him that he said the exact same stereotype things about black people that white people say about Hispanics and his response was "yes but it's true about black people". POS.

Could be. Haven't some people argued that you can't be racist if you're a member of a group that has been the target of hate? I don't get that logic, frankly.

I believe the thinking is that "racism" only applies when there's a system in place that systematically oppresses other races than the one you belong to. So being a "racist" just means you're "punching down" at people of different races while systematically benefiting (knowingly or not) from being of your own race. Anyone can be prejudiced toward others of any race, though. :cool:

I can sort of see the logic, but it still feels somewhat offensive/inaccurate to be told I'm automatically a racist for having white skin in this country. Particularly as I believe I'm a relatively non-prejudiced person. (The Harvard implicit bias test agrees.)

Update - She plead 'no-contest' yesterday.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/californ...y-man-was-beaten-with-a-brick-das-office-says

A California woman entered a no-contest plea on Thursday after she was arrested over the summer over the assault of an elderly man with a brick, officials announced.

Laquisha Jones, 30, entered the plea to one count of elder abuse, infliction of injury, following a July encounter that left the man, Rodolfo Rodriguez, “severely” injured, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office said in a news release.

<...>

She was arrested roughly a week later in connection with the assault, police said at the time.

“Jones also admitted allegations of using a deadly and dangerous weapon, a brick, during the commission of the crime and that she inflicted great bodily injury upon the victim,” the DA’s office said Thursday.

<...>

Jones' sentencing is scheduled for Feb. 28, and she faces 15 years in state prison, the DA’s office said.

@Satanica

A Beastie known as Laquisha has pleaded no contest in a brick beating attack that left a 91-year-old grandfather hospitalized.

The badly built bitch entered the no contest plea to one count of elder abuse inflicting injury on Thursday in Los Angeles, in connection with the Forth of July attack on Rodolfo Rodriguez.

As part of the negotiated plea deal, a charge of attempted murder was dropped, according to Deputy District Attorney Frank Dunnick.

Jones also admitted to a special allegation that she used her fat body as a dangerous weapon in the crime, and that she had a prior conviction for making criminal threats in 2017, the district attorney's office said.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...st-beating-91-year-old-grandfather-BRICK.html
1546020822205.png

Laquisha those thighs are a crime against biker shorts.

Last edited:
Back